You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Dunno where else to rant about this but I'm fucking sick of this Januzaj kid already. He looks good and all, but it seems the sports writers are fucking desperate for the next Great Manc Hope to emerge and they're filling columns and columns of saccharine to hype him into the hottest prospect in Europe. Fuck off.

I hope if he stays there he is just Macheda all over again, fucking hilarious that they all thought he was Messi/Ronaldo/Zidane mixed into one after one game

He's out of contract in the summer someone was telling me and citeh are looking at him, that'd be fucking hilarious.

Haha. Can't wait for another giant "Welcome to Manchester" poster - that would be fucking hilarious!

Moyes would be out of a job by now if it wasn't for Januzaj.

Gollum has this superb ability to take brilliant strikers and turn them to shit, so long may it continue. As for the mass wanking in the press over Januzaj - I can't help but think Federico Macheda (remember him).

Gollum has this superb ability to take above average strikers and turn them to shit, so long may it continue. As for the mass wanking in the press over Januzaj - I can't help but think Federico Macheda (remember him).

Fixed that for you.

Even if Moyes was the next Rinus Michels he'd still be a several steps down from Ferguson for the simple fact that Ferguson wasn't just a manager he was the Emperor of an empire, the last remnant of the old game and no replacement, regardless of how good they are, will ever be able to grip the English game the way he did.

This is the thing about Ferguson, you're not really talking about whether or not someone is a better coach than him, you're asking whether any manager can possibly handle that many egos, a fractious and spoiled fan base, a board and owners who are used to success, the unrivalled level of scrutiny from the media, while also being backed by the rank and file of 'British' managers at all levels, the LMA, the FA, the Fleet Street media and all the rest of that shite - and the simple answer will always be no.

They may very well win the league again, but they're now just one of a few clubs which can and may, but their era of total dominance over the English game on and off the pitch is over.

• Upvote 4

quite frankly i won't be laughing at Moyes.  far far too early to be making obsurd judgements about their season & his potential reign

you might as well have fun while you can!

Either they stay shit and it gets even funnier or they come good and you've missed the only chance to laugh at them over a decent period for the last 25 years

as it is I can't see him ever being considered anything more than alright at best for them and in fact think he'll continue to be a joke figure, unfortunately I don't see him lasting long

Even if Moyes was the next Rinus Michels he'd still be a several steps down from Ferguson for the simple fact that Ferguson wasn't just a manager he was the Emperor of an empire, the last remnant of the old game and no replacement, regardless of how good they are, will ever be able to grip the English game the way he did.

This is the thing about Ferguson, you're not really talking about whether or not someone is a better coach than him, you're asking whether any manager can possibly handle that many egos, a fractious and spoiled fan base, a board and owners who are used to success, the unrivalled level of scrutiny from the media, while also being backed by the rank and file of 'British' managers at all levels, the LMA, the FA, the Fleet Street media and all the rest of that shite - and the simple answer will always be no.

They may very well win the league again, but they're now just one of a few clubs which can and may, but their era of total dominance over the English game on and off the pitch is over.

Agree with every word of that.  I would just add the Professional Game Match Officials Board, the referees' group, to your list of minions in thrall to his power.

Moyes doesn't enjoy anything like that reach, and on a more level playing field deficiencies that have been previously masked are there for all to see - they're not a very good team when they're mortalised.

I see Hernandez in the press today saying he may have to leave if he doesn't get a regular starting spot.

I always thought this was going to be one of Moyes' hardest tasks: keeping the fringe players happy. It's been a very big factor at United during Ferguson's era, and it's not something Moyes has really ever had to, and to be fair to the old cunt, Ferguson was brilliant at.

The likes of Solsjkaer, Phil Neville, Wes Brown even John O'Shea played key roles down the years for them over the years, despite being varying degrees of shite. But those are the players that can often be the difference when it comes down to it, and not once did you here them bleating in the press about it. They just got on with it, happy to sit there on the bench until called upon.

It was Fergie who decided when they left, not the players themselves, invariably to a Steve Bruce team for way inflated fees.

Already in his short tenure, Moyes has had Kagawa and now Hernandez whinging about not playing, not something I ever really recall happening at all over Fergies tenure.

Testing times ahead. Hopefully.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1