You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

"Yes, Robbo has had surgery and it all went well," Klopp said. "It all went as good as it could go so recovery starts after he wakes up. I think it happened this morning, so that is it. We don't know how long that will take but the first step is done and that is good."

"Cody has been in full training now since Sunday, which is good. It means he is available for the full squad and what we do that [information] we will see but that is good as well. Who else is out? Thiago, no. Bajcetic no. Not in team training."

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

"Yes, Robbo has had surgery and it all went well," Klopp said. "It all went as good as it could go so recovery starts after he wakes up. I think it happened this morning, so that is it. We don't know how long that will take but the first step is done and that is good."

"Cody has been in full training now since Sunday, which is good. It means he is available for the full squad and what we do that [information] we will see but that is good as well. Who else is out? Thiago, no. Bajcetic no. Not in team training."

Who is this Thiago I keep seeing gettting mentioned?

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Bajčetić is still out after that little, little, little, little, tiny calf issue in September. He is really taking this modeling himself on Thiago too far. Pull your socks up, Stefan.

Starting to get a bit worrying with the kid.

I get they are being dead cautious - but it is not a good sign when he has been out as long as he has, is getting what are called really minor setbacks but then it being a month on and still no sign of him being fit.

We've had 4 promising young players ruled out for extended periods for physical "stress" muscle injuries. Kaide Gordon, Curtis Jones, Bajcetic and now Bobby Clark. Are they doing too much too soon or is this common at that age?

1 hour ago, NoelM said:

We've had 4 promising young players ruled out for extended periods for physical "stress" muscle injuries. Kaide Gordon, Curtis Jones, Bajcetic and now Bobby Clark. Are they doing too much too soon or is this common at that age?

Bajcetic was deffo asked to do too much too soon and now is paying for it.

It is to the absolute shame of the so many senior pros that were unavailable/that the kid was actually preferred to as well at times because they were so poor, that he suffered how he did. It was way too much, too soon.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not convinced he’s the real deal anyway. He was needed last season because every fucker else was old, slow or perennially injured. If we sign that Andre I don’t see Bajcetic having much of a future here. 

I think he could be anything potentially - genuinely feel he might be special.

Pepijn Lijnders has provided updates on the fitness statuses of Stefan Bajcetic, Conor Bradley, Ben Doak and Thiago Alcantara ahead of Liverpool’s trip to AFC Bournemouth.

The Reds will continue to be without Bajcetic and Thiago, while Bradley and Doak have taken steps forward in their ongoing recoveries from injury.

Elsewhere, Andy Robertson’s rehabilitation from surgery on a shoulder issue is now under way.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com ahead of the Carabao Cup fourth-round tie with Bournemouth on Wednesday night, assistant manager Lijnders said: “Conor is not in team training but he is getting really close, he is with the ball, he is doing all these things with [Andreas] Schlumberger and that looks promising.

“It will be great to have him back because we know that he can be a really attacking threat on our right side.

“Ben Doak trained yesterday [for the] first time, how Ben Doak is: full of energy, a big heart, always wanting to go. Good to see that, really good to see him back.

“Robbo speaks for itself – he had his operation and that all went to plan. He is one of our captains, so that says I think enough.

“And with Stefan, he’s not available at the moment and we’re working with the medical team to discuss how we introduce him over the coming period.”

On Thiago, Lijnders added in his pre-match press conference: “We really miss him but that will take time, he will not be available. He is an unbelievable professional and an unbelievable guy. We hope to get him back soon.”

30 minutes ago, an tha said:

Pepijn Lijnders has provided updates on the fitness statuses of Stefan Bajcetic, Conor Bradley, Ben Doak and Thiago Alcantara ahead of Liverpool’s trip to AFC Bournemouth.

The Reds will continue to be without Bajcetic and Thiago, while Bradley and Doak have taken steps forward in their ongoing recoveries from injury.

Elsewhere, Andy Robertson’s rehabilitation from surgery on a shoulder issue is now under way.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com ahead of the Carabao Cup fourth-round tie with Bournemouth on Wednesday night, assistant manager Lijnders said: “Conor is not in team training but he is getting really close, he is with the ball, he is doing all these things with [Andreas] Schlumberger and that looks promising.

“It will be great to have him back because we know that he can be a really attacking threat on our right side.

“Ben Doak trained yesterday [for the] first time, how Ben Doak is: full of energy, a big heart, always wanting to go. Good to see that, really good to see him back.

“Robbo speaks for itself – he had his operation and that all went to plan. He is one of our captains, so that says I think enough.

“And with Stefan, he’s not available at the moment and we’re working with the medical team to discuss how we introduce him over the coming period.”

On Thiago, Lijnders added in his pre-match press conference: “We really miss him but that will take time, he will not be available. He is an unbelievable professional and an unbelievable guy. We hope to get him back soon.”

Sounds at least like Bajcetic might be close to returning to training. 

as for that "we really miss thiago", i don't think so at all. he was shocking last season and has barely played. He wouldn't get near this team if he was fit. and of course he won't be fit. in my head, he's already gone and is no longer a part of the squad. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sounds at least like Bajcetic might be close to returning to training. 

as for that "we really miss thiago", i don't think so at all. he was shocking last season and has barely played. He wouldn't get near this team if he was fit. and of course he won't be fit. in my head, he's already gone and is no longer a part of the squad. 

Be nice if Bajcetic can get back into contention soon, plenty of opportunity in uefa cup and milk cup and would have been handy if he had been available.

