You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Young enough for the coaches and Kenny to shape him and bring the best out of him. This brings into focus the fact that we have lacked the fire-power to seriously compete for ages. I think we need one more player in the CF role before going into next season in addition to Wickham assuming we get him.

I disagree, the likelyhood is that we will be heading into next season with an attacking three. Suarez and Carroll plus a winger who can pull deep and help us transition out of defence. Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt and, if true, Wickham could all top the trio. We need to get cover (and quality) in the supporting berths.

The lad's only just turned 18. We're buying into his potential rather than the finished product.

Yeah but even potentially he doesn't look great. He's not going to get any quicker that's for sure. As soon as you saw Rooney you knew he was going to be special. I don't see that in wickham at all.

Yeah but even potentially he doesn't look great. He's not going to get any quicker that's for sure. As soon as you saw Rooney you knew he was going to be special. I don't see that in wickham at all.

Yeah but that's why Rooney went for 30 million at the same age. I think wickham's show good pace, strength, composure, finishing ability. He's a better option than N'gog now and is only going to get better.

In my opinion, of course.

He has only just turned 18. That's one year older than Morgan.

He can't be bad if he's already in the England under 21 setup. If it's 10m including add ons I would worry too much. Where was Carroll at the same age?

He has only just turned 18. That's one year older than Morgan.

He can't be bad if he's already in the England under 21 setup. If it's 10m including add ons I would worry too much. Where was Carroll at the same age?

Good point.

I'd be happy with Wickham, and think he could become a very good player here under Dalglish.

fucking hell

Manchester City Plan £14.5m Bid for Liverpool Midfielder | CaughtOffside

Manchester City are planning to make an offer to sign Liverpool Alberto Aquilani this summer. Roberto Mancini is known to be an admirer of the Italian international and hopes to lure the creative midfielder to Eastlands but will first have to persuade Kenny Dalglish to sell to a rival to their top four ambitions.

Currently on loan at Juventus, 26 year old Aquilani is thought to be keen on securing a permanent deal with the Serie A giants, however the Turin side are as yet unwilling to meet the €16m (£14.5m) fee that Liverpool are looking for which has led to Mancini’s move to enter the race to sign the former Roma man.

Alberto Aquilani arrived at Liverpool last term whilst still injured and when fully fit was strangely overlooked by Rafa Benitez and made just nine Premier League starts and was then taken on a season long loan by a Juventus side looking to recapture their place at Italy’s top table under the new management of Luigi Delneri. However the Old Lady of Italian football have had a poor season as a whole and currently sit in seventh spot.

Aquilani’s personal form has though been consistent and noteworthy and has led to a recall to the Italian national team and much interest from prospective buyers with the likes of Inter and AC Milan both supposedly keen on the Liverpool man.

Kenny Dalglish’s return to Anfield has led to a huge improvement from midfielder Raul Meireles and Lucas and therefore makes the chances of Aquilani returning to Merseyside seemingly unlikely. Man City boss Roberto Mancini is seemingly keen to add a more cultured edge to the centre of his midfield to sit alongside the more aggressive combative abilities of the likes of Nigel De Jong and Patrick Vieira.

Aquilani’s is adept as a holding midfielder as well as being able to link midfield and attack in a more offensive manner make him a very attractive proposition. Summer signing James Milner has not had the best of seasons and Mancini may feel that the Italian international has more to offer.

fucking hell

Manchester City Plan £14.5m Bid for Liverpool Midfielder | CaughtOffside

Manchester City are planning to make an offer to sign Liverpool Alberto Aquilani this summer. Roberto Mancini is known to be an admirer of the Italian international and hopes to lure the creative midfielder to Eastlands but will first have to persuade Kenny Dalglish to sell to a rival to their top four ambitions.

Currently on loan at Juventus, 26 year old Aquilani is thought to be keen on securing a permanent deal with the Serie A giants, however the Turin side are as yet unwilling to meet the EUR16m (£14.5m) fee that Liverpool are looking for which has led to Mancini's move to enter the race to sign the former Roma man.

Alberto Aquilani arrived at Liverpool last term whilst still injured and when fully fit was strangely overlooked by Rafa Benitez and made just nine Premier League starts and was then taken on a season long loan by a Juventus side looking to recapture their place at Italy's top table under the new management of Luigi Delneri. However the Old Lady of Italian football have had a poor season as a whole and currently sit in seventh spot.

Aquilani's personal form has though been consistent and noteworthy and has led to a recall to the Italian national team and much interest from prospective buyers with the likes of Inter and AC Milan both supposedly keen on the Liverpool man.

Kenny Dalglish's return to Anfield has led to a huge improvement from midfielder Raul Meireles and Lucas and therefore makes the chances of Aquilani returning to Merseyside seemingly unlikely. Man City boss Roberto Mancini is seemingly keen to add a more cultured edge to the centre of his midfield to sit alongside the more aggressive combative abilities of the likes of Nigel De Jong and Patrick Vieira.

Aquilani's is adept as a holding midfielder as well as being able to link midfield and attack in a more offensive manner make him a very attractive proposition. Summer signing James Milner has not had the best of seasons and Mancini may feel that the Italian international has more to offer.

I so want this to be true!!!

First of all..if King kenny want to get Connor Wickham...then, he will try to get him. For those of you who keeps harping on that this or that player is not good enough for Liverpool, are you better placed to judge these players' abilities or potentials than various scouts employed by LFC???

For most Reds all over the world, I bet most of us will surely put our trust on KK's choices...instead of harping on whther th player is not good enough...why don't you discussed on what will these players produced for LFC if they joined the club...

I think we need to make some ties with a championship club for next season, one that isn't going to be promoted or relegated anytime soon. A club like Barnsley, Hull or Derby or even a premier league team and send them players like Pacheco, Wilson and possibly a few reserve team players like Wisdom to get into first team action, know how to play in a team in a challenging league and stay fit. By doing this we're giving them a better chance to break into the team, look at how Arsenal and Utd have been doing this recently (Tom Cleverly, Carlos Vela, Henry Lansbury). Let the players stay there for half a season or a full season, none of this 2 months or 1 month stuff we've done with Pacheco. Then we can see the team progress without spending huge amounts of money on fancy players (Although that's not a problem all the time) and we'll be able to see who's up to the task of playing for a top side and who isn't. (Some of us have doubted Pacheco cause of his lack of playing time for Norwich)