You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No decision on ground

WaltonRed

Guest ShoePiss
As long as they make the right decision in the end I don't care how long it takes.

I know you mean within reason, I agree. We can't afford to get this wrong, I get the feeling everything they're doing is measured and well thought out. Stark contrast to the two cowboys steaming in with new plans right off the bat.

Time is important here though, as much as we're trying to make up the deficit on the other teams via new commercial enterprises we can't get level with them until we have a larger stadium and the revenue it brings us, each passing year without means we're playing catch up. FFP will compound this problem.

I'm hoping that we have a solid plan in place by the end of this year with work to commence in 2012 either way.

It is indeed a fine balance but this is massive and if they can land a big naming rights deal, a new ground it will be.

I thought it was nailed on to stay were we are but having second thoughts now, it comes down to the above.

Planning permission on the Hicks folly runs out soon, but I am assuming they won't build that anyway.

That I take as granted.

We all want an answer but better to wait and go the right way. I personally am well pleased they are taking their time over this and going to come up with the right decision.

A big call takes time.

I don't have a problem with them taking their time and evaluating all options but it's been 8 months or so?!

And the Season Ticket project is still in it's first phase. This is obviously going to be a major factor in any decision I think.

This is the sort of work those 2 cowboys should have been doing years ago. And Hicks and Gillette too.

And the Season Ticket project is still in it's first phase. This is obviously going to be a major factor in any decision I think.

This is the sort of work those 2 cowboys should have been doing years ago. And Hicks and Gillette too.

That's a good point.

Guest ShoePiss

Naming rights will be the major factor in staying or building a new stadium.

Seriously though, they should explore things thoroughly. Naming rights, capacity needed, transport implications, public money to help... There's a lot to look into, so I'm not bothered we haven't heard anything yet. If we go another 12 months without a solid plan then there may be cause for concern.

Guest ShoePiss
I wouldn't be surprised if a new stadium was being designed, and they'll wait to announce it.

If that is the case I'm surprised we haven't heard which firm(s) are involved.