You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

I'm still not sure if there's an excellent player in there who needs a better set-up than the Chelsea chaos, or if he just looked top class at a Brighton side that seem to make players look good.

If he bombs out of Chelsea I'd probably still take a punt on him at Mac money. 

I'd say sone of it is them trying to use him as a Kante/Makellele type. He isn't and wasn't at Brighton. He played far more on the right when I saw him and was able to cover a attacking right back and mop up. They want him as a 6 and often doing it alone when Enzo attacks. 

Having said that he looks a fucking awful player on the ball since he's got there. Bet he regrets letting his agent call the shots

23 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I seriously hope the cunt gets a career ending injury. He's absolutely fucking shite and just goes around injuring players as he's fucking brain dead. 

Bit harsh that.

He'd had an agreement with Chelsea before we came in for him (if we ever did) and he stuck to it. He never disrespected us in the press far as I'm aware.

Incredibly overrated though, seems about 10 seconds late for everything.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He will be a different player if he is playing under Klopp. 

No doubt about that. If Klopp wanted him, and that would depend more on his character than his footballing ability, he’d have been brilliant here.

Put it this way, does anyone really think that Endo would have been any good at Chelsea?

• Upvote 1

He's one for the shitness of modern football.

He had one season of top level senior football under his belt and suddenly he's a £114 million pound player.

A player in the position he plays will never  ever be worth that much, its impossible to justify spending that amount on a defensive midfielder! 

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm still not sure if there's an excellent player in there who needs a better set-up than the Chelsea chaos, or if he just looked top class at a Brighton side that seem to make players look good.

Chelsea actively make players worse at the moment and his fee is one that very few live up to. The circumstances aren't in his favour.

Brighton had been using him as an auxiliary right back, at times, and doing all sorts of stuff in a high level system under De Zerbi. For us, it would have been similar. He would have been a tactical piece and another cog in the machine.

But I guess when you can just sign a merely solid player like Endo and plug him into what you're doing successfully, you don't need to pay over the odds.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Bit harsh that.

He'd had an agreement with Chelsea before we came in for him (if we ever did) and he stuck to it. He never disrespected us in the press far as I'm aware.

He deffo had an agreement with chelsea yeah.

We deffo did go in for him as well.

As for being overrated - it is hard to judge him in the shitshow that is Chelsea, let's see what he does when he leaves there which IMO he will in next couple of years.

8 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If we're taking players off Chelsea the only one I want is Cole Palmer.

Yes, he was stymied by Kelleher in the final, but for my money, he's the only player there I'd actually want. Only 21 and rumours they'll have to sell as he's the only player they could get positive FFP profit from in their squad.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yes, he was stymied by Kelleher in the final, but for my money, he's the only player there I'd actually want. Only 21 and rumours they'll have to sell as he's the only player they could get positive FFP profit from in their squad.

They could get positive FFP profit from any player, so long as they sold them for enough money!

The homegrown ones, e.g. Gallagher and Colwill will give the best chance for FFP book profits.

How much did they pay for Palmer? £40 million? So yeah they should be able to get a decent bit of real and accounting profit for him.
Might be some dodgy Man City agreement in the background though there, unless Guardiola just didn’t like him.

Enzo looked class for Argentina in the World Cup. Likewise Caicedo at Brighton. Both bang average now. 

Perhaps because the guy next to both of them now plays in red?

And Palmer left Citeh because he’s an arsehole (apparently). Not a Liverpool player. 

The next time we play Chelsea we should be battering Caicedo, it's only fair. 

In the few times I've seen him for Chelsea he just looks nervous and doesn't seem to know what he's meant to be doing tactically. Playing under tepid management will do that to a lad.

40 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

Enzo looked class for Argentina in the World Cup. Likewise Caicedo at Brighton. Both bang average now. 

Would that be the same guy who was dropped into a hastily rebuilt midfield with people who had never played together, and had it purring from day one?

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Bit harsh that.

I think the point he's making is the fact he seems to be making a point of smashing players in just about every game this season, often multiple time in a game. The way he's flying round, he's going to give someone a career ender at some point, it looks like Grav has a bad one from Sunday. I dunno if it's frustrating, he's operating under instruction or he's genuinely just late. But he should have spent most of those season suspended and it's only down to soft refereeing of him he's not. And while they keep letting him away with it, he's not going to change his game. 

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Noticed Klopp pull him to one side and have a few words in his ear at the end (I think it was after they’d been up for medals). It was over and above the usual platitudes so I think Klopp likes him as a player.

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

And Palmer left Citeh because he’s an arsehole (apparently). Not a Liverpool player. 

"Enzo"? as bad as using "Pep" or "Boris"...

6 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Call himself "Cold Palmer", no thanks.

I think Gusto is good, but not a need for us, and Nkunku is clearly a genuinely good player. I think he'll be a threat next season. Maybe Badiashile. They are in a mess thought, still got two years on Lukaku's contract as well.

I still think that with the right coach there’s a decent side to be made out of that Chelsea squad. Not a title challenging side but definitely one that could be in the mix for top four.

Nkunku and Sterling are good, Gallagher is decent, Caicedo and Fernandez have clearly got higher levels in them than what they’ve shown under Pochettino, James and Chilwell are both horrible little shithouses but are good players if they can stay fit. That goalie’s unexpectedly decent as well.

Pochettino is done as a manager though. They spend most of the game playing like they’ve never seen each other before. Very occasionally you get a flash of a high press, a hint of a slick passing move, a brief interlude of competent build up play, and you get a little reminder of his decent Spurs and Southampton sides that never won anything. But that’s all it is, little bits here and there. He’s had loads of time with this squad now, pre season and no European football at all, and he’s barely influenced the way they play. That’s pretty shit and it’s all on him.

Reports on Twitter today saying they are approaching De Zerbi for next season. Got to wonder why Boehly didn’t just buy Brighton at this point.