You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - Tue 28th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

23 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Can't remember the last time I was this depressed about a result. It feels like the end of the road is looming large for this great team.

Yeah this is a real hammer blow tonight.

Feels like worst loss we have had for a good while to me - timing of it is lousy, coming off back of dropped points in last game and the Leeds game being postponed and Man City on a roll and of course fact they were depleted and coming off back of getting dicked by Man City 2 days ago.

We just couldn't drop points tonight.

It is almost a certainty that we will find ourselves 12 pts behind Man City by next time we play and that next game is one of the hardest away games of the season too.

We were a point behind seemingly 5 mins ago - a combination of dropped pts whilst missing players to Covid at Tottenham, a postponed game and this hammer blow of a loss and Man City having 2 games now before we play again and AFCON about to rip our attack apart just all seems to have come together to suddenly give us a mountain to climb.

This is a really, really bad result tonight and it has left me feeling really shite.

I feel we need an overhaul in midfield and as it can't all be done in one window i'd like to see us start in Jan and then finish job in summer, but i doubt we will.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Can't remember the last time I was this depressed about a result. It feels like the end of the road is looming large for this great team.

It probably should be but our ace German mechanic in charge will get a few more miles from them. It is likely to not reach the finish line first without shiny new parts though,which is extremely unlikely to happen.

8 hours ago, Shitty Arse said:

It is so fucking annoying. This team would’ve held its own against the Manc and Arsenal teams in the 90s. The Chelsea team in the 00’s.
We are a very good team. They mentioned in commentary we had lost once in 36 matches or something before tonight. Sadly we are up against that shower of cunts putting up unprecedented points totals. We can’t even be too hard or critical of Jurgen or these players.
It’s just shit fucking luck that we have a once in a generation manager and it’s likely he won’t win the silverware he deserves during his tenure because of those cheating cunts. I’m not throwing the towel in yet but anything less than a win at Chelsea and that’s it I think.

This is it, there is a lot of chat about clubs being in crisis/having a wobble, some of that is coming from the intensification of media coverage in the internet age, but City's egregious spending is warping things in the last 4 years they have won 8 out of 12 of the domestic trophies available. While often reaching the latter stages of the Champions League and posting colossal points totals. The concerning issue is that there doesn't seem to be an end in sight to that with the only disruption potentially coming from the period after Guardiola leaving.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

They reckon people who solely comment about the use of apostrophes in text or internet threads while missing the point of the text or posts, are complete and utter geeks with nothing else worthy to contribute.

I wouldnt say that mind, just that if you want grammatical excellence all the time on the internet then, you better pull everyone for it else you make yourself look an uber cunt.

By the way, 'Pro' shouldnt begin with a capital in your quote. I wouldnt normally bother but seeing as you want to be a pedant as well thought I should point it out.

Oh and happy New Year.

It's not for two days yet Jimmy!

We were awful, and yet should have won by 3 or 4 goals.

On an off day, champions usually have lucky breaks. We got 2 (4 if you count the 2x rebounds from the pen) and fluffed our lines.

The subs absolutely killed us, while Leicester's raised their game, and ultimately won it for them.

Naby Keita - forgetting for a movement that he's the ultimate luxury player - needs to be in the advanced right position. That's they only time he's ever resembled a footballer for us. And he's certainly not the type to come on when the chips are down.

When Milner came on, I thought that was the idea, with Hendo in the 6. It was ridiculous keeping Keita where he was, and playing Milly in the 6, and I think Klopp will see that.

A final note to say we get about 15 corners a game and do absolutely fuck all with them. It's incredibly deflating. When Mane let the ball go out for a corner instead of keeping it in, it infuriated me. That's how bad we are from them.

• Upvote 2

Some of the players are just burned out or their standarda have just fallen so much and we should look to make some drastic changes to the team. Its still a fantastic team but is hampered by a few that are now holding us back. Im Manes biggest fan but he has been a liability for the most part of 18 months now maybe longer, Henderson and Firmino should also be moved on. I dont know why im even typing this when shit like Keita and Ox are still here after so many years and have not  been replaced yet, they ofcourse are a way bigger problem than any of the first 3 i mentioned. 

