You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Sunderland

StevieH

Have to say I don't think that was a cast iron pen.

But ta anyhow.

It was... he misses the ball...takes Pennant and hit the ball with his hand. Our was a stonewall pen...but it doesnt hide the fact they were robbed two...

still we neede that. Crouch looked like Crouch againa after the goal... and simply has to start next time around. I think Skrtl looked like a defender this time after a ropey debut.

But after the second goal we stopped playing and almost gifted them an invitation back into the game with some horrible defending, that was worrying... But today was all about three point and restoring some confidence.

Im pleased with how it turned out in the end...but I was really worried for a time...

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky Bob!

3-0, not a great performance but we needed the points. I just hope Rafa takes heed and gives Crouch and Torres a run. I've been banging on about it for ages and I really think that's the way to go for us.

I also hope we don't see Carra at full back and Lucas on the left again!

I had £50 on the win £20 on 4-0 and a Lay on 0-0 for £250

£200 and odd up on the Game i might have just found a little way to beat the football bookie

I think this has 0-0 ( or 0-1 god forbid ) written all over it. Unless players look at themselves and trying to pull themselves out of it. Rafa has`nt helped himself with Carra at right back and Lucas out of position, but still there are enough players out there to perform better. Thses are good players, but no one seems able to trap the ball or play simple passes...it`s all in the head, and you have to ask if some of our players has the right mentality to play at the top as we looks so much more fragile mentally than our 'competitors'???

I wasn't far off with my 0-0 or 4-0 predicament:-)

Hopefully we can build on it and twat Chelsea next week......

So thats what a win feels like, i'm off to get pissed now.

Overall i thought we were very poor, there's a massive lack of confidence in the team so hopefully the goals help, i also thought the side lack of balance in the team picked really didn't help the players at all. Got there in the end from a well worked goal but up to then it wasn't looking too good.

Chavski next week, we need to play without that fear we have if we want to get something there.

A much better performance today. It's easy to see why: no Riise, no Kuyt, and Crouch and Torres together are a genuine threat

Sunderland are a really good defensive unit, but second half we will win this.

Seriously ?

Are we watching the same match? For me it just gets worse and worse.

You must be jokeing mate.That is one of the worst first halfs ive seen this season.No movement no chances.Hyppia and carra just lumping the ball up field.Its a joke.:wallbutt:

Sorry mate, it's dire.

Trust in The Dog.

For Crouch? Or do you still think he's shite?

Oh... I was saying for that second goal. Crouch is still shit and he has a fucking long way to go before he is anything but shit.

A few good pieces, against a shite side, doesn't cure him of his weaknesses. It'd take at least a string of quality performances before I'd change my viewpoints.

Like I've always said... I'm waiting for him to prove me wrong and I hope he does.

Not entirely convincing, helped by a measure of luck... But you don't go from a dire patch to world-beaters in one game. This is exactly what we need to start reversing the recent trend and build up a good run of form into the last few months of the season.

After the first goal, we caught a glimpse of what this team is capable of. Reason for cautious optimism...

No, fuck cautious, I don't do cautious. We're going to use this as a platform for a complete turnaround of this season.

... I just need to nip into the kitchen for more cups of tea during the match.

Oh... I was saying for that second goal. Crouch is still shit and he has a fucking long way to go before he is anything but shit.

A few good pieces, against a shite side, doesn't cure him of his weaknesses. It'd take at least a string of quality performances before I'd change my viewpoints.

Like I've always said... I'm waiting for him to prove me wrong and I hope he does.

aye ,like the string he had 12 months ago.Thenagain goals against the mancs,chavs and goons don't count ...fuckin beaut

He's just shown his complete ignorance to the whole situation.

unbelievable wasnt he

"the americans came here when the club had a debt of £100 million, they`ve taken that on board now, and put their money in"

no you floppy haired twat, they`ve just added a further 200 million onto that figure, fucking hell, someone needs to read a paper