You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ATK Thread

Guest alantkayll

Alan, thank for this piece in full. I did retract my erroneous claim that only Werner and Henry came over to watch us play, made in good faith.

I agree with your assessment of FSG, and it reinforces that which I hear personally from jouro friends and some associated with the club in varying capacities.

What baffles me is that FSG are smart successful businessmen.The normal practise would be to appoint the biggest beast in the jungle you can find as your CEO, a man who knows the territory - and that is not Ian Ayre. Given the money that they have wasted elsewhere it is baffling that they have not.

Your broad take that they are innocents abroad rang true. I know two men who used to own clubs that have played in the PL, Brits, good guys, but with no previous football experience - everyone ran rings around them by their own admission. How much more difficult it must be for foreigners.

You mentioned the ST list and that you had "sorted" it. I understood that the first 25k of the 70k list only had been rationalised - what is the true picture?

Your view that we were a million miles away on the stadium again rang true.

Thanks once again for your thoughts.

You don't half chat some absolute shit.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alantkayll
Alan, thank for this piece in full. I did retract my erroneous claim that only Werner and Henry came over to watch us play, made in good faith.

I agree with your assessment of FSG, and it reinforces that which I hear personally from jouro friends and some associated with the club in varying capacities.

What baffles me is that FSG are smart successful businessmen.The normal practise would be to appoint the biggest beast in the jungle you can find as your CEO, a man who knows the territory - and that is not Ian Ayre. Given the money that they have wasted elsewhere it is baffling that they have not.

Your broad take that they are innocents abroad rang true. I know two men who used to own clubs that have played in the PL, Brits, good guys, but with no previous football experience - everyone ran rings around them by their own admission. How much more difficult it must be for foreigners.

You mentioned the ST list and that you had "sorted" it. I understood that the first 25k of the 70k list only had been rationalised - what is the true picture?

Your view that we were a million miles away on the stadium again rang true.

Thanks once again for your thoughts.

The ST waiting list really is/was a mess.

We were due to play Aston Villa in a home midweek game and everybody could tell it was never going to sell out. I contacted them and said its not going to sell out so why not put 4,000/5,000 tickets on sale to under 18's at £20, this coming after the success of the Utrecht game.

I received an email the following day saying they had been told ticket sales were poor, but how can that be so when we have a ST waiting list of 70,000.

I pissed myself laughing and like most people would, told them that the list was a myth, within 48 hours they replied with "whoever wrote that list must have had a feather in the pen its that old".

I told them(which they probably knew) that it needs sorting because how will they ever get a true reflection on what size stadium to build.

They set about sorting it out as you have seen, i was then told 2,500 ST would be made available as they would rather have the money in than a shortfall of 2,500 per game.

I have no exact figures of how many are on the list, but with the stadium issue still not resolved its still good enough for the people who are giving them up.

The redevelopment of Anfield would raise the capacity to 63,000, a new build can only be 60,000 due to PP.

I was asked my views on what could happen on a match day. Questions like what time would supporters get to the stadium, what time would they leave?

My answer was always, treat them with respect, give them cold beer and good food at decent prices, have the Horse racing on/football etc, have a subway,Burger King, KFC etc, but one important point was that supporters had to have access to all areas. If you are sitting in one stand and a mate in others you are not going to go in early, but if its open then fans will come in, again all down to price and service.

They never hid behind the fact of naming rights and i was also asked about joint stadium. I know they never liked my answer but they have no idea on how the two sets of supporters feel about each other, whilst it made sense to

them they realize its a dead horse. Werner even said its dead in the Telegraph.

Trying to explain what i believe fans want was something i enjoyed, for decades the club has treated the fan base poorly, its never given them what they ask for, merchandise was something i spoke about, as many people know trying to purchase something without looking like a viking was hard to do, i constantly mentioned that instead of taxing fans with charges to phone lines, admin fees they could make a hell of a lot more money if they gave us something to spend our money on.

Spoke at length about giving the fans a chance to pay for ST by DD but they went with that firm which i think was wrong and should have been done in house.

SOS are also doing the right thing over Thomas Crook, its about time this issue was brought out in the public domain.

Hope this answers some questions.

Guest alantkayll
Nice one Alan,

I think i started a thread about you, but I'm not sure it was the one you're referring to in your OP.

You've always seemed like a straight talker to me. So, was it Heaton and TAW crew who turned the screw on you?

No idea, and its done and dusted now, not nice but to be expected i suppose. Doing the things for NESN and getting to go in the press box was the worst mistake i made, it was no place for me.

Guest alantkayll
Are you aware of how mental code is now? The project is now almost at an end.

I know Frode met him a good few times, I have to say he is round the bend.

I read that BNP thread, and I have to say those quotes are pretty damning. There is no way I could believe you were on a "wind-up," and I'm sure many other people would feel the same.

However, in the grand scheme of things, we're nobodies. We're not your friends or family, and it's right that you're fronting up to this.

