You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ATK Thread

Guest alantkayll

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf are the owners doing turning to Internet nobodies for advice, even if it's not sought what are they doing giving it the time of day.

No disrespect to this Alan guy but if you have the clubs best interests at heart, take a step back and inform those who need to know that your in no position to be giving up solutions.

Just read the thread about me, and its pretty much "fuck me they done a great job on me".

I'd like to have my say on this. I have never been behind the shit Andy Heaton got, I hide behind nobody if I have something to say, I say it under my own name. I spoke to Andy, and it was left ok, before he got his shit, but what got said about me was people believing i had done Andy, which was wrong.

I honestly don't care about the person's who gave Charlie Sale the ammunition(and its obvious who did). but if it was in response to what happened to Andy it was wrong. It was not me.

There is a lot of talk about me being close to Tom Werner and being a puppet for them. Again lies.

I have spoken to him for over a year, and I am probably the biggest pain in the arse he has met.

I personally sorted the free kids in for the Utrecht game, I sorted out the mess that was the season ticket list, I sorted out dropping the admin fee from £50 down to £20 for ST holders to pay at the window, I still complain over it being that amount.

I have never stopped moaning about how fans are treated, I moaned about the five hour wait for Carling Cup tickets at Anfield. Maybe that is why certain people inside Anfield hate me because every time things are brought up in board meetings my name is mentioned.

These are facts, people on here including Dave have always known what I have been doing.

People can have a go at me all they like, but I have fought long and hard for our supporters, and continue to do so.

I was never paid by NESN, I asked if I could do it so I got in the game for nothing as I have not worked since Feb.

I would also like to say I have never voted or been a member of the BNP in my life, the thread was a wind up, but I can't argue because the quotes are there.

Plenty of people have got their wish regarding me, but will anybody fight for supporters rights like I have?

Good luck to LFC and some posters.

Alan Kayll

Fair play Alan. I didn't like the way you used to go for Rafa all the time - time has shown he was far from the problem at the club - but well done for sticking up for the fans.

I reckon carra is on about 200 grand a week but aquilani was only on about 180 pound a week with about 30 percent of his wages going out in charitable standing orders for the deaf, the blind, starving children and abused animals.

That's pretty close to what is being proposed in the OP, except the "bad" and "good" guy's have been swapped.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If you think they're not taking advice from many people, you're out of your mind. ATK is, I suspect, little more than an excuse to use the line 'fans wanted' or 'we spoke to fans', etc.

That's pretty close to what is being proposed in the OP, except the "bad" and "good" guy's have been swapped.

And that's the root of your problem and why you choose to believe what you choose.

It's all a game of protect the Rafa for some people. His statements on the wages make Rafa look like a bit of an idiot and Carragher like someone who could have got more money had he pushed it but didn't.

It doesn't fit the Rafa party line though.

And that's the root of your problem and why you choose to believe what you choose.

It's all a game of protect the Rafa for some people. His statements on the wages make Rafa look like a bit of an idiot and Carragher like someone who could have got more money had he pushed it but didn't.

When did Rafa ever have much to do with negotiating contracts anyway? It was Parry's job up till 2008 and then Purslow's in the horrendous last 18 months of G&H. Surely Purslow negotiated Aquilani's wage, not the manager.

It seems very strange Rick Parry would leave Carragher on less wages than the likes of Degen when the two of them got on well. When Carra got a contract in I think 2007, i'd have thought he'd have got the contract bump he'd have deserved for his performances over the previous few years under Rafa at centre back. He was one of the most consistent CB's around at that time.

But If the figures are true, then why did Purslow give Carragher a 33% increase in wages, with a two-year extension to age 35 - whilst the club was fighting for its future in court?

Well, it's very cute that you believe people are only capable of interpreting the world through their bizzare neurosis.

I don't think it's accurate because it would mean that, at a time we were short of money, Aquilani was given a wage that supplanted all but the two superstars at the club, but also dwarfed the superstar he was replacing. It's also suggested that from '99 - that is after becoming a mainstay in a treble winning side and developing into one of Europe's best CB - Carragher's contract terms stayed the exact same. In my opinion, that's simply not a credible claim.

Well, it's very cute that you believe people are only capable of interpreting the world through their bizzare neurosis.

I don't think it's accurate because it would mean that, at a time we were short of money, Aquilani was given a wage that supplanted all but the two superstars at the club, but also dwarfed the superstar he was replacing. It's also suggested that from '99 - that is after becoming a mainstay in a treble winning side and developing into one of Europe's best CB - Carragher's contract terms stayed the exact same. In my opinion, that's simply not a credible claim.

I think it's pretty clear you don't believe it because you simply don't want to.

If a copy of his actual contract was personally handed to some people in black and white them people would still not believe it because it doesn't suit their agendas.

That's what he was on end of. FACT.

