You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs. Aston Villa Match Thread

jimbglanmire

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Who's this tubgirl you speak of?

If you thought 2girls1cup was bad (and I lasted about 5 seconds of that), you're in for a shock with tubgirl (of which I briefly saw a picture when googling to find out, back in the day). Goatse is nice, too. I fall for the 'google it' trick every fuckin' time.

Villa have had a rather poor start to the season, and we've been only slightly better.

They've really missed Barry, as most teams would, so I think there's an opportunity there.

However, as usual, it is down to Gerrard and Torres: if they play well, we'll win.

My team:

--------------------------Reina-------------------

Magic---------Carragher------------God knows---------Insua

--------------------------Masher-------------------

Benayoun-----------------Gerrard----------------------Riera

----------------Kuyt-----------------Torres

That will fucking batter them, even though it isn't the team Benitez will pick.

I wonder if Benitez will throw any surprises in? ie Eggnog or Voronin? Hope not.

Subs: not arsed. Babel and some kids.

Aston Villa at Liverpool

Time for Benetiz to be drafted out and to be replaced by a head coach who is used to working under the financial constraints of the American System. Bill Belichick fits the requirements that the management roster is crying out for, here is a manager who will stop at nothing for success (spygate 2007). There will not be a fixture too difficult, nor a draft pick to expensive that Bill cannot work his magic with. He is already accostumed to working under a salary cap and has the respect of all his players both black and white. Also Belicheck has been seen frequenting the acclaimed Tabu niteclub in Maine recently with the centre half partnership of Karlovic and Stavrides of the Metro Stars, a come and get me plea if ever I saw one. With the "pool" in a spot of bother in their defensive unit at the moment (through injury) how long more can we choose to ignore the success that awaits us with Belichick. With Belicheck at the helm I can guarantee that the 'SCUM' will not get one up on us that will otherwise surely happen this season with rafa ranting the title away once again. Also Belichick will not stand for a measly 1.5 million dollar purse when the draft window comes around something that Rafa has resigned himself to already it seems. Im asking all 'Cop' members to make yourselves heard tomorrow evening and we will soon be back at the top as the "Belicheck Benchmarkers".

article-0-067C690F0000044D-984_468x543.jpg

They are not exactly over confident going in to the game, it seems:

THE VIEW FROM VILLA PARK

Jimmy Rice 24 August 2009

Brummie James Laishley provides the view from Villa Park ahead of Monday's Barclays Premier League clash at Anfield.

How's your form ahead of this one?

We've won two of the last 18 competitive matches - and they were against Hull and Newcastle. A great time to come to Anfield, then.

Who should we be worried about?

James Milner is very consistent. He did well on his England debut the other week and set up a goal. Petrov is equally consistent, and that's pretty much it at the moment. Agbonlahor has gone off the boil, Young is not at his best, Heskey has been pretty rubbish since arriving at Villa Park and Carew hasn't played so far this season.

Are the fans getting restless?

Our support is usually very good, but a few fans are getting agitated. They booed the team off against Wigan. I don't really see what that's going to achieve. It's very early days in the season and I expect O'Neill to bring in a few more players yet.

What do you make of Liverpool's chances this term?

You'll be there or thereabouts. Maybe some of the other contenders have bigger squads but you've got young lads stepping up, like that Ayala who did alright the other night. I reckon your first XI is among the best in the league. The top four and the title race will be a lot closer between all the sides this year.

Who are you worried about on our side?

I've got to say Fernando Torres, I'm afraid. Mainly because our defence is so dodgy at the moment. Nicky Shorey has been re-christened Nicky Shaky, while Curtis Davies and Carlos Cuellar haven't quite clicked yet. We miss Martin Laursen. With all this in mind, Torres could have a field day. He's fast, powerful and likes to take people on - all the things Davies hates. He prefers playing against little guys who he can dominant, not the likes of Torres and Drogba.

What's the score going to be?

Hopefully it won't be a repeat of the 5-0 in March. I'll say 2-0 to you lot.

THE VIEW FROM VILLA PARK

Pepe

Magic Carra Kyrgiakos(?) Insua

Lucas Monster

Kuyt Stevie Yossi

Nando

Hope thats the team we put out. Hopefully if Ayala has to deputise its not too tough a night for him, he seemed cagey against Stoke but did well. would hope that would increase his confidence. If he does play we need to see Monster coming back and taking the ball from him like against Stoke. I think really contributed to how well Ayala did on the night. Lucas will continue his improvement, hopefully capping it with a goal. Magic and Kuyt will have a lovely time down the right. Insua's forward runs could be just the thing to balance the left hand side with Yossi's preference for coming inside. If those two have any kind of understanding between them it could prove very fruitful.

Then of course there are Stevie and Nando. If they are firing on all cylinders it should be a good night.