You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Dominic Campbell ‏@dom_campbell 47m

And yes. The mood is very positive that we will land this one.

Dominic Campbell ‏@dom_campbell 1h

But Tottenham look set to submit a bid next week. The club is trying to move quickly to avoid yet another complicated saga.

Dominic Campbell ‏@dom_campbell 1h

Fee agreed for £32m for Willian, although 35 has also been thrown at me which I suspect is euros. We are currently in talks with the agent.

I must confess I haven't seen much of this Willian guy, is he really worth that much? Turan could be available for much less than 32 m and we would be getting a fan.

Willian is a quality player, 30 m seems a bit high though and I don't see how he fits with this "value" approach we hear so much about. I really don't see FSG spending this amount for him or any other 1 player ever again.

perhaps if they think he might give us that bit extra to get us Champions League they'll be willing to pay more than the usually would

Having read a bit about this I can't see the club offering more than 20m for Willian so it will come down to what kind of a hit Anzhi are willing to take or whether someone else pays close to the 30m fee Anzhi shelled out when they bought him.

For more on what is happening at Anzhi the following is informative.

World Football: Why Anzhi Makhachkala Cash has Failed to Translate Into Success | Bleacher Report

Southampton are building a very decent team. Get a quality centre half in and they could be this season's Swansea.

Already got Lovren but yes could possibly do with another, Osvaldo will be a good signing and I reckon the likes of Schneiderlin, Lallana and Clyne will continue to improve whilst Ramirez could well have a better season this time round

Looks like he can pkay anywhere behind the striker but I think he ll be on the right as we already have coutinho left and hopefully suarez in the hole. If we get him we ll have good option's in those front 4 positions

Willian---------------------suarez----------------------coutinho

Ibe-------------------------Aspas----------------------Sterling

--------------------------Sturridge------------------------------

--------------------------Borini---------------------------------

Already got Lovren but yes could possibly do with another, Osvaldo will be a good signing and I reckon the likes of Schneiderlin, Lallana and Clyne will continue to improve whilst Ramirez could well have a better season this time round

Didn't realise they had him. Could be in for a very exciting season, just hope we're better prepared for them this year. Ward-Prowse and Shaw look like they will develop into fine players too. The latter is someone we should be looking at before someone else does. Looks a quality player for someone so young.

Didn't realise they had him. Could be in for a very exciting season, just hope we're better prepared for them this year. Ward-Prowse and Shaw look like they will develop into fine players too. The latter is someone we should be looking at before someone else does. Looks a quality player for someone so young.

Did you see ward-prowse free kick run up yesterday?

He does some tap dance, it's stupid.

I'm out.

The Bale speculation will probably increase after Real came so close to dropping points on the first day of the season, even if it is just bullshit written by some journo's because of that. Would be good if it was over by the end of the week either way, it's getting badly boring now.

If they hand over Morata as part of the deal to get him though I still think they're complete morons, unless there's a buyback option. (Morata and Isco working together could be a huge part of Real's future too, they should really try to play them together more often.)

So glad there's less than two weeks of this left.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Southampton FCVerified account

@SouthamptonFC

Osvaldo has agreed a four-year deal at St Mary's, and will be officially presented as a #SaintsFC player tomorrow. Full story to follow.

Probably why Spurs are going for Willian. No way is Lamela (Spurs target) and Osvaldo going to be released in one summer.