I don't believe the claims about Aquilani or Carragher's wages.

I'm disappointed Kevin, not one mention of rubbing hands in this thread. It makes sense they would canvass fans views on their experience of going to the game, but I find it hard to fathom that it would extend to sharing private information about what Aquilani was earning. Unless they wanted to feed misinformation and use people.

Except at no point did I suggest it was funny, or condone it, I can't believe a man of your considerable intellect has missed the point I made completely, have another little read.

I guess I was responding to your post, but really talking in general. I realise you were not condoning it, just merely giving your view on it.

I think anyone who attempts to wind people up by making racist or bigoted remarks is either a) racist, b) bigoted, c) both, or d) too stupid to know better. It is not funny or clever on any level whatsoever.

Oh, and 'considerable intellect'? You have mistaken me for someone else.

No dispresect to ATK, but if our owners are taking advice from a fan on how to sort season tickets and how to sell out a stadium (the villa game Alan just mentioned) then FSG are starting to worry me.

To be fair, Alan is claiming nothing more than some exchanges of conversation, not that he is the de facto Ticket or New Stadium director, one of dozens of conversations I am sure.

With FSG picking this up from zero knowledge, the more people they speak to, the better.

The need for a heavyweight CEO is obvious.

I guess I was responding to your post, but really talking in general. I realise you were not condoning it, just merely giving your view on it.

I think anyone who attempts to wind people up by making racist or bigoted remarks is either a) racist, b) bigoted, c) both, or d) too stupid to know better. It is not funny or clever on any level whatsoever.

Oh, and 'considerable intellect'? You have mistaken me for someone else.

I agree it's not funny or clever, and it's not something i'd ever do but it doesn't however make you racist, again I''m referring to someone I know though, so my view maybe tainted.

I would certainly believe if it, if there was substantive evidence to support it.

"ATK said so" doesn't quite meet my standard of proof.

As Xerxes said, it was also put out by journalists, as I see it you are either wrong or theirs a massive conspiracy to make it look like Aquilani was on a lot more than he was, which benefits nobody at all.

Guest San Don
To be fair, Alan is claiming nothing more than some exchanges of conversation, not that he is the de facto Ticket or New Stadium director, one of dozens of conversations I am sure.

With FSG picking this up from zero knowledge, the more people they speak to, the better.

The need for a heavyweight CEO is obvious.

He's claiming he 'sorted' several issues with the ticket office and also presented \ suggested a commercial methodology to boost ticket sales for a match he highlighted to the club which was not going to sell out.

I find it difficult to believe these owners would operate this way, taking advice from someone with no history of football club administration. I'd lay a fair bet they have similar issues with some games in their time at Fenway.

But you seem pretty assured by the comments.

If a copy of his actual contract was personally handed to some people in black and white them people would still not believe it because it doesn't suit their agendas.

That's what he was on end of. FACT.

Haha, is this a spoof because it's very funny if it is.

If it's not i'd just like to point out that putting FACT at the end of a sentence doesn't actually make it a FACT or even true.

How do you know what players earn at LFC? Do you work in the finance dept; are you an accountant for some of the players?

I suspect not so really you know just as much as me which is next to nothing

PS

Welcome back, ATK, even for just a short while

As Xerxes said, it was also put out by journalists, as I see it you are either wrong or theirs a massive conspiracy to make it look like Aquilani was on a lot more than he was, which benefits nobody at all.

It benefits people at the club now. They're being seen to do something about the waste, they've got an effective shield against people wanting to know why we're selling a midfielder who a number of people think is better than all but two of our regular starters and, of course, instead of asking "why the hell have we only signed one player when our season starts in 11 days?!?" we're discussing the past.

Over the last three years, we've had Christian Purslow, who called himself the Fernando Torres of the finance world, took half-time interviews and a series of other self-aggrandizing things. Then Commolli came in, sold a lot of squad players, did considerable briefing about their prices, wages, signing on fees and how much this was saving us before being given lavish praise.

If Alberto Aquilani was really on 125k a week, then don't you think these two men would have spent hours on the phone leaking it to anyone who would listen? You don't think it's a little convenient this inflated, obscene number comes out, just as we're selling him?

It's not a conspiracy, it's just fairly standard spin.

He's claiming he 'sorted' several issues with the ticket office and also presented \ suggested a commercial methodology to boost ticket sales for a match he highlighted to the club which was not going to sell out.

I find it difficult to believe these owners would operate this way, taking advice from someone with no history of football club administration. I'd lay a fair bet they have similar issues with some games in their time at Fenway.

But you seem pretty assured by the comments.

They did consult Tomkins to analyse some stuff for JWH, so they did have a wide range of experts, I guess!. Just surprised Code never got the call, now that would have been fun to hear about, sell everybody, buy Xabi and some Norwegian kids.