You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

3 grand? Fucking hell were you in the drifters or something?

We had a good manager & loads of rich people wanted us playing at their Wedding.

To be fair we had to split it between 9 of us after transport & all that sort of stuff & three grand was the most we ever got.

We had a good manager & loads of rich people wanted us playing at their Wedding.

To be fair we had to split it between 9 of us after transport & all that sort of stuff & three grand was the most we ever got.

Rubbish. I bet you are one half of the proclaimers

3 grand? Fucking hell were you in the drifters or something?

weddings pay well mate - pubs pay next to nothing, but it's always worth doing private parties and the odd function.

Did you have an enormous frilly shirt Mook?  I couldn't ever go down the function band route.  I'm too rock'n'roll.  Having said that I'm depping in a function band on New Year's Eve in the Grand in Eastbourne.  

weddings pay well mate - pubs pay next to nothing, but it's always worth doing private parties and the odd function.

Did you have an enormous frilly shirt Mook?  I couldn't ever go down the function band route.  I'm too rock'n'roll.  Having said that I'm depping in a function band on New Year's Eve in the Grand in Eastbourne.  

We just wore old looking suits & ties. I used to say that about playing Weddings but I got sick of playing drums for years on end & having no money to show for it. To be fair we were playing 100% old Motown stuff, which I love anyway so it wasn't like we were doing Angels & shite like that.

We just wore old looking suits & ties. I used to say that about playing Weddings but I got sick of playing drums for years on end & having no money to show for it. To be fair we were playing 100% old Motown stuff, which I love anyway so it wasn't like we were doing Angels & shite like that.

I love the old Motown stuff.  My band are doing a bit of Motown, as is this band I'm depping for.    

Fortunately, due to cutting it with baking soda, blow is now available all across the wealth spectrum.

People talking everywhere.

You're kidding me, poor people taking charlie?

What next? We'll be getting the vote.

This country has gone to the dogs.

And that.

Me and a few mates were talking about weddings over the weekend, one piss takingly pipes up if Sherry ever gets married again it'll be in the middle of a field with everyone camping. She wasn't expecting me to come out with that i'd want everyone wearing wellies too. A wedding should be about the ceremony and the couples relationship, not how lavish it can be.

A rule of thumb i've noted isn't about how much the wedding has cost but the number of guests present, the fewer the better.

Ha, I hadn't even met Mr Melons then, poor bastard, if only he knew! I failed on the number of guests, but we did have loads of kids there.

We got married on a camp site, by the side of the river and had the reception in a marquee a little further up the field, there was no disco, no band - but we did have an ace cake, space hoppers and bubbles, lots of bubbles! Oh and SKI was my maid of honour, what more could you ask for? 

www.dropbox.com/sc/gp5kvpq6qtmcq9y/AAAirOsof6hMFq-cOepeKRNXa

Can't seem to get the cake picture to reduce in size. And yes, by the end of the night the feet had been re-positioned.

Edit, no idea where the picture of the bubbles went.