You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Abysmal start to the season this, yes we’ve injuries but four points is massive isn’t it.

We all get we’ve 36 games to go and anything can happen but you have to be almost perfect in this league and giving away 4 more than winnable points.

As for the side, Milner offers next to nothing against sides like this, fullbacks constantly coming inside leaving no wide outlet which kills attacks.

As for Nunez, ought to be fired out of a cannon into the Mersey as that was indcredibly unprofessional. Utter shit from him as was his performance. 

I'm not even sure how many chances we actually had. Don't remember too many clear cut ones. Another display of walking football in the first half, even conceding a goal didn't wake us up. Then a really fucking stupid red card, which did. If we'd played with the intensity we had after the sending off for 90 minutes we'd have won that.

2 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

You all sound like manc supporters. Entitled twats… do you not remember a few years ago. We will be fine 

Fine yes. Challenging for the league this season absolutely not if we play like the first two games. An injury list longer than whatever doesn`t help either.

The comments on this thread are a disgrace. A very poor start but we'll be fine, we played well enough today. A poor decision to play Phillips and give palace the only bit of hope they would have in that channel with zaha.

It was absolutely stupid from Nunez and he will miss big games now. But we need to back him

We ain't winning a thing this season judging by the last 2 games, sincerely hope I'm wrong. We are short 2 midfielders, a mobile striker and right back. Pure pish. Even that crap United team will likely give us a game next week. 

Ridiculous ref as usual. Paul Tierney is a fuckin disgrace.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

If our midfield was a horse they'd be pulling the screens round it as we speak.

Midfield is a major concern in an otherwise excellent squad.

I’ve said only Fabinho and Thiago are really top class. Looks like it’s only Thiago now, and he’s not to be relied upon.

That said Henderson can do some sort of job, as can Keita if he is ever fit. Elliott played well tonight, but shouldn’t be a starter just yet. Carvalho looks decent as well,

But all in all midfield not good enough, we should sign one top class midfielder in this window and one next summer. At least.

Nunez had three sitters and failed to hit any of them properly before getting sent off through fucking stupidity. He looks clumsy on the ball and miles off the other players for all his decent movement.

That and Nat Phillips struggling for the pace of the game after a year in the Championship were the two deciding factors for me.

• Upvote 1

If my team played like Palace today I'd be disgusted, but some seem to think it's clever and impressive.

The ref was appalling. Waiting until the 90th minute to book the keeper when he's been timewasting from about 15 minutes in: just what is the point? Its an offence. Plain and simple: an offence. Every time it's done it's an offence. And yet it's only after he's done it about fifty fucking times is he booked. He should have been off about half an hour before. And the ref ignores a foul on Diaz in the box and yet gives a foul on the same foul outside the box. An absolute shithouse.

As for the team, well, this is clearly going to be a transitional season. I was expecting that. But not as badly as this. Experienced players like Robbo still seem on vacation. There's no real drive, no confidence, no energy. 

The one plus - Diaz, eventually, was excellent.

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

We ain't winning a thing this season judging by the last 2 games, sincerely hope I'm wrong. We are short 2 midfielders, a mobile striker and right back. Pure pish. Even that crap United team will likely give us a game next week. 

Ridiculous ref as usual. Paul Tierney is a fuckin disgrace.

We were chasing Tchouameni from the end of the previous season if not before so the management knew it was a position that needed improving. Absolute fucking joke that no alternative was sought and we decided to go all in on a forward instead. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Not a great result. 

Jib all the 4 points behind City shit though. We’re 2 games in. We’ll just have to beat them home and away. 

Win every game between now and the end of the season and we’re champions. Couldn’t be easier…

We were comfortably the better side after we lost Darwin, Diaz in particular was all over the place but understandably faded as time went on. Could’ve done with that intensity before we went down to 10.

Wasteful in both halves really, the team clearly needs time to get the rhythm going and all the injuries don’t help now so try Darwin getting suspended it’ll only compound that. I think Gomez should’ve started if he was fit enough to feature at all, don’t think their goal happens the way it did if he does and if we’re going to play Phillips then that high line has got to go. 

Just now, Turkish Delight said:

Nunez had three sitters and failed to hit any of them properly before getting sent off through fucking stupidity. He looks clumsy on the ball and miles off the other players for all his decent movement.

That and Nat Phillips struggling for the pace of the game after a year in the Championship were the two deciding factors for me.

When I first heard we were signing Nunez I looked him up on Football Manager. They can be a bit hit and miss. 

The more I see him the more I think they knocked it out of the park.

He could be a very good player but he's raw as fuck. One for the future but right now he's a very physical, high energy heffalump. 

AVvXsEgzvgEYOyYdXf7bJo4ID7fvpDFWXWqnzBTR

It was always going to be hard to keep up with the Oil Cheats regardless of this poor start. This just puts the focus more on FSG. They don't invest enough money to keep us up at the top, Jurgen has done an amazing job masking the financial gaps. This bollix about getting the first choice signing or not bothering is leaving us short all the time. 

• Upvote 2