You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

I've recently (July 26th -3rd Aug) came back from Munich and also went last year. It's ace, average temperature 34C great food and traditional bier kellers and if you want more traditional try Kennedys Irish Bar at top of Sendlinger Tor or Killans Irish/Aussie bar near Marienaplatz (stupid clock thing!). I recommend ordering a 'Helle Mas' (1.5 litre of German beer). You'll enjoy it.
Are you taking the piss?

Weddings depend on whether its yours or not.

If its yours they are shit but if its somebody elses they are a bit less shit.

Registry office and a few bevvies is all it should be and any real money should be spent on important things like house,car,holiday and so on. The modern style of competing to spend as much as you can and then getting divorced within a few years is ridiculous.

No, I meant more traditional british type of bars. Narky arse!
Why would anyone want to go to British style bars if they are in Germany! And are you sure they aren't actually more Asutralian and Irish style?

Haha I'll stop being a dick now.

Why would anyone want to go to British style bars if they are in Germany! And are you sure they aren't actually more Asutralian and Irish style?

Haha I'll stop being a dick now.

One of the small negatives about visiting German IMO is that 99% of restaurants (especially in Bavaria) are almost identical in the types of beer and food served. Although I love the German food/drink I also love to finish off with a Guiness which is impossible to order in the older bier kellers.

• 1 year later...

I have the dubious luck of always being invited to weddings of people I don't like, I must be really two faced if they can't tell I hate them. I've become expert at swerving them, and stag do's too. "Let's go to Bratislava with my third cousin who likes getting in scraps with bouncers". Nah, let's not.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to an old school friend's Silver Wedding anniversary do tomorrow night. The same weekend my Mum's taking Miss Champ to London overnight. Oh, why didnt I take a note of the date when she booked it and we could have arranged to go away and I'd have had the perfect excuse to swerve it????

And another thing thats pissing me off, they're not short of money but there was nothing on the invite to say no presents or suggest a charitable donation in lieu, which is quite common, so that'll be 25 bottles of Champagne then, I suppose

I'm going to an old school friend's Silver Wedding anniversary do tomorrow night. The same weekend my Mum's taking Miss Champ to London overnight. Oh, why didnt I take a note of the date when she booked it and we could have arranged to go away and I'd have had the perfect excuse to swerve it????

And another thing thats pissing me off, they're not short of money but there was nothing on the invite to say no presents or suggest a charitable donation in lieu, which is quite common, so that'll be 25 bottles of Champagne then, I suppose

Common practice is to buy presents for wedding anniversary shindigs? Not so sure about that. It's a dubious enough tradition at the actual wedding itself. If you can afford to spend £17k on a wedding, you can afford to buy your own set of steak knives.

I like the all day drinking part of it but unless its someone I really care a out I dread the ceremony and meal after. I just want to talk to people I vaguely know about how shit their sports team is while casually blimping all the cleavage that totters past where i'm stood.

The worst weddings are when you have to go as a guest of your partner. I'll never forget nearly bursting into tears in a church in Denmead that some workmate of my ex bird who i'd never even met before was getting married. I'd had two pints in the pub before-hand and was fucking dying for a piss. Felt dribble and everything and had a charcoal grey suit on. Fuck that again