You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How Do You Like Your Toast Sliced?

Bjornebye

How Do You Like Your Toast Sliced?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Like Your Toast Sliced?

• Triangles
    • Rectangles
    • I Dont Slice It, I Eat It Whole Like A Fucking Pig

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

hrM2JEAZJzCF5bEzZ5N_PgJ31ZBtoI-E6Qmud0J-

Haha, I can do without either as I'm grateful for what I'm about to receive though I had hash Browns in a Tesco in Litherland  few months ago and they were gross. 

Never had Sausage Chips and Beans then? As a kid I used to crumble an Oxo in the beans to enhance them, still do sometimes, plus I was disappointed that I couldn't find Toast Toppers anymore, I thought they might be lurking somewhere on Asda, when I enquired about them to some girl she looked bemused. 

32 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha, I can do without either as I'm grateful for what I'm about to receive though I had hash Browns in a Tesco in Litherland  few months ago and they were gross. 

Never had Sausage Chips and Beans then? As a kid I used to crumble an Oxo in the beans to enhance them, still do sometimes, plus I was disappointed that I couldn't find Toast Toppers anymore, I thought they might be lurking somewhere on Asda, when I enquired about them to some girl she looked bemused. 

Ive seen some freaky shit in my time but you are on another level. 

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

You can't make a sarnie off your breakfast plate with a triangular bit of toast so pointless, just for ready made sarnies, so best just stick it on the plate and put whatever on it and use a knife and fork. 

I mix my beans up with the hash Browns. 

Marone, why don't you just ladle cat effluence on top for good measure

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

Have you not seen Sopranos?

Not really, one where he was at a seance  and called them all fuckin' queers, funny. 

Always on to late when bevvied, much like The Wire, can't be doing with Box sets, so missed out but will get there some time. 

Are we talking a straight up non-nonsense loaf here (ie Warburton's Toastie) or some sort of wanky bread (ie artisan rye/sourdough)?

Bread of all varieties is welcome chez _b. The former cut in to half (either way, not that arsed) and lathered with salty butter. The latter, just sliced and left whole, with whatever condiment is appropriate, butter, peanut butter (with or without jam), cheese, whatever.

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

You need this in your life. Amazing. 

snapshotimagehandler_1428612676 (1).jpeg

I'm a bit of a revolutionary maverick here but have been mixing my own peanut butter and marmite before this came out. For a second I thought it was smooth for the bedwetting amongst us, but yeah I will be all over that

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Toast toppers are still around in the likes of Tesco, but they only seem to have the cheese and ham ones . From memory there used to be Pizza, Liver & bacon, and mushroom ones

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Brioche seems like a completely underwhelming rubbish form of bread\toast but I reckon I just haven't tasted good quality stuff. Where can I buy a decent brioche?

Not sure why brioche seems to have become the 'go to' option in restaurants for burgers. Why the hello would I want a burger served on a cake.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not sure why brioche seems to have become the 'go to' option in restaurants for burgers. Why the hello would I want a burger served on a cake.

Agreed, I want a bit of substance there not some flimsy tasteless cakey yellow twat

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Toast toppers are still around in the likes of Tesco, but they only seem to have the cheese and ham ones . From memory there used to be Pizza, Liver & bacon, and mushroom ones

Chicken and mushroom, my sister in law works there and has got me some supplies the last few weeks so it'll be on the list. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Not sure about burgers on brioche, but I went to an outdoor event last year and they had a bbq stall selling pulled pork and short ribs and the like. They were serving the meat on brioche buns and it was fucking lovely.

• Downvote 1