38 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The problem is and always has been FSG running us like cunts 

Too much sitting on hands when it comes to transfers, I fear. Need to keep the wheels moving to ship out the dead wood and bring in the new blood.

Of course we'll see the usual suspects giving it "ar ay la, yous want to sign all der players in der werld you are der hysterical fanny ar ay la". There is, of course, a middle ground between this and not signing anybody.

• Upvote 1

Listen last night was fucking awful result wise, but we had a bad day at the office missed loads of chances should have scored 4 at least I was gutted last night (still am) but since West ham away we been almost flawless we topped the group of death in the CL without dropping a point we were flying up until Tottenham away since then we've had a game postponed and lost last night, this team does need freshening up especially in midfield and I wouldn't mind a striker to help take the burden off Mo and Jota as Mane and Bobby seam to have fallen off a cliff in the past 18 months now wether those cunts at FSG learn from last season's transfer fuck ups remain to be seen(if they don't then they really need to move on themselves along with Ox and Naby Lad) Jürgen will take stock of last night as he usually does and it wouldnt surprise me if we went on another good run let's be honest on recent form (or the last 18 months anyway) the only player we will really miss during Afcon is Mo he will be massively missed Naby and Mane? Give Divok a run or better still get someone in January. This transfer window is FSG biggest since VVD and Alison either they pass or there fucked.

56 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The problem is and always has been FSG running us like cunts 

FSG have imo under invested in the team over the last few years but their biggest problem is that their business model is completely fucked because UEFA & PL did not enforce FFP.  They have always been about balancing the books meanwhile other clubs (not just the oil cheats) have invested heavily in playing staff. Honestly without Klopp and the excellent recruitment of 3-5 years ago we'd be a midtable club.

Woke up this morning really despondent. Last night we didnt play well and the small margins such as a pen saved & a sitter missed means we were punished. City got alucky when they played wolves, they were poor, got a dodgy pen but scored it and won the game.  These fine margins are where leagues/cups are won & lost.

I see another team has managed to get a game postponed.  The integrity of the league has been completely fucked.  Some teams plough on aand play while other cry off and will get to play when miraculously injuries have cleared up. It all stinks. Football is fucking shit

• Upvote 2

I would take Lookman from Leipzig in the summer. Think he could be a real asset off the bench.

edit: just checked and he's 24, so might be a bit late for him. But he's got a great touch and is a decent finisher. Just a shame he stalled his career by signing for the ev.

It's bonkers how many of the easiest chances we balloon. We score lots of goals great goals but give us an open  goal and we back heel ourself in the bollocks. 

We need a midfield a reliable midfield we can't keep this chopping and changing because the ones we have are so breakable or mediocre. In my opinion the future is fabinho plus two and thats not writing hendo off.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think half the FF has, the towel-throwing TenaLadies.

Screenshot_2021-12-29-10-37-21-46_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Oh come on, we're 6 points behind a juggernaut like City, we've a squad 18 months past it's best, a manger dare I say it 18 months past his best, we're losing players to the AFCON for a month, and we've owners unwilling to invest in the squad!

Show me the positives!

Unless I've been hooked in which case I apologise.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

He hasn’t scored in 9 games now. That is worrying for a forward. 

For all of peps faults, he would have dropped Mane by now until he got his shit together. 

Have we even scored a goal when we've had all of our four forwards on the pitch at the same time? Just stick Jota on the left for a couple of matches. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Oh come on, we're 6 points behind a juggernaut like City, we've a squad 18 months past it's best, a manger dare I say it 18 months past his best, we're losing players to the AFCON for a month, and we've owners unwilling to invest in the squad!

Show me the positives!

Unless I've been hooked in which case I apologise.

Klopp past his best? Behave.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's bonkers how many of the easiest chances we balloon. We score lots of goals great goals but give us an open  goal and we back heel ourself in the bollocks. 

We need a midfield a reliable midfield we can't keep this chopping and changing because the ones we have are so breakable or mediocre. In my opinion the future is fabinho plus two and thats not writing hendo off.

The constant chopping and changing in midfield is a big problem...and it has been relentless this season.