As for Thiago - I am same as you, he simply isn't an option - likely won't be for any length of time anyway and the sooner his 200k a week is put to better use the better......we've moved on as a team already anyway.

• Upvote 1

Jürgen Klopp today offered an update on the fitness of Thiago Alcantara and Stefan Bajcetic as the pair continue to work their way back towards their respective returns to action.

The manager detailed why no timescale is being placed upon their recoveries, with the duo currently continuing to work with the club’s medical team.

On Bajcetic, Klopp said: “No, we don’t know [when he will be back]. With Stefan it’s, again, one of these things. Stefan’s quality, potential, talent, everybody could see and it’s incredible - what a player - but the body was not ready yet.

“They are still growing these boys and they are all different; we have other players with a different, what is it, skeleton, a different body where OK that’s fine and for other players it is a bit too early.

We just have to put the break on again and just wait until that’s all fine. Then Liverpool FC has a wonderful player to use, but there is absolutely no time that we can put on that and we will not. We just have to wait.

“He is here, he is training, he is doing his stuff, we are building his [fitness]. We know how he good he is and now we have to make sure we help him to get a body to show that, and not only once but then three times a week.

“We will get there [and that will be] very good news for the club, [but] in the moment we cannot use him and that’s all.”

Meanwhile, Thiago has yet to feature so far in 2023-24 as he continues his recovery from a hip issue that required surgery in the summer.

Klopp added:

“With Thiago it is slightly different, it’s an ongoing thing and we cannot put any kind of pressure on there as well.

“We expect him to be back - and I would say probably the start of the New Year. It’s now already November, so that would mean another four weeks. I would say that’s probably a realistic thing to try and I can’t wait, to be honest, to have him back.

“The player he is is just exceptional. I understand you ask, but it’s nothing where we can have a week by week update because that will not change a lot in this moment.”

Not sure how Klopp makes start of Nov to New Year 4 weeks but hey!......

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

Jürgen Klopp today offered an update on the fitness of Thiago Alcantara and Stefan Bajcetic as the pair continue to work their way back towards their respective returns to action.

The manager detailed why no timescale is being placed upon their recoveries, with the duo currently continuing to work with the club’s medical team.

On Bajcetic, Klopp said: “No, we don’t know [when he will be back]. With Stefan it’s, again, one of these things. Stefan’s quality, potential, talent, everybody could see and it’s incredible - what a player - but the body was not ready yet.

“They are still growing these boys and they are all different; we have other players with a different, what is it, skeleton, a different body where OK that’s fine and for other players it is a bit too early.

We just have to put the break on again and just wait until that’s all fine. Then Liverpool FC has a wonderful player to use, but there is absolutely no time that we can put on that and we will not. We just have to wait.

“He is here, he is training, he is doing his stuff, we are building his [fitness]. We know how he good he is and now we have to make sure we help him to get a body to show that, and not only once but then three times a week.

“We will get there [and that will be] very good news for the club, [but] in the moment we cannot use him and that’s all.”

Meanwhile, Thiago has yet to feature so far in 2023-24 as he continues his recovery from a hip issue that required surgery in the summer.

Klopp added:

“With Thiago it is slightly different, it’s an ongoing thing and we cannot put any kind of pressure on there as well.

“We expect him to be back - and I would say probably the start of the New Year. It’s now already November, so that would mean another four weeks. I would say that’s probably a realistic thing to try and I can’t wait, to be honest, to have him back.

“The player he is is just exceptional. I understand you ask, but it’s nothing where we can have a week by week update because that will not change a lot in this moment.”

Not sure how Klopp makes start of Nov to New Year 4 weeks but hey!......

i reckon he probably means 4 weeks before thiago might train again. then a month to be ready, before breaking down getting the roasties out of the oven on xmas day. 

for the both of these, it's time to start considering the squad without them both. if bajcetic makes it, sound. but it could be years and who knows what footballing development he will lose in that time. just try and get him fit and maybe back playing with his own age group. getting another mid in january (if we're still in for Andre or whatever), makes sense at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I presume he means 4 weeks to be fit enough to train fully, and then a further 4 weeks of a "pre-season" 

Maybe aye.

All irrelevant anyway as at some point he will 'suffer a setback' again....just like when he was touted as 'back for pre season' when he originally went down again and when he was 'back after the international break' twice this season so far.

I think he is a goner in Jan anyway.

21 hours ago, an tha said:

Maybe aye.

All irrelevant anyway as at some point he will 'suffer a setback' again....just like when he was touted as 'back for pre season' when he originally went down again and when he was 'back after the international break' twice this season so far.

I think he is a goner in Jan anyway.

Aye but even the Saudis might swerve someone who has played competitively for the amount of time he has.

I bet our transfer mob are getting pretty excited thinking about how they can redistribute that significant wage he is on to help develop the squad. A really capable defensive midfielder and left centre half could be extracted from that.

I still see people make passing mention of Gordon, but I'd be suprised if he comes good now. That length of time out during a significant part of the development of his career is likely to have a pretty major impact, that's even before feeling like you can 'trust' your body again 

On 04/11/2023 at 12:11, Moctezuma said:

Aye but even the Saudis might swerve someone who has played competitively for the amount of time he has.

I bet our transfer mob are getting pretty excited thinking about how they can redistribute that significant wage he is on to help develop the squad. A really capable defensive midfielder and left centre half could be extracted from that.

Generally i get impression they don't care all that much about detail - they just want names and well known players as they try and buy legitimacy.

Them coming in for Thiago is a possibility even with his laughable fitness record - whether he'll go or not of course remains to be seen - him going would certainly help pay Andre's wages for example.