You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Will you take £12 million for Baines?

'No.'

Hmm....How about 12 million for Baines?

Ha. It's an interesting haggling technique, they'll need some luck with it.

I wonder what style of football Moyes has lined up for them when he buys them two? Out wide, cross it in to elbows, elbows knocks it down, latch onto second ball. Tiki-taka.

I think felliani is overrated but Baines is fantastic, the best fullback in the country easily the most effective. If I was Everton I'd expect the price to reflect that.

Agreed. Fellaini is above average but does score a lot of goals from midfield so is probably worth around £20M. Baines is a top player and offering £12M for him is an insult, no wonder the BS are pissed.

£28m for them both?

That's awfully generous of United to offer to take two World Class players for the price of one. Surprised that Everton had the temerity to turn it down, rude.

I think they'd be much better off raiding Southampton for Shaw and Scheiderlin, £28m might work. Also, Ross Barkley is the one they should be chasing, you'd think that Moyes knew that, then again he ignored him and sent him on loan...

Meanwhile, we sign Cissokho on loan, for free. Silly Mancs.

Moyes being a hypocritical cunt:

A statement from Alan Myers, Everton's new director of communications, on the club's website said: "Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

"The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez's preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway."

He's perfect for United. I wonder how much the bitters like him now.

Cabaye isn't what Arsenal need. They need a striker (two arguably), a right back and a top class defensive midfielder. Cabaye is probably slightly better than the most overrated little Spaniard we know, but they don't have the time to be arsing about upgrading positions that are filled adequately when the arse could be about to fall out of their team.