You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

Friends' weddings are great, a lot of booze, positivity all around and plenty of opportunity for good conversation with people you'll never see again. Great nights.

Family weddings are good, but like a night out without your mates around.

Plus, free food!

Got an invite yesterday to my cousins lesbian wedding in the summer.

I've said I'm only going if I can chose the wedding present.

My brother went to one a few years ago as the girl he was seeing was friendly with both of them. Both were fat, ugly, very manly, had short hair and wore pinstripe suits. Both walked up to the registrar together with no one giving them away, they wrote some of their own vows and the ceremony lasted about fifteen minutes. There was about 20 people there, mainly lesbians and fag hags then they all went back to a pub in Crosby that they both worked in for one of those 2 for 5 quid meals. They went the lake district for their honeymoon.

Got an invite yesterday to my cousins lesbian wedding in the summer.

I've said I'm only going if I can chose the wedding present.

Its a double ended dildo isn't it?

Will they both wear a wedding dress?

I imagine as one of the pair will, in all likelyhood, be more of a man, than most men - that might look decidedly dodgy

I've no idea. 2 dresses? 2 of them in suits? 2 brides being given away?

It has the potential to be amazing, for all the wrong reasons.

When i imagine a lesbian wedding, i just picture 2 butch women - 1 with short spiky hair, the other half her head shaved with a blond fringe sweeping over her eyes. Various naff tattoo's. The vow's will be exchanged infront of a pool table, both bride's wearing dungarees. The toast will be with pints of bitter, not champagne. After dinner speeches just slate men from start to finish.

Your gonna have to let me know how much of this happens.

Its a double ended dildo isn't it?

I imagine as one of the pair will, in all likelyhood, be more of a man, than most men - that might look decidedly dodgy

When i imagine a lesbian wedding, i just picture 2 butch women - 1 with short spiky hair, the other half her head shaved with a blond fringe sweeping over her eyes. Various naff tattoo's. The vow's will be exchanged infront of a pool table, both bride's wearing dungarees. The toast will be with pints of bitter, not champagne. After dinner speeches just slate men from start to finish.

Your gonna have to let me know how much of this happens.

Got to be hasn't it.

Neither of them are the butch, cropped hair dyke, they're both just very plain, bland women a bloke would never want to fuck.

Good mate of mine got married a couple of weeks ago and his wedding was decent. Nice village church, reception at our local. None of it particularly well organised, casual atmosphere, speeches suitably shit. Went round his last night and the photos were fucking hilarious. Couple of nice ones, thankfully, of just him and wife. But loads were absolutely terrible.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Used to work at them (the video man) and I hated them,free bar with folk ripping the piss with quadruple this that and the other,backstabbing from so called friends,shit over priced food,photographer bullying the bride to create photographs to sell,its all an overpriced waste of time I mean the video was anything up to 1200 notes! Anyone with any sense would go to Caribbean and do it all there!

Neither of them are the butch, cropped hair dyke, they're both just very plain, bland women a bloke would never want to fuck.

Why am I worrying about being pc on here...but why does so many gay couples seem to look like one another?

Used to work at them (the video man) and I hated them' date='free bar with folk ripping the piss with quadruple this that and the other,backstabbing from so called friends,shit over priced food,photographer bullying the bride to create photographs to sell,its all an overpriced waste of time I mean the video was anything up to 1200 notes! Anyone with any sense would go to Caribbean and do it all there![/quote']

This man knows.

There is nothing better than crashing an Indian wedding. We've done it about three times in the last year.

Basically, there are so many people there nobody notices you. You don't know anybody so you don't mind getting absolutely bladdered. Lots of women, none forbidden. Great food.

*rubs hands and awaits wedding season*

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Agree Frencheyeglass a pal used to do a similar thing at funerals in Glasgow 'friend of Willy 's '! But on the subject of gifts what anoys me is the request 'we've got everything so can we have cash '!! Cheeky that I mean say you are skint? A nice tasteful thoughtful ornament for example nicely wrapped shows feeling,15 quid in a card shows skintness! Very very cheeky that request,be grateful for what you are givn!

I love a good, fun wedding but I'll tell you what rustles my jimmies:

People who insist on having an engagement party. It's just a blag excuse to have a piss up and get presents then in another 12 months time get married and get more presents/cash.

People who insist on an extravagant wedding and let everyone know how much it cost. "The catering was £40 a head, the room was £3k, the Orchestra was £500 and the harpist was £700...but we don't want to seem like we're showing off" It's like the episode of Curb when Ted Danson was going around telling everyone he was the anonymous donor to a children's hospital. Way to sap the class out of it.

On the same theme people who insist on having an extravagant wedding but complain about the cost, if you can't afford a big wedding either downsize or put it off until you can afford your dream wedding. Why compromise?

Church Weddings also annoy me, I'm all for celebrating your union to man and wife /man and man/butch and bitch but I hate singing hymns and I am skeptical about you keeping your promise to god to uphold his religious values.

Best wedding I ever went to was my uncles in London about 14 years ago. It was a registry office affair and he hired out a room in a small restaurant for 50 people and the key was the free bar. Everyone had a blast, someone was literally carried out and someone shat themselves in the corner. It's still talked about today as the best wedding in our Family history. The same year another uncle married and did the whole church, formal, champagne fountain the works...it was shit and a completely waste of a day for all concerned.

• Upvote 1

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Elaborate stag do's too......Ibiza...Vegas...Magaluf...

a) how do they afford it?

b) do they really like the groom "that much" (i have nobody i like that much to be spending that kind of dollar on)

c) They are not funny (at the airport/on the plane etc)

Grumpily yours...slim!

• 5 months later...