You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Why all the optimisn? I find most of the players linked with us recently underwhelming.

young? What has he done this season or on a consistent basis

Wickham? Championship player it 's a risk

Adam? What's all the fuss about. He's overweight can't get around the pitch and could be a one season wonder

We need to be going for stellar creative quality and two wide players. Obviously a left back and a center back is a priority too.

Like?

Stop with this fucking "He can play LB" crap, Wilson can play at LB, but it doesn't mean he's any good at LB.

Sakho is a centre back, he might be able to cover as a LB in the French league, but the PL is much faster and stronger.

Buy a Centre back to play as a Centre Back.

Yes, but you are aware that some players are more versatile than others? Some players are more than capable in two positions. Leagues have nothing to do with it.

Stop with this fucking "He can play LB" crap, Wilson can play at LB, but it doesn't mean he's any good at LB.

Sakho is a centre back, he might be able to cover as a LB in the French league, but the PL is much faster and stronger.

Buy a Centre back to play as a Centre Back.

So you have seen Sakho play several times and know that he can't play left back?

Thuram, his idol and a player his style is compared to, was in his own definition a centre back but absolutely brilliant at right back. A player like Ivanovic at Chelsea turns in his most impressive performances at right back though I am pretty sure he is orginally a centre half.

Using Wilson as an example doesn't make much sense as just because he can't play left back, it doesn't mean no left footed centre back can. You could have used Martin Kelly instead and made the exact opposite point.

Noone is saying Sakho should be bought for left back, but in any squad it is nice to have versatile players able to deputise in other positions than their favoured. Especially at the chronic problem position that is left back.

paul_tomkins Paul Tomkins

RT @bensmith_Times Gary Cahill, Jose Enrique, Ashley Young, Mamadou Sakho and Connor Wickham have all been identified as targets by #LFC

RT @bensmith_Times From everything I hear, #LFC have, for the first time in a long time, a very clear transfer strategy for the summer

And this a tweet he said 3 weeks ago, he throws some amount if bullshit out in between picking up Tony Evans dry cleaning. Throw enough darts one will hit

Kenny Dalglish identifies Ashley Young, Gary Cahill, Matt Jarvis & Charlie Adam as #LFC targets

Twitter for iPhone o 24/03/2011 06:18

Also remember according to Ben, Torres was the victim in January and had Kenny the conman bought the club he'd have stayed with us

So you have seen Sakho play several times and know that he can't play left back?

Thuram, his idol and a player his style is compared to, was in his own definition a centre back but absolutely brilliant at right back. A player like Ivanovic at Chelsea turns in his most impressive performances at right back though I am pretty sure he is orginally a centre half.Using Wilson as an example doesn't make much sense as just because he can't play left back, it doesn't mean no left footed centre back can. You could have used Martin Kelly instead and made the exact opposite point.

Noone is saying Sakho should be bought for left back, but in any squad it is nice to have versatile players able to deputise in other positions than their favoured. Especially at the chronic problem position that is left back.

I wouldn't use Ivanovic as an example given that with both goals the other night he was kind of missing.

I think Adam and Downing are still amongst our targets. I reckon we will only get one centre half, so it will be either Cahill or (if this rumour is true) Sakho. Clearly we will have back up targets so the list is probably fairly long, all in all. It's not hard to work out who we are interested in, really. I'm sure that we have looked at McCarthy and Jarvis as alternative options for example.

Guest PurpleNose
I think Adam and Downing are still amongst our targets. I reckon we will only get one centre half, so it will be either Cahill or (if this rumour is true) Sakho. Clearly we will have back up targets so the list is probably fairly long, all in all. It's not hard to work out who we are interested in, really. I'm sure that we have looked at McCarthy and Jarvis as alternative options for example.

What is this based on?

Not really doubting you, as I haven't bothered following much of the gossip.

Just wondered if there was anything concrete that we were looking at Adam, Downing, Jarvis etc

Because I fucking hope we aren't.

What is this based on?

Not really doubting you, as I haven't bothered following much of the gossip.

Just wondered if there was anything concrete that we were looking at Adam, Downing, Jarvis etc

Because I fucking hope we aren't.

Adam we have already bid for. Downing - Dave and others have reported that Kenny is keen on him. Jarvis is more just general speculation but I'd say there's a decent chance we're looking at him.

Guest PurpleNose
Adam we have already bid for. Downing - Dave and others have reported that Kenny is keen on him. Jarvis is more just general speculation but I'd say there's a decent chance we're looking at him.

Yes, forgot about the bids for Adam at the end of the transfer window.

So much will depend on what we can shift this summer. We've got some fucking logs in the squad.

Not pushed on Adam I must say.

Would be very pleased with Cahill and Young. But a little concerned by Wickham's actual record for a forward player. Not sure we want to spunk £10m on him.

I'm desperate for us to sign Sakho though. I've been saying for years now that this lad is brilliant and we would be nuts not to sign him despite the fact I'd never heard of him until today.

Totally agree with you on this. Our spunk must be well aimed and not spent on a pair of tits.

I wonder if we're going to bid again for Micah Richards?

Hope not.

I personally think Wickham is worth the risk, providing a reasonable price can be thrashed out.

I'd go for Adam too, just so that we have a back up when Gerrard is injured. He should be relatively cheap given his contract situation and if Blackpool get relegated. He offers a hell of a lot going forward.