You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

Anyone who gets married needs their fucking head testing.

My mate is getting married and when quizzed on why he is doing it he falls to pieces. His argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

He believes it will be done his way so God help him when the women start sticking their fucking noses in.

The reason he's getting married is to keep her quiet. Or so he thinks.

He's a fucking lot to learn.

My mums wedding was a nightmare.

I'd only been with the bird for 6 months, my ex was also invited so that really went down well. We all were dressed up like bloody penguins and his side of the family are boring as fuck.

My brother and I had to be on best behaviour or me mam would have disowned the pair of us and we were put on seperate tables in opposite corners of the room to keep us apart.

We both promised her we wouldn't get pissed, so waited until about half nine before speeding up. My mam and twatface left at 11 but the bar was open to half one. A few drinks and a bit of chat and the barmaids said they'd keep the bar open as long as we wanted. We took the birds up to our rooms about 3, put them to bed and were found at 6 in the morning playing cricket bollock naked with empty bottles of champange everywhere.

We then had to go and have breakfast with everyone asking us if we'd had a good time.

You did nail them first didnt you?

All over for me now.

I didn't drink until after the meal' date=' which is just as well because my twat of a missus got paralytic and I don't trust her to look after my son if he wakes in the middle of the night.

She's fucking fucked. She owes me a day of my life back.[/quote']

Punch her in the cunt.

I'd actually go for the tackiest wedding you can get in Vegas with a pissed up, coked up fat Elvis doing it.

We had the thin, pre porker era Elvis marry us in Vegas. Us 2, 2 witnesses and Elvis on an industrial estate outside Vegas, and it was bloody brilliant. Nice hotel, white stretch limo all that. And we had a great time in Vegas.

Best wedding I've ever been to was in a hired marquee in a farmers field. Everyone was dressed smart but relaxed, there were two dogs wandering around at the wedding and the 'do' was a hog roast, BBQ's, a piss up and every one camped there.

There was less than 40 of us there.

Sounds fucking ace

I went to an Indian wedding a few years ago in Birmingham. The actual daytime function was at Aston Villas function room. The food, the music, the finery that the women wore it was all absolutely briliant, Then after we had ate ourselves and drunk ourselves daft at the grooms fathers expense he took us down to his local in Solihull in a fleet of cabs for more ale in his local. An utterly brilliant experience of colour, tastes, sounds and getting completely slaughtered.

Obviously just got married and thought mine was ace, it was nothing that I would have had, cause I would have had bouncy castles and the blow up gladiator style things, and then poker tables and roulette ect in the eve but this worked out alone for entertainment over 10K.

Everythging we had was a wedding gift for us, ie her mum's best friend was a florist so she kept cost down and bought the flowers, her dad is actually in a wedding band so the played 2, 90 min sets for free.

We had a pick and mix table at the wedding which fucking rocked too.

Fuck all this modern day bollocks, I didn't drink either.

Its my first wedding anniversary on Tuesday, we got married in a tiny village in the Cotswolds (Upper Slaughter - make your own jokes up) and then onto a hotel for beer food and music. Only 100 people, mainly friends and some close family. Best day of my life.

The missus is now 4 months pregnant and it's all change for me.

Its my first wedding anniversary on Tuesday, we got married in a tiny village in the Cotswolds (Upper Slaughter - make your own jokes up) and then onto a hotel for beer food and music. Only 100 people, mainly friends and some close family. Best day of my life.

Yeah we only had about 50 to the ceremony- immediate family only ,d then had about 150 in tge eevening,

Congrats by the way. Will rep when can

Yeah we only had about 50 to the ceremony- immediate family only ,d then had about 150 in tge eevening,

Congrats by the way. Will rep when can

Cheers mate, you too.

We didn't have more to the evening a we thought it a bit unfair to ask people to drive nearly 3 hours and have to pay to stay over. It also had the added bonus of pissing of some relatives who I didnt like anyway and know they aren't speaking to me. Result!

Did you find it weird seeing your people together who normally wouldn't meet?

My mate's at a wedding now. He doesn't know anyone as its his birds mates wedding and he's driving so he's not drinking either. He's described his night as 'woeful' so I'm texting him pictures of world beers I'm drinking while watching the boxing.

I didn't tell you I was going to a wedding. Are you stalking me?

Was your mate at The Crowne Plaza?

FG, didn't you say you were renting a house, yet you spend such a large amount on a day out?

Yeah we rent, as we cannot afford to buy a house. The wedding itself most probably only cost us 1K over two years.

We had lots gifts from people, ie my parents and the wedding reception, her dads wedding band, flowers from her mums best friend, her mum bought her dress which was £120. You know what I mean.

I wanted the stuff above but would never spend that money on just a day.

Boring. As. fuck

Drinking all day under those circumstances doesn't make it any more enjoyable.

Pompous cunts, ' come and waste an entire day of your weekend in a bastard suit, surrounded by someone else's gopping aunties, and over-confident women lagged in shit flowing dresses and make up.'

Friends of the missus, not mine. :wallbutt::telloff:

How can you hate an Indian wedding? 3 days of getting wankered and they bring the kebabs to you! Only thing missing is the ugly bird at end of the night and it'd be a cracking Saturday night out.

Hmmm. I dunno about this. I've been to 15 or so (family and friends) and they're almost always good fun, as long as you have lots of mates around and drink/drugs...

Mine was fucking boss, and cost us (well, us and various parents) about £8K, with another £7K for the honeymoon.

But I'm not sure I want to go to many more. I've all weddinged-out. Some have been much better than others, but I find the slightly less traditional ones a lot more enjoyable.

Guest ShoePiss

Weddings are a mixed bag for me, there's been a few that have been offensively long as far as ceremonies and speeches go. An Assyrian one which went on so long I was starting to believe it was a wind up, it might not have helped that none of it was in English but fucking hell, the church part went on for over 2 hours in a none air conditioned church in the San Joaquin Valley in May. Generally though they're alright, decent food and open bars is ok in my book.

I had my wedding last month in Mexico, 30 odd guests came too. Some stayed for the weekend and others for a week or more. A destination wedding is the way to go, especially one at a top class all inclusive resort. Apart from the paradise setting it's just really easy to deal with and everyone gets to have a great time plus it keeps the numbers down, I felt pretty strongly about not wanting to put on a big party for loads of people I hardly ever mix with.

Congratulations to you and the missus mate. I know Upper Slaughter well. I used to live in Lower Brailes.

How is she mate? We haven't spoken for what must be four months or so.