You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke
Right, posting this thread early to get 'that' out of our systems.

Get in the ground early, get the place rocking and lets fuckin' 'av it. Hope to see a massive reaction from the boys on Wednesday.

possible team selection?..thoughts?

I hope you aren't Rafa.

But....

With Spurs drawing and City losing (and West Ham doing Villa tomorrow? please) this is a massive chance to take a step towards our minimum acceptable finishing position. Doesn't sound like much to get excited about: it isn't.

But still....

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU

If you can make it there, make some noise.

(I'm tempted to suggest that some of the pathologically pessimistic moaners round here should be given the job of minding the bee in the cellar.)

Is this it then, after every bad result we forget it and start a new thread looking forward to next game, I'm sure the Stoke thread was started with virtually the same sentence.

Well the next thread would be the same as the end of the last thread, if the new thread didn't differentiate between the end of the previous thread.

-------------Reina---------

Carra----Greek---Agger------Aurelio

---------Lucas----Masch---------

Maxi--------Aquilani----------Riera

-------------Kuyt-------------

but it will be

-------------Reina---------

Carra----Greek---Skrtel------Insua

---------Lucas----Masch---------

Degen---------Kuyt----------Aurelio

---------------N'Gog-------------

I watched them in their scoreless draw at home against Hull yesterday. They're pretty fucking bad. Granted, the Hull keeper made some very good saves, but Tottenham looked about as creative as us going forward. The only really applied some serious pressure when Crouch came on.

I spoke to a couple of Tottenham fans in the pub after the game, and they're dreading wednesday as much as we do.

I think he'll start with the 11 that finished the game yesterday, in that formation.

I'd go with Aquilani for Lucas, Riera for Insua (Aurelio LB) and Dirk with Ngog up front.

Harsh on Lucas - that was as well as I've seen him play, but this is a big game at home, and we need to attack. A front four of Maxi, Ngog, Kuyt and Riera is hardly Brazil 1970, but it woudl put four attacking players in their natural attacking positions, and woudl take the game to Spurs.

On the basis of his total and utter lack of any effort on Saturday no way would I pick Ngog. Granted he didn't have any service whatsoever but his attitude was poor. While the quality wasn't there at least the others showed some balls.

As horrible as it sounds its going to have to be Dirk upfront on his own on wednesday. We can't afford to have passengers. Rafa will no doubt double up on Lennon with both Aurelio and Insua. We'll go for control in the middle with a trio of Masch, Lucas and Aquilani. I hope we'll see Carra moved back centrally to partner the Greek with Degen back at full back. Then either Maxi or Amoo given a chance on the right. The spurs left back is turd and should be attacked.

would it be too bold to give Ecclestone a chance? He can't do any worse than Dirk or Ngog.

MASSIVE. Need to put these wannabes in their place on Wednesday night.

Agree with post below - Ngog isn't the man for the job. Just too inconsistent and lightweight. I reckon we should go:

Reina

Degen

Carra

Skrtel

Insua

Lucas

Mascherano

Maxi

Aurelio

Aquilani

Kuyt

But there's next to no chance we'll line up like that...

Is Lennon still injured? Seriously fucking hope so...

Edit: Forgot about Riera. If he's fit enough, him at LM, Aurelio at LB.