You would have obviously known about that thread for a while, as you have loads of mates on here, so why have you chosen now as the time to respond, and not when the proverbial hit the fan?

one important point was that supporters had to have access to all areas. If you are sitting in one stand and a mate in others you are not going to go in early, but if its open then fans will come in, again all down to price and service.

The highlighted passage is an excellent one- and seldom made.It can also be delivered in a way that a new stadium/Anfield Plaza can, but a two stand redevelopment cannot.

I have been to all the PL grounds , and two thirds of the league grounds overall. What sets Anfield apart is the number of people who are milling around the area around the ground three hours before kick off, matched only by OT.

The following demonstrates what money can be made. At the Emirates they broadcast ATV interviews as well as results from the screens in the concourses by the food outlets after the game has finished. On average, 20,000 people buy £7 worth of food and drink in the 30 minutes after the final whistle ( in addition to corporate sales). That is an extra £140,000 AFTER the match has finished.

Guest alantkayll
I read that BNP thread, and I have to say those quotes are pretty damning. There is no way I could believe you were on a "wind-up," and I'm sure many other people would feel the same.

However, in the grand scheme of things, we're nobodies. We're not your friends or family, and it's right that you're fronting up to this.

You would have obviously known about that thread for a while, as you have loads of mates on here, so why have you chosen now as the time to respond, and not when the proverbial hit the fan?

Many reasons but the main one being i have moved house and only now have access. I trawled through the thread last night for the first time and thought some things said were wrong. I have to say i enjoy not being on here because it truly is a mad fan base and full of misguided posts.

I'm off to do more important things like getting a job, but i felt i needed to defend myself. I have never voted for that party and I'll put my kids up against that, in fact i can't remember the last time i voted as they're all cunts.

Guest San Don
The ST waiting list really is/was a mess.

We were due to play Aston Villa in a home midweek game and everybody could tell it was never going to sell out. I contacted them and said its not going to sell out so why not put 4,000/5,000 tickets on sale to under 18's at £20, this coming after the success of the Utrecht game.

I received an email the following day saying they had been told ticket sales were poor, but how can that be so when we have a ST waiting list of 70,000.

I pissed myself laughing and like most people would, told them that the list was a myth, within 48 hours they replied with "whoever wrote that list must have had a feather in the pen its that old".

I told them(which they probably knew) that it needs sorting because how will they ever get a true reflection on what size stadium to build.

They set about sorting it out as you have seen, i was then told 2,500 ST would be made available as they would rather have the money in than a shortfall of 2,500 per game.

I have no exact figures of how many are on the list, but with the stadium issue still not resolved its still good enough for the people who are giving them up.

The redevelopment of Anfield would raise the capacity to 63,000, a new build can only be 60,000 due to PP.

I was asked my views on what could happen on a match day. Questions like what time would supporters get to the stadium, what time would they leave?

My answer was always, treat them with respect, give them cold beer and good food at decent prices, have the Horse racing on/football etc, have a subway,Burger King, KFC etc, but one important point was that supporters had to have access to all areas. If you are sitting in one stand and a mate in others you are not going to go in early, but if its open then fans will come in, again all down to price and service.

They never hid behind the fact of naming rights and i was also asked about joint stadium. I know they never liked my answer but they have no idea on how the two sets of supporters feel about each other, whilst it made sense to

them they realize its a dead horse. Werner even said its dead in the Telegraph.

Trying to explain what i believe fans want was something i enjoyed, for decades the club has treated the fan base poorly, its never given them what they ask for, merchandise was something i spoke about, as many people know trying to purchase something without looking like a viking was hard to do, i constantly mentioned that instead of taxing fans with charges to phone lines, admin fees they could make a hell of a lot more money if they gave us something to spend our money on.

Spoke at length about giving the fans a chance to pay for ST by DD but they went with that firm which i think was wrong and should have been done in house.

SOS are also doing the right thing over Thomas Crook, its about time this issue was brought out in the public domain.

Hope this answers some questions.

I just have trouble understanding how someone with no involvement with football administration can get these things 'sorted.'

I mean, even Dein would have a hard time getting these things done.

So I suppose that Noos is the most racist, bigoted, oppressive, man you have ever come across then ?. As if you did not know him and know he loves playing to the crowd, reeling people in and paying outrageous things for a laugh reading his posts would lead you to that conclusion. ATK has been posting on here for years and anyone who knows him and his posting style its plain as day he wrote that stuff for a reaction not because it was true, as I say if you don't know him it may be hard to believe, but then if you don't know him, should you really be passing judgement ?

So I suppose that Noos is the most racist, bigoted, oppressive, man you have ever come across then ?. As if you did not know him and know he loves playing to the crowd, reeling people in and paying outrageous things for a laugh reading his posts would lead you to that conclusion.

Noos is a racist and a bigot....oh wait...he's just on a wind up? That's alright then, what a hoot.

Nothing gets the crowd laughing like a racist joke.

Noos is a racist and a bigot....oh wait...he's just on a wind up? That's alright then, what a hoot.

Nothing gets the crowd laughing like a racist joke.

