You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wesley Sneijder

Fowlers God

Guest San Don
Why would Sneijder take a massive paycut to sign for us when he can just lower his wages and stay where he is?

I'd say because he's likely past the point of no return with Inter.

But you are right, if he ever did half his wages then shurely the two manc clubs, spurs and other CL clubs would be in for him?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Sneijder take a massive paycut to sign for us when he can just lower his wages and stay where he is?

Sneijder's problem with Inter is that they want to renege on the terms of the contract all parties agreed to when he first joined the club. They want him to sign a new contract to replace his current one, on vastly reduced terms, and they've gone about trying to coerce him to agree the deal by excluding him from the squad, saying he will only be picked once he signs it. He could do a Winston Bogarde and sit on his arse for the rest of his contract while collecting a fortune, but I do get the feeling he would rather be playing. I understand he has quite an ego too, so while any deal he signs with another club will be less than his Inter deal, it won't be that heavily discounted because he'll still want to be amongst - if not the - top earners. Either way, he feels marginalised at Inter so won't want to stay at the club.

I'd say because he's likely past the point of no return with Inter.

But you are right, if he ever did half his wages then shurely the two manc clubs, spurs and other CL clubs would be in for him?

Dont think there are all that many options for him to be honest.

I dont think the other top clubs in England are in the market for that type of player. Utd have plenty for the role he'd have in their team. Spurs too plus they have just tied up funds in Holtby. City, Chelsea and Arsenal are all sorted there too.

Looking (trying to at least) at it rationally, we really seem like the best bet in England for him.

I don't think it will happen for a number of reasons, but the club is at least giving the appearance that they're interested in signing him.

It's got a very Evertonish feel to it though, 'look we want to sign top players but he wouldn't take a 60% pay cut, damn'

I just can't see how on earth he would take such a pay cut to come to us so I'm quite surprised we seem to be wasting our time on it.

I've looked at Gazzetta, Corriere, Calciomercato and there is nothing about our alleged offer for Coutinho or about Sneijder. strange...

What are you trying to say, that we are using it as a way of flushing out Tom Ince. How very dare you...........

I'm choosing to treat this as shite unless it's actually announced.

Surely he'd stay put for a little less money at Inter then take a huge wage cut to join us.

I think even the Gala contract was far less than his current Inter deal - so I presume he is prepared, professional pride and all that.

But - I only want a hungry Wesley Sneijder, one who is looking to revive his career.

The more I think about this the more I think it's a no brainer to offer him a deal capped with a big bonus if he helps us into a ECL place. That's his professional and financial aspirations taken care of and more importantly it's the club's aspirations for the season taken care of. We still need attacking options and Suso, Sterling, Jonjo & Assaidi aren't going to give us enough this season for that push for top 4. Sneijder just might.

If was can get him the top 4 is definitely on!! Fuck it why not? Do it the united way, score a hell of a lot more than we concede and fucking go for i!!

(Sorry for the over the top optimism but I'm still buzzing after the performance and seeing Stevie on the box his morning)

[YOUTUBE]owyIiBF5R7k[/YOUTUBE]

Gary Mac literally licking his lips (0.40) at the prospect of signing him. I think he would be a great addition to the squad and I hope we are doing everything in our power to convince him to come to Anfield. With the amount of young midfielders in the side at the moment, Sneijder will provide great experience and also someone for the younger lads to learn from.

He is 28, on massive wages, has not played much football in the last few years.

I think we should avoid!

Big name, if he got back to his best then he'd be great, but there is just as much chance he could be another Joe Cole.

It is a no from me!