You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Banks - Bankers

Bobby Hundreds

Bankers were no different to households, we all took advantage of the cheap debt that was on offer, which is why the economy overheated so much, and why it crashed so spectacularly.

Eh? Aren't banks meant to be responsible for the flow of money, whereas households are perennially struggling to make ends meet? Householders had money thrown at them by the banks whose responsibility it is to know better. I'd argue people were deliberately misled by the banks who were (arguably) criminally negligent.

• Upvote 1

That's an absolutely laughable statement Dog. Risible.

You want to explain how someone using a credit card is the same as financial players deliberately selling houses to people with explosive rates in them or the same as Goldman Sachs sabotaging the Greek economy?

Pitiful stance to take.

• Upvote 1

You want to explain how someone using a credit card is the same as financial players deliberately selling houses to people with explosive rates in them or the same as Goldman Sachs sabotaging the Greek economy?

Pitiful stance to take.

No chance he believes a word of it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm still waiting on your forensic dissection of the Centrica accounts. The one you harped on about doing for a week...

I didn't say I was giving a forensic dissection of Centrica accounts, I said I was going to deal with your nonsense. Yeah, life got in the way. Haven't done it yet. Feel free to point me to the bollocks you'd like me to make look like thoughtless drivel and I'll spend some time on it. I think my main issue was the way you were presenting half-truths in a ridiculous way in an attempt to stick up for the poor ol' billionaires with your '50 quid per customer' bollocks. Yes, it was that bollocks that I was going to pick you up on. Link me up and I'll do it tonight. I think most people saw through it as empty headed guff, so it didn't seem that important at the time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm pointing stuff out to you? I said we make £50 a customer, you said we didn't. I used profit/customers...

Yeah, £50 profit per customer is exactly what I'm talking about. It's a fudged number on your part. You know it is. Probably what annoys me the most. You asked if £50 profit was excessive. Well, that's not really the amount of profit, that's what's left after tax, investment, and expenses - like bonuses and salary, and buyouts and futures funds. And yes, I do think it's excessive whilst we've got such a high rate of death in the elderly. Choosing to frame it as '£50 profit per customer from billions of investment' is done for one reason, to blandly attempt to make the mega-money companies like yours earn. The investment comes mostly from profit, and the shareholder return recently has been far higher than you let on. It's a sham on your part.

I imagine bankers don't figure much in the league of highest paid in London these days. Thing on the telly last week about 'the scandal' of property developers in the smoke offering property to the wealthy in the Middle East and Asia years before they're built and anyone over here gets a sniff. It's hilarious in its own way, where once the barrow boy bought a second home and pissed off the locals whose kids had to move to another post code, now the barrow boy is getting priced out by some Russians. The country just pimps itself out to money, the working class got wiped out 20 years ago and now the middle class is getting shat on, it'll squeeze and squeeze and squeeze until there's nothing left.

Dangerous stuff that

You fuck with the middle classes and they tend to fuck back

Every big revolution has been run by a very pissed off middle class

American, French, Russian, 2nd English Civil War etc

Bankers were no different to households, we all took advantage of the cheap debt that was on offer, which is why the economy overheated so much, and why it crashed so spectacularly.

No we didnt. What university did you get your full honors for your dissertation on economics again?

Illiterate prick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I assume its in the backlog to be dealt with by the pube with his crime statistics he relies on, which he later backtracked from after me pointing out that they are not valid statistics for crime, when requested later he made the exact same point, backtracked on their validity, these are the same statistics that the police admitted to fudging for a decade or so oh so recently. One moment he swears by them and claims that crime willl go up as a result of policy they next they are useless figures cos the rise in crime didnt happen and his shifting the goalposts to 'violent crime' which still didnt bear scrutiny.

In other words Rico dont hold your breath, hes already backtracking from his claims he would take the accounts apart.

Total worm isnt he?

• Downvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Heh, Dennis telling lies again. I wish he'd learn to read. It'd save him quite a bit of embarrassment with these claims he makes (up as he goes).

As for calling Stronts illiterate. Fuck. Me.

What I wrote is an absolute fact

Well, I'm quite sure I didn't write that.

Pitiful stance to take.

Yes, it would be, you fucking dunderhead.

Try reading what I wrote next time before negging me for a statement of fact.

No we didnt. What university did you get your full honors for your dissertation on economics again?

Illiterate prick.

Being called illiterate by dennis tooth, the guy who can't even use grammar and punctuation properly. Priceless.

Come back when you understand a fucking thing about anything, you worthless piece of shitslime.

Heh, Dennis telling lies again. I wish he'd learn to read. It'd save him quite a bit of embarrassment with these claims he makes (up as he goes).

As for calling Stronts illiterate. Fuck. Me.

Thems the facts which is why you didnt post your posts on the matter to prove it, pretty sure I can think of a better example of lying such as saying you will keep me on ignore and ignore my posts and things instead of spending half a page talking about me. Once again must have struck a nerve.. I miss this place. And yeah SD is a total economic illiterate. Hes the son of a libdem Im the son of an economist, of sorts. Ive had a big head start in life thats not even up for debate, Ive calculated in terms of age we are of the same generation yet in terms of knowledge and wisdom to apply the standard is still in the throes of a prematurely born baby being rushed to hospital to be put on an incubator, whereas Id be slightly older maybe in my late thirties. 

Full trial is now scheduled for 28th Feb expected to last two days, its listed as the kween VS Dennis Tooth. I will have my day, meanwhile you'll still be counting up ye reps and bein a funky hannibal lecturer, in your own mind at least, if I needs anyone to plagerise so gorilla art off the internet for my prison cell I will be in touch.

Now thats embarrasing, its total nonsense to project your emotions onto me, your a very proud man, a very proud man, fuck pride (copyright marcellus fuckin wallace before you start crying about property rights happy birthday meister capitalista. ) I dont have pride so how could I be embrassed? Keep your womanly emotions inside and get back in the kitchen Ive bought cakemix for you and a 20 bag o' weed so make yeself useful.

It's easy to pull the wool over people's eyes and rip them off cos they've divided and conquered us the people. Whilst they are laughing in their ski resorts we are arguing on a forum and critisimg each other's Grammer like these 2 posters above. Once the people unite the big business and banks will get scared.