You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

A labrador in human form.

I can't hate him, he's just another stat boy we bought to develop and sell on. The idea isn't to find trophy winners, but sustainability and perhaps profit. Good luck with this chump. Ben Chilwell is next.

Very sad. But so true.

This post will be lost in a sea of insults and abuse, but it is so true and it hurts. Why don't you start a topic about the root of our problems, the fsg-Arsenal model fraud.

I'll defend that stance unless we bring someone better at defending in who has the same physical attributes (pace and stamina). 

As I said earlier he had a very good 1st half, and even if he's not top notch with the ball, he always provides an outlet on the left. His 30-yd run at full pelt led to Sturridge having enough space to make the 1st goal for example. 

I know I'm fighting a losing battle here, but I'm pretty sure he lines up at LB when the season starts, as for all of Klopp's screaming at him, I think he'll try to make him a better fullback rather than kicking him out.

Some disgraceful comments towards one of our own players on here btw.

We cannot build a side with him at LB, no fucking way. He just does not learn from his (repeated) mistakes and doesn't understand simple basic defending. A liability. If we have any serious ambitions as a team, the turds have to be flushed. He has to go.

I, as much as anyone else, like to see a full back running up the flank and creating over laps but more than all of that, I like to see my full backs defend. Moreno is not a good defender and that is his primary roll. We stuck with Jon Arne Riise for several seasons and I dont want to see history repeat itself. He is a liability and we need to improve in that position. For me there is no real argument to the contrary.

He's shit defensively and he's shit going forward. He conspired to an almost shakespearean betrayal tonight and in the aftermath when he was collecting his medal, he was one of the only ones that didn't look arsed at all, probably disappointed he couldn't celebrate with the Sevilla players on the pitch. 

• Upvote 2

I'll defend that stance unless we bring someone better at defending in who has the same physical attributes (pace and stamina).

As I said earlier he had a very good 1st half, and even if he's not top notch with the ball, he always provides an outlet on the left. His 30-yd run at full pelt led to Sturridge having enough space to make the 1st goal for example.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle here, but I'm pretty sure he lines up at LB when the season starts, as for all of Klopp's screaming at him, I think he'll try to make him a better fullback rather than kicking him out.

Some disgraceful comments towards one of our own players on here btw.

I agree that the abuse towards him tonight has gone completely overboard. It's almost like the rest of them performed to Kolo's level.

• Upvote 1

I agree that the abuse towards him tonight has gone completely overboard. It's almost like the rest of them performed to Kolo's level.

Maybe, but it's not like he's been excellent all season and had one bad game is it. People's explosion of anger tonight is because this is just the icing on the cake of how shit he's been since he arrived. For example no one gave Gerrard shit when he had a bad game because he'd built up credit and always gave 100 per cent. Moreno hasn't done that.

That cahellenge will not only haunt him for the rest of his career (hopefully) but unroftuanly me as well . If ever a final was lost in a split second it was then.

Don't get me wrong the rest of the team shit it's pants afterwards but that was a defining moment in a major final and for that reason hopefully will never ever play for us again , mistakes I can forgive but utter shithouseness I can't .

• Upvote 1

Maybe, but it's not like he's been excellent all season and had one bad game is it. People's explosion of anger tonight is because this is just the icing on the cake of how shit he's been since he arrived. For example no one gave Gerrard shit when he had a bad game because he'd built up credit and always gave 100 per cent. Moreno hasn't done that.

I don't disagree with any of that, but everybody was well aware of his weaknesses going into the game, Sevilla more than us, most likely, and he didn't pick himself tonight.

Great managers get things wrong too. Crouch should have started in Athens in 2007 and Moreno should, at the very least, been substituted early in the second half tonight.

Football games turn on moments. That's just the way it is. Apart from being brain dead, he funks out of challenges all the time. Its not good enough.

Hopefully tonight is the end of him for us.

I don't disagree with any of that, but everybody was well aware of his weaknesses going into the game, Sevilla more than us, most likely, and he didn't pick himself tonight.

Great managers get things wrong too. Crouch should have started in Athens in 2007 and Moreno should, at the very least, been substituted early in the second half tonight.

For me it should have been Bellamy against a defence who's average age was 72.

What pisses me off is we stole a final in 05 but we've lost the last two since then against

sides who were there for the taking.

We cannot blame one player for the gut wrenching, end of days, sorrowful, heartbreaking, dip into the void, tear inducing, life reducing, near death experiencing moment of Hades like pain that was tonight's result. Of course we can't.

But, it all started with Alberto.

That's him.

Loads of tats. Vacant eyes. Really dumb hairstyle.

Yes, him.

But it wasn't all his fault. There were these other people.

But, if you push me for an answer; he started it.

• Upvote 2