You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Didn't a couple of players end up arriving during the "ban" due to the way they were bought (I think Pulisic was one of them)? So, he had to go one window without buying - on top of all the expensive players that were there already?

1 hour ago, Beno said:

I'll be honest, if Everton had got a City type investor they would have blown what City have become out the water. There is still massive potential there, just lets hope it never comes out. 

Im not sure I agree with that to be honest. They have spent decades going on about being a local club pushing away any outside interest to the point where they struggle to attract legitimate sponsorship. Most people outside of England dont even know where Everton is. So their fan pull is limited.

When City we’re bought they at least had the name Manchester so they were able to dupe robinho into joining and people forget but under their Thai owner they we’re splashing the cash before the oil money came in and we’re gifted a new stadium. They had Sven as their manager and bought in a few players like elano not world beaters but they had become well known. At the time Everton we’re scratching around the championship for signings and had to get the council to buy and lease them back their training ground I think so they would have had a much worse starting position.

if they got a city type investor now they would have to spend a fortune on their squad, stadium and hope they didn’t get relegated. So not sure they would blow city out of the water.

also it’s Everton they would have found a way to fuck it up.

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Didn't a couple of players end up arriving during the "ban" due to the way they were bought (I think Pulisic was one of them)? So, he had to go one window without buying - on top of all the expensive players that were there already?

He just had these 27 kids to pick from. Poor Frank.

Kepa
Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Alonso
Kovacic Jorginho Kante
Mount Giroud Pulisic

Caballero
James Tomori Zouma Emerson
Loftus-Cheek Barkley
Pedro Abraham Hudson-Odoi

William Batshuayi Gilmour 

Dear Everton Fans,

I have been a Liverpool supporter since I drew my first breath and I have been following my team home and abroad for 49 years now.

I have been involved in plenty of banter with your side of the Park and there have been some great days for both clubs during this period. 

We have shared some momentous occasions and who could forget the day the whole of Wembley sung “ Merseyside “ 

We have also both shared the most enormous of grief together and I have never been so proud of the city as when we stood together proudly through those dark days. 

The fortunes of both clubs are on different ends of the scale at the moment and I was disappointed to see you drop into the bottom 4. After the game I was appalled to hear fellow Liverpool Fans saying “ Imagine if we win the league and Everton go down on the same day. 

I would hate this to happen because I genuinely hope and pray that these two things happen on separate days so we can have TWO  
massive Parties you Bitter Bluenose Bastards  !!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

21 minutes ago, Einch said:

Some of The Bitters have got wise to Fat Frank and his PR bullshit. They’re calling out his manufactured manager persona. Definitely not a good look when you have to be born. 

It's not as if it hasn't been pretty obvious since he was even considered for the post. 

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

They were already 6pts behind Newcastle. 

Doesn't sound much but when you are averaging 0.86pts per game its Mount fucking Everest. I would say if Leeds beat Watford tomorrow that'll be Watford and Norwhich down and unless Leeds or Brentford go on a 6 game losing spree theyll both be safe

A Watford win is what we want. Keep that pressure on. Watford don't have a bad run of fixtures. 

• Upvote 1

DaveK still annoying his fellow forumites.

davek

Player Valuation: £90m

Who comes in at this stage is he is sacked?
There's 11 days to get someone in. Realistically we need someone who can go right in and have a full week with them in training. 

I'm of the opinion now that we are at that point where it's "any port in a storm".

Allardyce knows the club and some of these players. He couldn't save West Brom, I know. But he's a big character and one that could just possibly squeeze some wins out of this lot.

However unpallatable that sounds, my first move after today if we dont get all three points would be to get Allardyce back in.

We literally dont have any other choice now.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Despite my love for the man  Rafa was a ridiculous hire for them.

I think he served his purpose for them. We now know they were working with the PL on the fact they were haemorrhaging money, and needed to jettison Rodriguez, whilst making uninspiring budget additions. They hired Benitez as a lightning rod, a willing patsy who'd take a thankless, near-impossible job because it wasn't a commute and paid well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Despite my love for the man  Rafa was a ridiculous hire for them.

If hiring him was a cynical but well-considered decision…

And if they briefed him to slash the wage bill, bin the best-paid players whilst giving him buttons to buy replacements…

And if they knew that the fans would all blame Rafa for the low quality of the new signings (meaning he was a human shield for the board who had let the finances go to pot)...

Then he was a brilliant appointment. 
Except every other managerial appointment they’ve made seems to have been a shambles too. Even Allardyce and Ancelotti in their own ways we’re shambolic, despite the fact they’d take either back in a heartbeat now. 
So I just cannot compute what they were thinking. If they had the cojones to appoint Benitez, they really should have kept faith with him too.