You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Instant cunt identifiers

Remmie

22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

If you fall off a bike without a helmet at anything above 10 mph your unprotected head will hit the ground at a similar speed to taking a decent run up and head butting a concrete wall. Try doing that and let us know how you get on. 

So runners should wear one? 

29 minutes ago, Elite said:

Cyclists can get up to much higher speeds than runners thus creating far greater force upon impact.

I said earlier it's probably best to if you are getting up to scooter speeds. Most cyclists don't need them though. Or lycra. Or step in pedals. 

29 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s natural selection happening in front of us, cyclists who don’t wear helmets don't survive long enough to reproduce in sufficient numbers. Eventually they will all be gone. 

I thought you'd been to the Netherlands. Cyclists fucking everywhere. None of them in helmets. 

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Have you seen the state of driving in the UK? 

Try Vietnam. Roads full of idiots who pay little or no notice to the few road rules they do have including which side of the road to drive on. Helmets (a legal requirement) are a joke. Many (especially young men)  don't wear one or just a baseball cap. Most of the helmets, which cost about £1.50, wouldn't give any protection if hit with anything heavier than a balloon. And as for the loads they carry.......

FB_IMG_1596309681173.jpg

FB_IMG_1596309650035.jpg

FB_IMG_1596309635457.jpg

FB_IMG_1596309720320.jpg

FB_IMG_1596309704558.jpg

FB_IMG_1596309690069.jpg

Seats on a Scooter_Moment.jpg

• Upvote 1

One of the issues with cycling in the UK is the general shitty attitude motorists tend to have about cyclists. Drivers just don't feel like they have a right to be on the road and have no patience if they are even briefly held up when trying to pass. Naturally, the driver's attitude tends to be telling cyclists what to do and that that they know best. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

One of the issues with cycling in the UK is the general shitty attitude motorists tend to have about cyclists. Drivers just don't feel like they have a right to be on the road and have no patience if they are even briefly held up when trying to pass. Naturally, the driver's attitude tends to be telling cyclists what to do and that that they know best. 

Yeah I like bikes but no way I'd do it on the roads here. I remember Chris Boardman was appointed some kind of riding ambassador and he said he rode about three miles on the roads here and shit himself. His mum later died riding on the road.

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I like bikes but no way I'd do it on the roads here. I remember Chris Boardman was appointed some kind of riding ambassador and he said he rode about three miles on the roads here and shit himself. His mum later died riding on the road.

I think he also wrote an article after that happened saying why he didn't think helmets should be mandatory

11 hours ago, cloggypop said:

No, I just know what the fuck I'm talking about. 

Nah mate, sorry you're wrong on this.

I'm a very competent rider, spend most weekends flying down mountains and forest trails on bikes and I feel more safe doing that than when I use my road bike for the occasional commute to work, the amount of near misses I've had due to driver negligence is frightening. I wear a helmet, not because I think I will fall off of my own accord, but because I don't trust others sharing the same spaces.

It might be different where you are but I have seen first hand incidents on the road in the UK that once seen you would never ride without a helmet again.

12 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Nah mate, sorry you're wrong on this.

I'm a very competent rider, spend most weekends flying down mountains and forest trails on bikes and I feel more safe doing that than when I use my road bike for the occasional commute to work, the amount of near misses I've had due to driver negligence is frightening. I wear a helmet, not because I think I will fall off of my own accord, but because I don't trust others sharing the same spaces.

It might be different where you are but I have seen first hand incidents on the road in the UK that once seen you would never ride without a helmet again.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1410838/