You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

80's TV shows

Sugar Ape

I vaguely remember seeing that on TV back then too. His eyes would glow yellow like fire or something.

His eyes went all yellow & his head buldged, he could run really fast & jump over walls but it was killing him. It was quite mental when I was 6 or whatever.

I loved tripods as a kid

Tripods was absolutely superb.  People getting Capped all over the shop like it was South Central LA.

Used to love this as a kid as well.

Then when a little bit older this bollocks, with one of television's finest ever so shit its great soundtracks:

Remember playing it to the other half years ago and her saying it was just shit shit.  Didn't speak to her for hours the bastard. 

And the old classic Auf Wiedersehen, Pet was a Friday night ritual.

• Upvote 1

It would probably be a better thread if the shows mentioned were a little more obscure. I'm sure we have an 80s TV thread on the GF already as I've posted stuff about the likes of Street Hawk and Miami Vice before.

Television South West era Gus Honeybun?  I was into him well before anyone else was...

In reality he ruined every summer holiday when I had to go down and stay at my Nan's he did, the shit fucking cunt.  Sometimes nostalgia seriously plays tricks as to how much better television used to be generally.

Used to love the Hulk TV Series. I remember there was an episode called "The other" where David Banner found that there was a scientist who had injected similar gamma rays he had absorbed into some old caretaker. The other hulk was scary, dead tall, mad hair and big teeth. There was a scene where he was trying to get a gate off a mine as he was trapped in it. Me and my brother had proper nightmares for weeks after it.

Guest Super Sub

I used to love V in the early 80's but never actually watched a full episode of it cause it scared the shit out of me. I would watch until they stripped into their lizard skin and then it would have to get turned off.

Loved this late night piece of shit. An aging Lee Van Cleef as a ninja trying to find his daughter with the help of some headstrong young man whilst special Japanese ninjas try to kill him. Whenever called upon to do his ninja shit Lee Van Cleef would put on a balaclava because that is the way of the ninja (and because he was in his 60s and could barely move and hence made it easier to use a stuntman)

• Upvote 1