You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

The other side of the coin is that it will be far easier to take over from the man who replaced Ferguson, then to directly replace Ferguson himself.  In choosing Moyes, Ferguson has potentially been quite shrewd in one respect being that, should he fail - as it is quite possible anyone would have - his replacement will take over largely the same club that Moyes did, but without quite the same monkey on his back. 

Obviously there were extenuating circumstances when it happened to us, but been thinking of an interesting coincidence.

The last time the league title was decided on goal difference with the last kick of the season, the team who lost out had dominated English football for decades.  We won it once more the following year before our legendary Scottish manager stood down, to be replaced by his inferior countryman.  We all know how our league form's been since.

Fuck, I need to get out more but I'm so desperate for them to crash.  For Moyes to be at the helm when it happened would be a cracking bonus.  A constipated, bitter, ginger bonus.

• Upvote 1

I can't see why the United fans would want Moyes.

I honestly do not think they do, they are putting a brave face on it but no way would he have been the fans favorite.

Fergie just showing them how good he was and getting Gollum on board.

One thing always amazed me about the united fans they really never gave him the adulation he deserved, or did I miss it.  I cannot have been that blind.

There's no doubt about it - he is their Hodgson. I just hope he stays there long enough to do some real damage.

He is and it's very entertaining. Spoke to two mancs today, complete denial, expectations rapidly downgraded, lots of referencing Ferguson's first six years and Moyes having to turn the club around. Apparently Ferguson now left behind a club in crisis?

Just watching monday night football and Neville is convinced Moyes will be given time, he mentioned 3 or 4 years to learn the ropes, he's usually a good pundit is ratboy but there is no way he'll stay in charge if they struggle to make the top 4.

Sounds about right to me, I'd suggest that Moyes 'must' be given at least 3 to 4 years.

I honestly do not think they do, they are putting a brave face on it but no way would he have been the fans favorite.

Fergie just showing them how good he was and getting Gollum on board.

One thing always amazed me about the united fans they really never gave him the adulation he deserved, or did I miss it.  I cannot have been that blind.

I've noticed that too. even in recent years, after suffering a couple of losses on the trot you'd see 'Get Ferguson out' posts and campaigns on various social media sites and forums.

It's odd, but I think the average Liverpool fan has more respect (albeit begrudging) for his achievements than many Mancs. The fact that, these days, a common defence of Moyes among their number is that he was in the same situation as Ferguson when he took over tells me how little they know or understand about the state of their club in 1986 compared to now, and the extent to what Ferguson did to change things.

• Upvote 1

Dont they play straight shit for about the next two months?

They'll still pick up plenty of points

next 4 at least are ones they'll be looking at winning but then so would West Brom at home so who knows, I can see them losing at Shakthar which would put them under huge pressure at the weekend

I think there is a few things happening as to why there fucking up.One is he isn't use to having a squad that size with players needing to play. Another is how to rotate the players in a way they get playing time . 

With the bitters he had a small squad in which he didn't rotate to much. He also had basically the same players for years who knew him. That meant he could motivate them fairly easily.

At united I don't think he has done anything yet with motivating them , he seems to be just drifting there through the games without putting any plans down. I also thing a lot of the players arnt putting as much in as they did under ginsoak.

Until he gets his head out the clouds and lays down the law there , he has problems.

Perhaps the appointment of Moyes came with the expectations lowered to the extent of maybe not winning the league this year as players adjust etc. However, were they to miss out on CL places altogether (and this season looks like being tight for that) then the goalposts would change dramatically.

Their lack of substantial income from that competition besides losing the involvement in it making them less of an attractive club to players up for a move to England, would be a double blow. Add to that the potential for players wanting out, the pressure on Moyes to be sacked, etc (which I believe would come were he not to at least qualify for CL places).

Van Persie's recent injury has left them light up front, even factoring in Rooney's good work from dead ball situations this season. Remember RVP was a fucking crock up until a couple of seasons ago. A return to those days of him in the stands all suited up wouldn't go amiss.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the appointment of Moyes came with the expectations lowered to the extent of maybe not winning the league this year as players adjust etc. However, were they to miss out on CL places altogether (and this season looks like being tight for that) then the goalposts would change dramatically.

Their lack of substantial income from that competition besides losing the involvement in it making them less of an attractive club to players up for a move to England, would be a double blow. Add to that the potential for players wanting out, the pressure on Moyes to be sacked, etc (which I believe would come were he not to at least qualify for CL places).

Van Persie's recent injury has left them light up front, even factoring in Rooney's good work from dead ball situations this season. Remember RVP was a fucking crock up until a couple of seasons ago. A return to those days of him in the stands all suited up wouldn't go amiss.

Wonderful, isn't it!