You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

That'll be all the Bale money gone then.

Better team than with Bale? Not a chance.

Like I've said before, I dont see the fascination with Willian myself, I think he's overpriced especially when you consider that Anzhi are trying to get rid of players. £30m and they're 'desperate' to sell? Doesn't add up. If he's this good then why is it only us and Spurs in for him? No CL team seems to want to take a punt on him...

I think 30m is too high for Willian as well but its not an extreme overvaluation. I think they've spent the Bale money very well and are a better team (if you assume that Paulhino, Soldado, and Willian were only bought because Bale is leaving) overall now and much more balanced. Last year they were 1 Bale hamstring injury away from a catastrophe.

They may have overpaid for Willian but if they finalize this they have pulled well clear of Arsenal and us. Next year they can use CL money to put even more distance between us. Its a great move for them in that he improves them and it denies us a great creative player who can play both wide and centrally. We're the losers here if true and it also is a further psych blow to the team and our prestige.

.....and if Bale doesn't leave they could finish clear of United and have a shot at winning the UEFA.

Turan would surely be a great signing, probably the perfect type of balance between skill and experience for our team too. He's also got a decent beard on him at the moment, I'm sure some of you would love it.

Would be good to see ourselves and Newcastle maybe putting in a couple of "bids" for an Arsenal player today too, just on the eve of their CL match tomorrow to give them some karma. I hope Dirk scores against them.

If you took Giroud and Walcott out of that Arsenal team now what would you have? They'd probably be lucky to get into the top 10. Everyone knows they've got money too, they're probably going to have the piss taken out of them over the next couple of weeks.

FSG made £5m profit from the transfers this summer. We were outbid but Spurs, yet again. FSG have cut further the wage bill while the TV rights have doubled

The Arsenal model. Disgrace.

Not long to wait for the transfer window so you can explode with joy when we sign no one else you tedious tart.

FSG made £5m profit from the transfers this summer. We were outbid but Spurs' date=' yet again. FSG have cut further the wage bill while the TV rights have doubled

The Arsenal model. Disgrace.[/quote']

Sorry. have we travelled into the future or is the window still open?

Heh, if you think we're upset then imagine being an Arsenal fan today.

Imagine being an Everton fan later this week when Moyes takes Baines and Fellaini.

I just can't wait for our next game, I love our team and if we do add some quality to it then I'll be made up, but I don't want us to throw money at greedy bastards and I dont want us to buy a £30m for the sake of buying a £30m player, because that's how Carroll's happen.

Fuck, and I mean this, even if we buy nobody NEXT SUMMER, I'd still be excited. Just think of Ibe, Sterling, Allen, Wisdom, Rossiter, Sinclair, Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho, all a year older and a year wiser, and still not even 25 years old. Sure, we might sell Suarez but that's life, we'll be shopping in the World Cup year, nice. We won't sell Coutinho next Summer, he'll get the Suarez treatment and be made to give us another year.

Honestly, some of you forget that the chase is the best part, not the kiss itself. I love doing it this way, the organic way, rather than do what Spurs are doing, becoming a Man City lite for a couple of weeks. We're missing out on targets because they want to live in London, not Liverpool.

What's wrong with what Nightcat said there? It's all accurate.

I loved our coach/owner coming out how they did about Suarez. But they always say we can compete with any team in the world financially and we are ambitious and will spend to get CL' date=' then not do shit?[/quote']

The windows not closed that's what's up with it. Give them a chance to spend some money.

Turan would surely be a great signing, probably the perfect type of balance between skill and experience for our team too. He's also got a decent beard on him at the moment, I'm sure some of you would love it.

Would be good to see ourselves and Newcastle maybe putting in a couple of "bids" for an Arsenal player today too, just on the eve of their CL match tomorrow to give them some karma. I hope Dirk scores against them.

If you took Giroud and Walcott out of that Arsenal team now what would you have? They'd probably be lucky to get into the top 10. Everyone knows they've got money too, they're probably going to have the piss taken out of them over the next couple of weeks.

Thats it, we have officially become the bitters, covering our own arses by pointing out some random team's deficiencies, more poignant when the rando team are miles ahead of you even in their shittest hour.

Heh, if you think we're upset then imagine being an Arsenal fan today.

Imagine being an Everton fan later this week when Moyes takes Baines and Fellaini.

I just can't wait for our next game, I love our team and if we do add some quality to it then I'll be made up, but I don't want us to throw money at greedy bastards and I dont want us to buy a £30m for the sake of buying a £30m player, because that's how Carroll's happen.

Fuck, and I mean this, even if we buy nobody NEXT SUMMER, I'd still be excited. Just think of Ibe, Sterling, Allen, Wisdom, Rossiter, Sinclair, Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho, all a year older and a year wiser, and still not even 25 years old. Sure, we might sell Suarez but that's life, we'll be shopping in the World Cup year, nice. We won't sell Coutinho next Summer, he'll get the Suarez treatment and be made to give us another year.

Honestly, some of you forget that the chase is the best part, not the kiss itself. I love doing it this way, the organic way, rather than do what Spurs are doing, becoming a Man City lite for a couple of weeks. We're missing out on targets because they want to live in London, not Liverpool.

Yeah imagine the worst case scenario, ever, see its not so bad now is it?

Likewise we can happily get relegated and we would still be smitten since H and G nearly took us under, right?

Carroll = spending money for the sake of it.

I'd rather not, I'm sure the owners feel the same.

I'm also certain Rodgers feels the same, seeing as this is partially why Kenny lost his job.

It's good that we stuck to our guns and didn't over bid just to spend what ever money is available (IF it is available). Too often we've been push overs in the market since Carroll (Adam, Downing, Henderson, Allen). It's about time we played hardball.

I mean, it is shit losing out on a target, but at least we're not spending 35mil or similar, which lets face it, is about 15mil over his actual value.

The windows not closed that's what's up with it. Give them a chance to spend some money.

They had 3.5 months to spend their money.

There's now 12 days left, and our manager is quoted as saying we have to sell to buy.

It's not looking good for any "quality" additions, even though the manager said he wanted 3 or 4 this summer.

It's all been said before, but this summer was our chance. With new managers all over the league and Spurs losing Bale, we had a chance to jump up but haven't made any significant move. Adding Aspas and an unknown Alberto look nice right now and against Malaysia, but it's hardly going to convince other players to come and Suarez to stay and Coutinho to stay next summer when Milan or whoever comes in for him.

I also question who would be the next target, with Spurs already targeting Lamela.

The next thing I question is the ability of anybody within the club to close a deal in 12 days, and that's assuming we entered talks RIGHT NOW. As we've seen, we take weeks and weeks to even come close to a deal, and that's even without completing one!