You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Voronin (or: Why are our scouts so shit?)

Strontium

It was obvious to every single man jack one of us, long before he signed, that Andriy Voronin was shit, and that observation could be made from a single match he played against Blackburn in the UEFA Cup.

So what on earth made our scouts, who must have watched him even more often than that, think he'd be a good signing? Surely they should be able to see, after following his progress over months, that he was shite, if the average fan could see it from just 90 minutes?

Why can't our scouts see what the rest of us can?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probably difficult to tell how a player will react to roation and a different league. Sometimes you get it right, Albert, sometimes you get it wrong. There are glimpses of a good player, he's not been consistent enough.

The teams position both on and off the field isnt helping matters.

Baros and Cisse are prime examples .Both decent players , both decent goalscorers all played out of any form they had by benitez

Crouch ditto, gets a goal and doesn't make the bench .Subbed on 60 mins no matter what Kuyt is half the player he was and early season we were all marvelling how perfect a foil for torres Vorinin was .In my opinion Vorinins ok,A decent squad player,he's no Torres or Fowler but thenagain not many are .Whatever early form he had was dragged out of him by a manager that simply doesn't know how to utilise attaking players

(oh and to save the usuals response ...but valencia yadda yadda yadda)

Crouch: 21 appearances with 6 goals and two assists(zero league goals)

Voronin: 20 appearances with 4 goals and three assists(three league goals)

Kuyt: 23 appearances with 6 goals and one assist(three league goals)

If one wears the tag... They all deserve it. Period.

Torres 21(4) appearances with 17 goals and 3 assists.

Just wanted to state the obvious.

Crouch: 21 appearances with 6 goals and two assists(zero league goals)

Voronin: 20 appearances with 4 goals and three assists(three league goals)

Kuyt: 23 appearances with 6 goals and one assist(three league goals)

If one wears the tag... They all deserve it. Period.

I was saying exactly the same as that before the Luton game although I think Crouch's stats don't tell a fair story.

I hated the hype on here from the very start I said that he was too slow and wasted chances.

Voromania my arse.