You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.

Feel sorry for a team whose manager had every premier league referee and the FA in his pocket for 20 years?

Feel sorry for a team who have titles based on this corruption?

Feel sorry for a team whose players danced around singing we won it three times without killing anyone after a European Final?

Feel sorry for a team whose fans constantly mock Hillsborough?

Almost?

NEVER.

Fuck them hard and fuck them dry.

CUNTS.

• Upvote 3

To play devil's advocate momentarily, I'd point out that of the identical fixtures that we and United have played, they're actually doing better - 10 points out of 12 versus 7/12.

Swansea A (United won, we drew)

Palace H (United won, we won)

Southampton H (United drew, we lost)

Sunderland A (United won, we won)

Feel sorry for a team whose manager had every premier league referee and the FA in his pocket for 20 years?

Feel sorry for a team who have titles based on this corruption?

Feel sorry for a team whose players danced around singing we won it three times without killing anyone after a European Final?

Feel sorry for a team whose fans constantly mock Hillsborough?

Almost?

NEVER.

Fuck them hard and fuck them dry.

CUNTS.

All valid points, ones that I agree with even.

Still I can't help but think back to how I felt when the owl was our manager, watching him play down expectations we'd come to enjoy and then thinking they're going through the same exact thing. To be fair our club got rid damn near as soon as the new owners were in place, but it's a very similar situation.

• Upvote 1

To play devil's advocate momentarily, I'd point out that of the identical fixtures that we and United have played, they're actually doing better - 10 points out of 12 versus 7/12.Swansea A (United won, we drew)Palace H (United won, we won)Southampton H (United drew, we lost)Sunderland A (United won, we won)

That's true....but the one that mattered ...

Liverpool 1 Utd 0

• Upvote 1

But they won't be the same player in a Liverpool shirt, you can bet your arse on it.

It's no surprise to see another little club get a good result against a bigger club after a two week international break.  Lots of Southampton's key players like Lallana, Fonte, Scheiderlin, Rodriquez, Shaw were able to stay and prepare for the game, and Im not sure about Wanyama and a few others as well.

According to Manc forums these belters are being put up around Old Trafford. Cue Tammy Wynette....

Ferguson-Moyes.jpg

That image just sums Ferguson up, I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested the design. Imagine Shanks of Paisley pulling shit like that? The whole thing was one giant vanity project for the daft old cunt, nothing more.

That image just sums Ferguson up, I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested the design. Imagine Shanks of Paisley pulling shit like that? The whole thing was one giant vanity project for the daft old cunt, nothing more.

Just love it though, Fergusons presence is firmly still there, I would have been more concerned if they'd moved on quickly as they should and in particular if Ferguson had adopted a low profile to give the new man a chance of establishing himself.

I hope his lap of honour continues for several seasons...documentaries, autobiographies, street naming, appearances on matchday, posters etc

They are actively repeating the same mistakes post Busby.

• Upvote 1

The sceptre of Whiskeynose will haunt the stands of OT for some time to come irrespective of where he physically is.

Man U have been an ordinary team managed byan extraordinary manager for a couple of years now.

What this does do is offer us opportunity, as any slide by Man u will be relative .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Didn't Ferguson always say he would leave a great team for whoever his successor was? Apart from a few players that is probably the worst team they've had since he took over.

Agreed, he saw the writing on the wall. Last season was a monumental achievement but he knew he couldn't keep it up against clubs as well funded and well armed as you've got now. They got a taste of their own medicine. In the past if they ever lost the league they'd go out and blow 30 million, now if you beat Chelsea or citeh to the title they'll go out and blow 60 - there's only so long you can compete with that.

• Upvote 1

its funny reading/hearing some manc reactions. its nice to see their fan base so split about their manager.

there are those who are calling other fans cunts and gloryhunters for wanting moyes out 8 games into the season and they genuinely believe moyes will turn things around ..after all, ferguson hand picked him.

then the ones, who know moyes will be a failure but cant seem accept it and are desperately hoping that the first group are right.

and the rest who've already made up their mind and want moyes out no matter what and are pointing out flaws in his approach whenever they can.

there is a thread in redcafe about whether ferguson will come back in january

its funny reading/hearing some manc reactions. its nice to see their fan base so split about their manager.

there are those who are calling other fans cunts and gloryhunters for wanting moyes out 8 games into the season and they genuinely believe moyes will turn things around ..after all, ferguson hand picked him.

then the ones, who know moyes will be a failure but cant seem accept it and are desperately hoping that the first group are right.

and the rest who've already made up their mind and want moyes out no matter what and are pointing out flaws in his approach whenever they can.

there is a thread in redcafe about whether ferguson will come back in january

I can't work out which group is funnier to be honest, the ones in denial or acceptance

Admittedly, United's current position is very amusing, but some on here seem over obsessed with them. Personally, I'd rather just concentrate on L.F.C.

Ah, the mature approach. I've considered this, but have rejected in favour of enjoying seeing those cunts suffer a run of mediocre results under a cunt of a manager.

You carry on though, Buzz Killington.

• Upvote 6

Hopefully Ferguson having taken a while to get it right means the United board keep faith, if nothing else just to be self-righteous about how "this club does things the right way".

In Ferguson's era not finishing in the top 4 didn't prompt the double whammy of your own best players wanting out and other team's being disinclined to come to you.

Obviously Moyes will already be influencing the latter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/kevin-garside-ferguson-opens-up-to-a-journalist--surely-theresa-book-in-that-8892984.html

Thrilled to read an interview with Sir Alex Ferguson in an English newspaper at the weekend. Maybe the new hip has increased mobility in a media setting. Or maybe he has a book to publicise. Oh yes, that will be it. Out this week in fact. Funny how business has a way of changing attitudes towards a body of men and women to whom Fergie would gladly have sold a virus.

This mighty tome covers the last great period of his time as manager of Manchester United, and endlessly fascinating it promises to be. A lot of it will be fresh since for the most part he could not be dragged to a post-match conference at gunpoint to account for his thinking when he was cracking the Old Trafford whip. Snippets for MUTV and a weekly pre-match briefing, which he gave reluctantly, do not balance the scales. Moreover the anti-media position corrupted the entire staff so that after a defeat at Fulham or a draw at Birmingham, for example, there would be zip from any United employee.

In this period of uncritical love for Ferguson it is odd how little commentary there is among members of the fourth estate on past disdain. I wonder if media management forms any part of his brainstorming sessions at Harvard Business School, one of the more interesting relationships being cultivated in retirement. So, Sir Alex, what would you advise we do in delivering a media strategy for our business? Cultivate personal relationships? Ensure an open line of communication with relevant figures? Take individuals out to dinner? Smile more? Sir Alex? Are you still there, Sir Alex? Come back!

The power was and clearly still is with the guv’nor from Govan. It was his understanding of power that served him so well at United, underpinning his authority and longevity. Ferguson managed in a period that saw the most radical change in communications since the invention of the Caxton press. If he understood the 24/7 demand of the digital age, he refused to accept it. He didn’t have to. So huge is the United brand, so great the demand for all things red, the deportment of the manager is irrelevant as long as the team is winning. And Fergie was brilliant at that. There is no need to project, on behalf of sponsors and “partners” who pour money into the United vault for the privilege of association, when the goals are going in.  

I know many of you will be choking on your muesli at the thought of an indignant press in the matter of relations with football managers after the “monkeygate” episode that engulfed Roy Hodgson last week. Personally, if I were Roy, I would have been more upset at the cartoon depiction of myself as an airline pilot taking the nation on a summer carnival to Brazil via “Royanair”. This kind of soft lampooning is tongue-in-cheek, of course, and clever, drawing on Hodgson’s revelations that he might have been a travel agent in another life, but it is lampooning nonetheless and in poor taste, given past indiscretions involving speech impediments.

However late Ferguson’s sympathy for the devil was to develop, we should be thankful that he has at last seen the light, and that he wants to enlighten us with a deeper insight into his indubitably brilliant management of one of the world’s marquee football clubs. If only he had come to understand earlier that there is nothing to fear in open dialogue. The iron control that he imposed by not engaging during the period that we are about to consume in his second autobiography is for the old Soviet Union.

I have to be careful here. Only twice in more than 20 years in newspapers have I received letters from a subject in sport, both from Fergie. The second balanced the other in that its tone was one of support for a position taken about Rafa Benitez over an incident during his time at Liverpool. It follows that the first was of the damning variety, the equivalent of the Beckham boot. He took exception to a number of observations, most vehemently against the suggestion that he had Soviet or, more precisely, Stalinist tendencies.

It was a purple riff too far and he was right to be offended. Stalin was a monster responsible for the deaths of millions and the corruption of a philosophical position ascribed to Karl Marx that still has resonance in today’s political arena thanks to the editor of one Fleet Street title. Fergie was just a controlling bastard to members of the press, whose job it was to report on the institution he governed. Yet here he is using the very same media platform he found so distasteful to promote a book that hardly needs the hard sell.

I feel the hat-trick letter coming on...