Except at no point did I suggest it was funny, or condone it, I can't believe a man of your considerable intellect has missed the point I made completely, have another little read.

Racism is funny. It is.

For fucks sake, how can anyone in this country be racist, you've got to try pretty hard to be proper racist these days. You may as well say you're a pirate, that's how old school it is.

People who have too much time on their hands if they get upset about racism in Britain in 2012. Waaaay too much time.

Racism is funny. It is.

For fucks sake, how can anyone in this country be racist, you've got to try pretty hard to be proper racist these days. You may as well say you're a pirate, that's how old school it is.

People who have too much time on their hands if they get upset about racism in Britain in 2012. Waaaay too much time.

This is a strange post, I think it's best if it's by and large ignored.

I have met many members of FSG and I read on here by I think Xeres that only Werner and Henry have only been here, that is not the case as Ginsberg was over every single month for the first year.

I believe there is a genuine love of Liverpool by them but they have no idea how football works. I suppose its like buying a house, you visit it look around have a genuine love of the place, buy it then when you get the keys and have a real look around you discover faults you never believed were there.

They're problem is they do not have their own person here who understands football, in my opinion they don't know who to trust or believe in. They were naive in thinking FFP was going to happen(again it was sold to them) and now they're in an awkward position.

They are tackling an incredible wage bill, its amazing how much rubbish is spoken on the internet regarding wages. Facts are Aquilani was costing the club £6.5m a year, no ifs,buts or maybe's pure fact. Maxi was costing £5.5m a year, and the wages some players are on is frightening. And for the lies spread about Carragher the truth and 100% fact is he earns 60k a week and got that the day before the owners arrived from the 40k he had been on for donkey's years.

All in all they inherited a complete shambles of a club, but i believe they do not have enough experienced people within the club who understand football. Many times i would say have time with David Dein he is a real administrator, and he was at the game v Blackburn away and the home game before, but he was never consulted i am told.

They believe they can turn it around but I am not as optimistic, Liverpool FC is an institution not a play thing, it needs strong management but lacks it.

Would they sell? I have no idea, but they say they're here for the long term and its hard to turn a battleship around. We have no debt which is a good thing but we have no funds to back the manager as its all gone on paying people off.

We are a million miles away, this was a response i was always given regarding the stadium issue.

Regarding Rodgers I have no idea who he is signing, i very rarely asked about players.

I thought Rafa gave him a 90k a week contract in 2007?

And I'm not having a dig at him as I've not read him getting abuse. I'm shocked he was on 40k a week though.

Hahah I work in a ticket office myself, there is no way that the credit companies would let a football club do that. The moment we decided to try it, credit companies were competing to get us to join them and making our job a lot harder.

Then they rip the fans off admin fees. Its a joke.

No dispresect to ATK, but if our owners are taking advice from a fan on how to sort season tickets and how to sell out a stadium (the villa game Alan just mentioned) then FSG are starting to worry me.

Alan does admit that they need a CEO/managing director with extensive football knowledge, I.e Dien, but they seem to be ignoring this whilst allowing Alan to 'manage' some of our revenue streams (season tickets, admin fees and prices for match day tickets)

They have spent money in the transfer market, brought in huge invest from sponsorships and we all know they aren't mugs, but this info Alan has given us is worrying.

The ideas Alan gave about the Utrecht game and villa game should have been thought up by someone within the revenue and sales department. In my opinion FSG shouldn't be getting their financial ideas from a fan.

This is a strange post, I think it's best if it's by and large ignored.

I know I'm about to dig myself a hole here.... hell here goes.

TBH, i think funnneee point, racism in Britain 2012 is not on par to racism in the US & SA during apartheid, separate toilets, libraries etc..) most of today comments is more around PC than racism.

I know that may not make complete sense, as racism is racism regardless. Which i would fully agree. Unfortunately you do get people who comment on things not releasing it as a racial undertone, does that style of comment really make that person a racist? Some people laugh, some people laugh with nerves.

Very worrying reading

Nice to have you back atk, albeit briefly

FSG need to get someone in now, someone willing to move to Merseyside and get to work on sorting the shite out.

I honestly thought we'd seen the back of all this nonsense but alas I fear we might be heading down the same road we've been down before

No dispresect to ATK, but if our owners are taking advice from a fan on how to sort season tickets and how to sell out a stadium (the villa game Alan just mentioned) then FSG are starting to worry me.

Alan does admit that they need a CEO/managing director with extensive football knowledge, I.e Dien, but they seem to be ignoring this whilst allowing Alan to 'manage' some of our revenue streams (season tickets, admin fees and prices for match day tickets)

They have spent money in the transfer market, brought in huge invest from sponsorships and we all know they aren't mugs, but this info Alan has given us is worrying.

The ideas Alan gave about the Utrecht game and villa game should have been thought up by someone within the revenue and sales department. In my opinion FSG shouldn't be getting their financial ideas from a fan.

Agreed 100%.

FSG turning to fans for advice is part of the problem, not part of the solution.