You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

with our current squad theres no way we will finish in the top 6.Chelsea, Man U and City look like finishing in the top 3 and with spurs signing's they will definitely make a run for the top 4.

I dont like to be pessimistic but an injury to sturridge and saurez we will struggle with goals. We have bought players who cost less than 10 million who the owners or manager thinks that they will be worth 50m each in the next three years.

I believe we are done with our transfers.

A bit of objectivity here, in the space of 8 months we've added the goal threat of Coutinho and Sturridge, the clear potential of Aspas and we've kept hold of our best player Suarez. As an attacking unit we're in a much better position than this time last year.

Spurs have added Salgado, Paulihno, Dembele and it's looking like Willian, quality players, they'll take time to settle and there's still no guarentee particularly as they're highly likely to lose the substantial contribution of Bale. None of Spurs new players at the moment are in the same bracket as Bale or indeed Suarez.

Willian would have been a nice addition but at £30 million, it's looking like a very expensive marquee signing. I was far more gutted we couldn't bring in Mkhitaryan who would have been a very good fit.

I hadn't noticed anyone on here over the last few weeks posting that the difference between us being able to challenge for the top four or not was dependent on us bring in Willian?

I'd still prefer to see us bring in a quality CB first.

A bit of objectivity here, in the space of 8 months we've added the goal threat of Coutinho and Sturridge, the clear potential of Aspas and we've kept hold of our best player Suarez. As an attacking unit we're in a much better position than this time last year.

Spurs have added Salgado, Paulihno, Dembele and it's looking like Willian, quality players, they'll take time to settle and there's still no guarentee particularly as they're highly likely to lose the substantial contribution of Bale. None of Spurs new players at the moment are in the same bracket as Bale or indeed Suarez.

Willian would have been a nice addition but at £30 million, it's looking like a very expensive marquee signing. I was far more gutted we couldn't bring in Mkhitaryan who would have been a very good fit.

I hadn't noticed anyone on here over the last few weeks posting that the difference between us being able to challenge for the top four or not was dependent on us bring in Willian?

I dont think you would say that though if we had signed them players, would you?

Any of it.

Realistically though, who else are we likely to sign?

If it's some unknown then there'll be a meltdown. Someone well known and we pay over the odds. Catch 22.

I'm really happy with this transfer window purely because of who we've sold and I'd call it a minor success based on that.

Ha ha, it's hysterical you think we've had a good window based on players we have shipped out. Fuck me we might aswell pack up and go home.

The scouts and manager have had all fucking year to compile a list of targets to go after who they believe will fit our system, if Aspas and Alberto are the sum of that then it's no surprise Suarez wants out and that we can't 'attract' the required players to challenge for the top 4.

I don't even know why I get worked up anymore because the owners clearly have no intention of making us great again because whatever way you look at it money talks and if you arnt willing to spend it then your unlikely to win fuck all.

I don't believe for one fucking minute that we couldn't improve our first 11 this window but its all about will, and to me it looks like we haven't got the will at the club to try and make the necessary improvements, and before anyone says it I don't want to hear about phantom fucking bids for players because ill give credit when they make the signings not when they decide to put stories out.

I see another cheap signing is going through without a hitch, weird how that works, looks like there is more will to complete the cheaper deals.

Looking more and more like that January window was a fluke/anomaly rather then our great new committee.

Wondering if Chelsea will go for Hulk if their final Rooney bid fails. Surely he's not just going to stay at Zenit with nobody even putting in a bid? Or has he really dropped performance wise lately?

And if Zenit fail to get into the CL, maybe we should bid for him too? Hopefully he's playing in half an hour in their qualifier anyway, will be good to see how he's doing at club level.

Maybe because of our 0 net spend people were still waiting to see who The club had targeted with our top new scouting network instead of waiting for some oligarch to decide to pull the plug before we are linked with him.

We have and I'm actually pretty happy with all of them. The overall quality of the squad has gone up, I'd say. Not massively, but I think it has improved. The issue is that we're around level on net spend when you consider agent fees and payoffs. We need to invest in more outfield first team quality.

We've got a couple of weeks to do it. I hope to fuck we sort something out, because I was pretty positive about our chances until today. It's gone from Spurs losing Bale and having an okay squad and us keeping Suarez and signing Willian, to them signing Willian and Lamela. Which is cockery.

HAHA did you just include agent fees and pay offs in our net spend, in order to promote the idea that we havent got a negative net spend?

HAHAHA DID WE HAVE TO BREAK INTO A TENNER?

Are you really that desperate to make FSG look good come what may?

Do you actually support the club or just here while FSG are here?

I am pretty sure that this sort of desperation means we are fucked.

Arsenal must have a positive net spend then, given the outlay in fees etc for Sanogo and the big pay offs to the likes of Arshavin, plus you have to factor in the bus fare Stan Kroenke paid to go to the Higuain meetings in that ultimately failed attempt to sign him, also a snickers he paid for out the clubs accounts whilst waiting for said bus.

Its a lot of money, Im scratching my head wondering why Arsenal fans are so upset given the spending they've been doing pay offs and suchlike.

Liverpool FC - Player changes, player transfers 2012/2013 - transfermarkt.co.uk

Just a reminder that we spent £50 million net in last seasons 2 windows, which is not bad. We have a plus £3.5 million so far this window admittedly, but it's tough when we are not in the cl, and spurs always offer more cos they see us as a threat.

There is still nearly 2 weeks left, I don't buy the propaganda theory. I fucking hope not after shelling out for a season ticket.

Liverpool FC - Player changes, player transfers 2012/2013 - transfermarkt.co.uk

Just a reminder that we spent £50 million net in last seasons 2 windows, which is not bad. We have a plus £3.5 million so far this window admittedly, but it's tough when we are not in the cl, and spurs always offer more cos they see us as a threat.

There is still nearly 2 weeks left, I don't buy the propaganda theory. I fucking hope not after shelling out for a season ticket.

Where do they get the transfer fee for Allen as £16.7 million and Sturridge 13.2million