You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New York. What to do there?

Anny Road

It was makes me wonder why people go abroad on a trip & then spend ages posting on gone forum while they are there.

However, maybe it's explainable due to the fact going to the baseball is beyond tedious & you needed to do something to liven it up.

On the other side, Stigs bird looks quite nice. I can see why she's always trying to get rid of him.

• 4 weeks later...

Me & my lad flying there tomorrow for his 21st should be good, I took him 10 years ago but he can't remember to much about it shame the exchange rate is shite but never mind

Because of a storm, I'm just stuck in an airport in Atlanta waiting to fly in too. I'm there till Saturday morning, then off to Chicago.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me & my lad flying there tomorrow for his 21st should be good, I took him 10 years ago but he can't remember to much about it shame the exchange rate is shite but never mind

That's a proper birthday! Have a ball!

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Booked for next Feb with my mum, dad, sister, brother in law, two nephews, wife and child. Hit me up with shit to do.

Strip clubs are unlikely but not impossible. Got to have a dream to aim for. Just need to lose all of the above.

• Upvote 2

Booked for next Feb with my mum, dad, sister, brother in law, two nephews, wife and child. Hit me up with shit to do.

Like, stay at home? You're mad going with a one year old in tow unless you're absolutely clear you'll be sharing her out between you. How old are the nephews?

Strip clubs are unlikely but not impossible. Got to have a dream to aim for. Just need to lose all of the above.

I've spent loads of time there the last few years with my job, but I maybe saw the inside of pubs more than anything else to be fair. I would have the strip clubs at the bottom of the list anyway, you get better at home.

You could fill weeks up there depending what you're into and I guess some of it you will have to do, like going up the empire state etc.

Oh and wrap up, Feb can be the coldest thing you've ever felt. I was there this Feb and even bought long John's.

I have to reiterate what Barry has said, we went February 2015 and it was -12 when we got off the plane and barely went above zero the whole week we were there, I think the cold ruined it to be honest and I wouldn't go back at that time of year (we went for both our birthdays).

Hopefully it's a bit warmer for you. All the art galleries and museums are great, the 9/11 memorial is well worth a trip, Staten Island Ferry is free and if you do get out for a drink, Jimmy's Corner off Times Square is the place to go.

Just back from there 2 weeks ago. You have to go up the One World observatory. It's a mind blowing view of the city. We were blessed that the weather was great so we could see the sun setting without any cloud cover. Also caught David Gilmour in madison sq garden. Amazing venue and the gig was one of the best I was ever at. If you can catch a gig then do, you won't regret it.

Great little Irish pub down near wall Street called the Dead Rabbit that was voted one of the world's best bars or some shit. Great little spot but food is pricey in it.

Other than that I've been to much better cities to be honest. It's far too manic in New York.