You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (h) 26/9/15

an tha

Anyone give a shit anymore? Match threads getting started the day before is always a bad sign!

I feel for those paying to see this dross served up.

Brave draw, things on the up. We're already 178978799% better off now Lovren is injured, and I'm not one for exaggerating.

Ingsinho with a goal.

• Upvote 1

Brendan has shown a capacity to pull himself back from the brink before, and I think he will do it in this game. Villa are truly terrible, their side vastly different to the one that defeated us at Wembley.

A 1-0 win, followed by a similar result against Sion, and he will claim that he never knew what all the fuss was about.

I predict that this will start brightly with an inability to ask for any more from the group, with dashings of just lacking that wee bit of looking like we have a clue, and some spells of suicidal ideation as we move through the late afternoon. Expect a sharp drop in temperature by evening with some outstanding middle management jargon expected around 6pm.

• Upvote 8

We'll be 3-0 up in 20 minutes and cruise the rest of the game.

Which, in a strange way, will be tinged with dissapointment that the saga will roll on     

Have a feeling it'll turn out exactly like this.

We'll get a good win tomorrow and the same midweek.

There'll be the usual corner turned bollox coming from Rodgers and a few players plus some of the fanbase will start feeling positive about Rodgers again.

Then we'll get beat by Everton the following Sunday and back to square one. 

Brendan has shown a capacity to pull himself back from the brink before, and I think he will do it in this game. Villa are truly terrible, their side vastly different to the one that defeated us at Wembley.

A 1-0 win, followed by a similar result against Sion, and he will claim that he never knew what all the fuss was about.

Haven't watched Villa this year but they must be bad if they're any worse than last year cause that Villa side was utter shite.  Arsenal showed them up for what they were in the final with big static Ben stinking the place out.

Villa haven't lost at Anfield since 2010.. The best I can see us getting is a draw. They have pace and that will fuck us right up. Sturridge up front with Ings on the left/right wing.. Same shit different game. If we do lose... They have to pull the trigger, they are just taking the piss if they don't.

If Gestede is playing I think he will do some damage to us. Villa are a poor side at the moment, and Sherwood is being revealed for what he is i.e. not all that. He can come in and get a reaction, but there's no real substance or style there to be able to build something. But with that said, he still has a bit of a record against us, and I think Gestede is the man to hurt us.

We are at the end of the line with Rodgers. There's no oomph in the place. Even if we somehow manage to get a result here, it will only delay the inevitable. There's no clear direction or style in our play, and it all needs a spark to kick it into life. 

Klopp for me. I'd be happy with Ancelotti as he obviously knows his stuff, but I just get the impression that instead of a regal statesman like Ancelotti, we might be better served with someone like Klopp.