You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (h) 26/9/15

an tha

Angry after a win?

'kin hell.

Yes dear, I am angry. I've just watched a god awful team take us to the wire. We can NOT play 3 at the back - we don't know how to play it and we haven't got the personnel

I'm angry that the manager can't see that some of the worst teams in the country can score easily against us

I'm angry that the manager doesn't know how to solve this problem

I'm angry that almost every shit striker who can't score against anyone else will score against us

Im angry that the team from the 4th division who we struggled to beat the other night just got beat by bottom of the league at home

How did that pile of shite score 2.

Fucking awful at the back again.

I can't get personal but what a truly awful manager we have.

No signs of defensive improvement and this persistence with 3 at the back with 2 defenders and a midfielder is beyond a joke.

Been a while since I have been so angry after a win

prob better than 2 cbs

Yes dear, I am angry. I've just watched a god awful team take us to the wire. We can NOT play 3 at the back - we don't know how to play it and we haven't got the personnel

I'm angry that the manager can't see that some of the worst teams in the country can score easily against us

I'm angry that the manager doesn't know how to solve this problem

I'm angry that almost every shit striker who can't score against anyone else will score against us

Im angry that the team from the 4th division who we struggled to beat the other night just got beat by bottom of the league at home

You're a bit weird.

Best result for us, a narrow win against a truly poor side. Awful the CB's again. Should have no bearing on the managers situation at all. He is a dead man walking. Cannot stand the man.

Thought Ings worked well with Sturridge although he should have scored. Be interesting to see where and if Benteke plays in a more fluid set up.

Lucas is and always has been proper shit.

Pull yer head out of the sand, praising lucas is the very definition of trying to polish a turd.

I'm not a big Lucas fan but we would have lost today without him, only player with any defensive attributes in the team.

I'd put him in the back 3 before can that's how much of a fuck up Brendan is making of this defence

It's inexcusable now.

• Upvote 1

I probably am

Would you like to discuss the football or return to personal insults ?

I don't see why you're still angry about the Carlisle match. Move on, old bean.

As for being taken to the wire. Maybe. Maybe not. We were in control in the last 15-20 minutes and Villa scored a very good second goal from an almighty leap from Gestede. The defence wasn't top class, but it wasn't all over the place either. Second goal was more down to good attacking play. The first one was poor from the full back not stopping the cross. How having two centre backs instead of 3 would have prevented that goal or enabled the full back to do his job properly isn't clear to me.

We created a hatful of chances today. If Sturridge was a further 2 or so games ahead in fitness he'd have, in my opinion, he'd have had a bit more pace to get away from players and could've had more goals. Guan pulled off a great save from him. Clyne was prevented from scoring by a great block by Amavi. Milner could've had a couple.

Yes, it was 3-2, but it's no exaggeration to say we could've had 5 or 6.

Still much work to do. And I'm not convinced that Rodgers has the tools to do what's needed. But, a better attacking performance, another bit of game time for Sturridge and 2 goals too, plus the little flickers of a partnership forming between Ings and Sturridge makes me anything but angry and I'd rather take the positives from today's game, given that we've had a fair few negatives lately.

Hopefully we can build on this win. Not sure if we will. But I'll enjoy the 3 points and see what happens.

I don't see why you're still angry about the Carlisle match. Move on, old bean.

As for being taken to the wire. Maybe. Maybe not. We were in control in the last 15-20 minutes and Villa scored a very good second goal from an almighty leap from Gestede. The defence wasn't top class, but it wasn't all over the place either. Second goal was more down to good attacking play. The first one was poor from the full back not stopping the cross. How having two centre backs instead of 3 would have prevented that goal or enabled the full back to do his job properly isn't clear to me.

We created a hatful of chances today. If Sturridge was a further 2 or so games ahead in fitness he'd have, in my opinion, he'd have had a bit more pace to get away from players and could've had more goals. Guan pulled off a great save from him. Clyne was prevented from scoring by a great block by Amavi. Milner could've had a couple.

Yes, it was 3-2, but it's no exaggeration to say we could've had 5 or 6.

Still much work to do. And I'm not convinced that Rodgers has the tools to do what's needed. But, a better attacking performance, another bit of game time for Sturridge and 2 goals too, plus the little flickers of a partnership forming between Ings and Sturridge makes me anything but angry and I'd rather take the positives from today's game, given that we've had a fair few negatives lately.

Hopefully we can build on this win. Not sure if we will. But I'll enjoy the 3 points and see what happens.

It,s the 3 at the back it clearly doesn't work

We are conceding record amounts of goals.

There was an instance in the first half when clyne bombed forward .... Their goalie got the ball and they broke quickly. Grealish got the ball and went past Can (who had come to cover at right back) like he wasn't there that left them 3 on 2 with skirts and Sakho on opposite sides of the pitch Moreno was still chasing back

Only grealish's inexperience saved us as he checked and went back outside.

I can honestly say I have played at a level as equal as liverpools defence and I could organise it better than the useless cunts in there at the minute

I like skrtl. He gives his all but truth be told he's very fucking average and gets dragged out of position.

Sakho is pretty shit. Despite the hype he is a posh djimi Traore. Moments of brilliance moments of madness.

Loren is the worst defender this club has ever had.

Moreno can't defend to save his life

Clyne is a good player but we will destroy him as not only is he expected to defend but to be our right winger

Pick four defenders to defend.

Pick four midfielders to attack and defend

Pick 2 attackers to attack

That's how u win games

Brendan Rodgers accused outsiders of trying to undermine him by claiming they are whipping up "hysteria" to try and get him the sack.

The under-pressure Liverpool manager recorded a first win in seven games as Aston Villa were defeated 3-2 on Saturday, and the Northern Irishman is confident he has his players' backing.

But he feels others are trying to destabilise him and the club as he argued that Liverpool's results compare favourably with those of many of their rivals.

"I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don't want me here," he said in a news conference.

"In all competitions, we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal. The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note.

"Sometimes we haven't [even] lost games and the hysteria around it is pretty clear. There is maybe something else going on from behind."

Asked if he meant behind the scenes at Anfield, Rodgers clarified: "I am talking about people outside here. I never worried about the players. They have been absolutely brilliant."

http://www.espnfc.co...me-at-liverpool

5 at the back and Lucas who plays 2 yards ahead of the CBs is not a recipe for a fluid attacking side. Lucas had a better than usual game today, though as usual he fell short when a Villa player walked past him on the right to deliver a cross for one of their goals. We were poor, they were poorer thank fuck.

Brendan Rodgers accused outsiders of trying to undermine him by claiming they are whipping up "hysteria" to try and get him the sack.

The under-pressure Liverpool manager recorded a first win in seven games as Aston Villa were defeated 3-2 on Saturday, and the Northern Irishman is confident he has his players' backing.

But he feels others are trying to destabilise him and the club as he argued that Liverpool's results compare favourably with those of many of their rivals.

"I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don't want me here," he said in a news conference.

"In all competitions, we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal. The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note.

"Sometimes we haven't [even] lost games and the hysteria around it is pretty clear. There is maybe something else going on from behind."

Asked if he meant behind the scenes at Anfield, Rodgers clarified: "I am talking about people outside here. I never worried about the players. They have been absolutely brilliant."

http://www.espnfc.co...me-at-liverpool

Makes sense .......

All those clubs who hate us - seeing us do shit, want us to replace the reason we are doing shit ?