You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

2 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Never thought I'd be able to feel like this, but right now it feels like a good idea to get rid of Klopp and let someone else have a go.

I don't really mean it, it's only how it feels right now.

It sucks but it might be a good time to look at players who were very, very good in the first incarnation and have been not so since and use this as a logical break to offload a couple. Big names.

39 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's all baseline stuff though, good communicator, liked by players and fans, positional familiarity.

The difference is in how the message is delivered, training methods, changes in pre and post match day build up, the changes to the system in and out of possession etc etc.

we'll see I guess. i am expecting it to be shit. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

It sucks but it might be a good time to look at players who were very, very good in the first incarnation and have been not so since and use this as a logical break to offload a couple. Big names.

No way does a new manager come in and offload multiple first teamers.

From the squad we'd be looking at definitely offloading:

Matip & Thiago 

Then it's those that might go with a decent offer:

Konate (Only due to constant injuries), Tsimikas, 

We'd then need to replace aging players either this summer or very near future:

Salah, VVD, Robertson, Endo, 

I can see Salah definitely leaving which leaves a huge void in the team for his goals/assists and trying to replace him would cost serious money so once his money is spent, I can't see much left being available to a new manager to sell other first teamers and replace.

2 minutes ago, Welsh said:

No way does a new manager come in and offload multiple first teamers.

From the squad we'd be looking at definitely offloading:

Matip & Thiago 

Then it's those that might go with a decent offer:

Konate (Only due to constant injuries), Tsimikas, 

We'd then need to replace aging players either this summer or very near future:

Salah, VVD, Robertson, Endo, 

I can see Salah definitely leaving which leaves a huge void in the team for his goals/assists and trying to replace him would cost serious money so once his money is spent, I can't see much left being available to a new manager to sell other first teamers and replace.

The new manager will have very little to do with it.

Offloading is not the same as leaving - two players are leaving as they are out of contract and not wanted.

No chance the new gurus allow either Trent or Salah into their last year of a contract - that is guru 101 and both are quite good at it.

Ideally we'd replace about five or six players in the summer.

I'd sell/release Adrian, Thaigo, Matip, Salah and Tsimikas.

I'd bring in any homegrown GK, a proper number six, a centreback, a left back and two forwards.

The defenders I'd bring in would both be from Fulham.

Tosin Adarabioyo and Antonee Robinson.

Both are home grown, and Adarabioyo is on a free.

Robinson looks ready to take over from Robertson. 

I have no ideas on the six or the forwards though. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we were to go for someone like Matheus Cunha or another Fulham player in Rodrigo Muniz.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I'd bring in any homegrown GK, a proper number six, a centreback, a left back and two forwards.

It wouldn't surprise me if we were to go for someone like Matheus Cunha or another Fulham player in Rodrigo Muniz.

Muniz for Nunez and Robinson for Robertson? What's next, Hendo for Endo?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

That Adarabioyo would be a absolute liability for any team trying to pass the ball out from the back. Just in the games against us he gave away multiple chances because he can't pass. 

I would be shocked if Edwards/Hughes paid the money Fulham would demand for a LB that will be 27 cone the start of the season. 

I like Cunha but not sure either are anywhere near good enough to get us where we want to be. 

There’s been a few mentions of him preferring a man to man pressing scheme rather than the zonal triggers we use at the minute. Atalanta did a proper number on us with that approach but it’s easy to negate. Leeds used it under Bielsa and conceded shitloads.