You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Fucking great interview...now lets all hope for a change or ownership and the start of a new era...Not breaking out the bubbly yet but thank fuck some positive news for once.

And I will drink to what Dave said.

Its about time we got back to talking about football.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am showing too much faith in our board but I reckon all these "sources close to the deal" stories have been planted purely and simply to throw people off the scent.

Find it hard to believe that all these interested parties have decided to miss an imposed formal bid deadline when they've been banging their own drums for the past week or so.

Broughton and the sale team apparently asked for a confidentiality agreement to be put on all negotiations after the initial fan fare had died down, and I'd be very surprised if anything we are reading currently has any real substance to it. Why would Broughton, Purslow, RBS, Barcap etc be briefing the papers off record? Or atleast briefing them the gospel truth? Don't see what they'd gain in that at this stage in proceedings.

I've got a feeling that all is going well behind closed doors and we will hear something in the next few days, although my faith in Liverpool Football Club having things well under control will most probably turn out to be misguided!

Let's be honest here, a deadline is a joke because everyone knows we have to sell.

Let's hope Huang wasn't bullshitting when he said he wanted it done within the transfer window.

Am I missing a trick here but as far as I understand Huang has yet to prove proof of funds as requested by broughton so at this momnent in time the only delay to any deal is comming from Haung not LFC

If I have missed something where Huang has proved his proof of funds in the last 24 hours then appologies

1sgvfc.jpg

I kind of expect Hicks to jump out and block that light there,hope i'm wrong i want this deal doing NOW but half expect it to go pear shaped maybe its all the false dawns we've seen over the last 12 months

staying positive though new owners soon

The difference between Huang's interview and Pizzaboy's illiterate rants is striking. I get the impression that Huang will try and make money by increasing the value of the club through investment and media expansion - Kirdi appears to think that solar panels and a five star hotel are the way. ( or by doing nothing, increasing the debt of the club and waiting for the next sucker to come along and leave them with a profit )

Liverpool FC board hopes for key meeting to discuss sale

Aug 12 2010 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Echo

TOP Anfield officials responsible for the sale of Liverpool FC are hoping to come together for a key meeting before the Reds’ opening fixture of the season.

Club bosses have declined to confirm the exact timing of a board meeting to discuss the buyers vying for the club.

It had been thought the meeting could take place today, but the ECHO has been given strong indications it might not.

Chairman Martin Broughton had been keen to have progress to report to fans by the Arsenal match on Sunday.

It appears that the process is advancing slower than he had first hoped for, but with three days until kick off it is still possible there could be an announcement.

The British Airways chairman has made clear to potential bidders that the process will not be rushed.

Mr Broughton has made clear that the buyer must clear the £237m with Royal Bank of Scotland, provide cash for buying players and invest in a new stadium.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett want to extract the highest price possible and leave the club with a large profit.

Consortiums being fronted by Syrian Yahya Kirdi and Chinese businessman Kenny Huang remain in pole position to buy the club.

Yesterday it emerged Mr Huang is involved in an ongoing court battle with a former business partner after their relationship soured.

Judgment was handed down against him in January 1999 by a circuit judge in Florida, and relates to a dispute with a former business associate, Yudong Zhang, and a company, T&K Guang Xin Enterprises.

Mr Huang was ordered to pay damages of $750,000 (£473,000) and interest of $788,300 (£497,000).

A spokesman for Mr Huang confirmed he was appealing the decision.

Mr Kirdi is understood to be being favoured by the Americans because his plans could deliver higher personal profits to the pair.

He leads a consortium of investors from the Middle East and Canada – it is unclear what their complete investment plans are.

Although earlier this week he said: “I can’t pay one pound more than value of Liverpool.”

Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Liverpool FC board hopes for key meeting to discuss sale

I know a person in senior management at RBS said talk in the papers of RBS calling the loan in is total bollocks. He said that if payments had been missed then yes, but that is not the case here. Said what the papers are saying is totally inaccurate regarding RBS.

I know a person in senior management at RBS said talk in the papers of RBS calling the loan in is total bollocks. He said that if payments had been missed then yes, but that is not the case here. Said what the papers are saying is totally inaccurate regarding RBS.

But we will start missing payments when there £2.5m a week just to RBS which only started last week, one way or the other this will end by October

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mr Broughton has made clear that the buyer must clear the £237m with Royal Bank of Scotland, provide cash for buying players and invest in a new stadium.

It really is a measure of the guy (if true) that he seems to care more about the welfare of the football club than the owners do.

But we will start missing payments when there £2.5m a week just to RBS which only started last week, one way or the other this will end by October

He could not comment on any figures he is just a senior employee, he just said that what the papers are saying about threats by RBS is garbage. Payments are being made Bank is making money.

please,please let tommorow be that day when i turn on the tele and see ''breaking news liverpool have accepted an offer from kenny huang''

its been painfull waiting,its drove me to drink (more than usual) :wallbutt: