You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ATK Thread

Guest alantkayll

I'd believe Carra's only on 60 grand. I've never seen a figure quoted for his wages and if it was something mad like 100 grand a week or whatever I'd bet it would have been reported many times over.

Same logic applies to Aquilani though, theres no way that guy was making 125 grand a week. Just no way in hell.

I'm going to do my own patented FACT move now too.

FACT!!! Mofos!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it's not funny or clever, and it's not something i'd ever do but it doesn't however make you racist, again I''m referring to someone I know though, so my view maybe tainted.

I'm not sure, Zek.

I sometimes wonder what the difference between "racial" and "racist" is. Pretty convenient boundary in some respects.

I'm sure the '70s/'80s TV show "Love Thy Neighbour" could now easily wear the liberalist tag of being "racist" humour, even though the black guy in it also took the piss out of the white guy for being white.

Whereas that Ali G and Borat bloke, even though he constantly uses racial exaggerations and stereotypes in his jokes, is probably considered witty and bitingly satirical rather than racist... perhaps because he went to Cambridge and is no doubt "liberalist" and cool and Ben Elton-ish.

"Allo Allo" and "Dad's Army" were comedy shows that draw much of their humour from Hitler's ambitions and intentions.

Racist, the lot of these? Some funny and some not? None of them funny? Or conveniently judge them on an individual, supposedly intellectual basis?

Personally, I reckon there's a lot more problems in the world... like paedophiles getting let out of jail early and being "relocated" to other communities for their own and the previous communities safety... than funny or unfunny "jokes" about skin colour, nationality or religion.

I'd almost be happy to laugh at one of those jokes, if it meant a "rehabilitated" kiddy-fiddler didn't turn up in my street.

Personally, I reckon there's a lot more problems in the world... like paedophiles getting let out of jail early and being "relocated" to other communities for their own and the previous communities safety... than funny or unfunny "jokes" about skin colour, nationality or religion.

Let's let casual racism and bigotry slide because there's paedophiles about. Excellent.

I'd believe Carra's only on 60 grand. I've never seen a figure quoted for his wages and if it was something mad like 100 grand a week or whatever I'd bet it would have been reported many times over.

Same logic applies to Aquilani though, theres no way that guy was making 125 grand a week. Just no way in hell.

I'm going to do my own patented FACT move now too.

FACT!!! Mofos!

Often read on RAWK, Carra on 90K.... that's RAWK for ya thou.

Let's let casual racism and bigotry slide because there's paedophiles about. Excellent.

I love how you take the final bit of my post, and omit the "discussion" bit of my previous 5 paragraphs, to simply keep peddling and parroting your own agenda, Major.

That's contextually "excellent" too, mate.

I love how you take the final bit of my post, and omit the "discussion" bit of my previous 5 paragraphs, to simply keep peddling and parroting your own agenda, Major.

That's contextually "excellent" too, mate.

It wasn't taken out of context at all, Skaro. That last para basically summed up your post. From how I read it anyway.

As far as an peddling and parrotting an agenda is concerned, I don't really have one to peddle or parrot. Except I oppose racism in any form; overt, covert, casual, anything. So, if you have a problem with that agenda, I invite you to take a very long walk of a very short plank.

Now, if you don't mind, I need to get back to cheering on our 1500m runner to gold in order to catch you Ockers on the medal table.

They did consult Tomkins to analyse some stuff for JWH, so they did have a wide range of experts, I guess!. Just surprised Code never got the call, now that would have been fun to hear about, sell everybody, buy Xabi and some Norwegian kids.

Can you imagine one of the owners contacting me?

It wasn't taken out of context at all, Skaro. That last para basically summed up your post. From how I read it anyway.

As far as an peddling and parrotting an agenda is concerned, I don't really have one to peddle or parrot. Except I oppose racism in any form; overt, covert, casual, anything. So, if you have a problem with that agenda, I invite you to take a very long walk of a very short plank.

Now, if you don't mind, I need to get back to cheering on our 1500m runner to gold in order to catch you Ockers on the medal table.

Oh, racist crusader one minute.

Piss-ant 1500m race couch potato the next.

Yeah, I think I'll go walk the plank.

Couldn't possibly hope to compete with one so complex and eclectic. :whistle:

Highly flawed syllogistic reasoning, which is about his level, might suggest so.

It's a huge stretch I know, buy aren't most of his opinions?

Live by the sword, die by the sword as the say. Or the plank, as the case may be.

There are however extenuating circumstances that may grant him a stay. He is from New Zealand.

He wasn't on £125k a week,

he was on approx £ 80k a week,

we've just agreed to give Aquilani £1.7m a year (for 2 years) to supplement him taking a pay cut in joining Fiorentina

Those figures sound about right but has anyone actually said he's on £125k a week? What's been said is that he "costs us" £125k a week which is a different thing altogether.

Take his £17m price,add his wages for 5 years,then deduct the wages covered when he was off on loan and divide by the number of weeks in his contract and hey presto he's costing us £125k a week and nobody's actually lied when leaking the figure for whatever reason.

By the same token Carroll is costing us about £220k a week.

Those figures sound about right but has anyone actually said he's on £125k a week? What's been said is that he "costs us" £125k a week which is a different thing altogether.

Take his £17m price,add his wages for 5 years,then deduct the wages covered when he was off on loan and divide by the number of weeks in his contract and hey presto he's costing us £125k a week and nobody's actually lied when leaking the figure for whatever reason.

Bingo. Great bit of spin, though.

Your assuming that those clubs paid all his his wages though aws.

How do we know that happened?

Bloody hell aws I just reread it and you are right it has been compared to a player who came through the ranks, ie Jamie. So take the transfer fee add wages and compare and contrast to academy product who didn't cost anything, my word how pathetically misleading....

Bascombe.

The Italian’s lucrative contract equates to around £6.5 million a year, an expense which has only been reduced in recent years thanks to loan deals. He spent last year at AC Milan and has also been loaned to Juventus in the past.

To put it into perspective, the £125,000 a week he is currently costing the Anfield club double what Anfield stalwart Jamie Carragher earns.

Highly flawed syllogistic reasoning, which is about his level, might suggest so.

It's a huge stretch I know, buy aren't most of his opinions?

Live by the sword, die by the sword as the say. Or the plank, as the case may be.

There are however extenuating circumstances that may grant him a stay. He is from New Zealand.

Who is from New Zealand? Jesus, how awful.

All you people need girl friends or wives or boy friends or something coz you are seriously fucking mad going over the minutiae of wage packets, particularly when the sums are all so out of kilter as to take the piss out of every one of us.

He was on £6.5 million a seaon here which works out at roughly £125k a week. It also said it as his salary at Anfield. It isnt wrote as a according to sauces or rumored to be either. The Echo wouldnt say it without being sure about it.