You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

If we were flying along and had lost Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun then it would be difficult. We're desperately low on confidence and things just are not going for us. I've never seen so many things go against us in such a short time.

But we'll win this one.

Guest PurpleNose

Reina

Degen Carragher Krygiakos Aurelio

Maxi Lucas Mascherano Riera

Aquilani

Kuyt

Presuming none of Johnson, Agger, Gerrard, Benayoun or Torres will be fit.

Game will be won or lost on the flanks.

Isn't Lucas suspended after he got booked on Saturday?

Lennon didn't play Saturday so hopefully he's still out.

I think we'll play more or less the same team with Aquilani coming in for Lucas, although I would like to see Aurellio going to left back and Reira / Maxi coming in at left midfield.

Oh fucking shit................

Come on you fucking Reds, I know you can do it!!!! Trust yourselfs that you can too!!! Last season Dirk stepped up to the plate when we had players out injured. Hoping he can put that miss against stoke to one side. We need him to lead the front line and Jamie to Lead us at the back.

I love you guys- Just no more tears please!

(I'm tempted to suggest that some of the pathologically pessimistic moaners round here should be given the job of minding the bee in the cellar.)

Wow, I always wondered where they went in the winter.

Learn something new every day.

Been snooping on the spurs website and found this from friday.

Aaron also picked up a groin injury in that match but has made progress in his recovery this week in an attempt to be fit for next Saturday's FA Cup tie with hometown club Leeds United.

Looks like he won't be playing Wednesday.

I'm hoping for a draw from this one, I doubt we will do any better than that on recent performances. Mind you going on previous form, and not just from this year, we will probably win as they are now above us and playing better (not by much) than us. How many times have we played teams way below us and come away with a draw or loss thinking how the fuck did that happen.

Lennon is fit and will be on the bench at least apparently.

I've said 3 or 4 times lately that we were going to win a particular game and win it well. We then went on to put in 3 or 4 of the worst performances I've ever seen from any Liverpool side ever.

So this time, to try and buck my unfortunate trend, I'm going to confidently predict that we get beat and get beaten good and proper on wednesday.

Fingers crossed!!

Things gotta change.........at some point.Let this game be it.

Spurs will go all out attack so Rafa will go defensive as usual and try and catch them on the break.

Think there will be plenty of goals as both defences are shit at the moment .

Would love Rafa to surprise everyone and go all out attack but.......

The greek will get a torn a new one by Spurs. There's no way I'd start him in wednesday.

He'll be useful against cloggers like Stoke, where all he'll ever have to do is win the ball in the air or volley it away, but when a game requires him to do things like pass the ball and run a bit, he's utterly useless.

-------------Reina-------------

Degen Carragher The Greek Insua

Maxi Lucas Mascherano Aurelio

-----------Aquilani-------------

------------Kuyt---------------

I'd be happy with that once they are not told to stay "compact". Need Aurelio to cover Insua as Lennon will destroy him. He's not likely to go with Aurelio LB and Riera LM with Riera only getting back fit.

Gonna be another nervous night.

I want us to start with

--------------Reina---------------

Carra--------Skrtel--------Kyrgi----Fabio

-----------Masch------Lucas--------

Maxi------------Aquilani----------Riera

------------------Kuyt-----------------

Degen was lost at Stoke, would try Maxi to start. Agger won´t be fit but I would keep him at the bench even if fit cause he was piss poor recently.

If Riera is not fit then move Aurelio forward and play Insua.

I just had a look at the table, having avoided it for ages, and was surprised to see that despite our abject performances, we are still not completely fucked. Obviously i am referring to 4th place, possibly 5th. This is not particularly ace, but we can't just give up completely. i am finding it hard to get excited about our matches, but please, lets just put in a decent performance and halt this hideous slide.

I want us to start with

--------------Reina---------------

Carra--------Skrtel--------Kyrgi----Fabio

-----------Masch------Lucas--------

Maxi------------Aquilani----------Riera

------------------Kuyt-----------------

Degen was lost at Stoke, would try Maxi to start. Agger won´t be fit but I would keep him at the bench even if fit cause he was piss poor recently.

If Riera is not fit then move Aurelio forward and play Insua.

Imagine 90 minutes of Defoe against Skrtel and The Greek. It'll be like a nightmare you cant wake up from.

He's played well anytime I've seen him and he's not afraid to get stuck in. And as mentioned, we need someone to go up against Crouch if he plays. Skrtel is just not reliable this season.

the greek that is !

Why? Crouch is shit in the air. Unlike us, Spurs play to Crouch's strength, which is to his feet and not just lumping up long balls to his big lanky head.

If the hairy greek fella starts, we're fucked.

I know Skrtel is hardly on fine form, but he's a far better player than Kyrgriakos.