You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think you are accidentally agreeing with me, the point about mentioning gay teenagers in Iran is that this whole issue isn’t about compassion or morality, it’s point scoring on both sides. Most of the people on here getting exercised about dead kids in Palestine have never once got as angry or posted about the 1000’s of gays hung from cranes in Iran becuase it is not about human rights, it’s other agendas being played out in the guise of moral superiority. Nobody wants to see kids die for fucks sake. 

I'm not agreeing with you - accidentally or otherwise - and I'm happy to find my posts about Iran if you'd like. Although I'm not sure why you're singling out Iran as there are far worse countries in the region. You're wrong, you made something up, you pretended to be outraged by something you didn't understand, and quite frankly the lack of condemnation is disturbing. I look forward to another 'yeah, but what about' type response that avoids actually confronting why you acted like you did about something you clearly had no idea about. Why you chose that to get offended by and not the dead kids or destroyed press buildings mentioned in this thread. That's the difference, you see. If you posted every time somebody in Iran was hung from a crane - or even one time (as you evidently care about them so much and you're not just using them to score cheap points on the internet) - then people wouldn't come in and post a 'yeah, but' type post whilst ignoring the content. They'd say how awful it is, because they're humans capable of empathy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Just vile and disgusting, could be straight out of Der Sturmer. 

Yeah, it's appalling. And on the streets of this country.

Needless to say I don't buy the argument made by some that antisemitic caricatures are okay if they're not aimed at Jews, but at Arab leaders because they made peace with Jews.

And this is where it inevitably ends up:

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Well it seems I was wrong, the caricatures was of an Arab leader albeit they gave him a hook nose for some reason. However I was wrong and I accept that. That said, look at the footage of the march and it’s not unreasonable to think that some of those people don’t like the Jews very much. 

Re your other point, I think it’s a reasonable question as to why this particular conflict seems to generate so much emotion whereas other, far more lethal conflicts don’t ?  I don’t think that every person is gets upset by this conflict is anti Semitic, I do think that Hamas are brilliant at manipulating the press. There is evidence of them using schools to store weapons and fire rockets knowing it will lead to child fatalities. I think we would both agree that that is despicable. 

Here is an actual pic of the guy in question, it's easy to imagine how anyone wishing to caricature him would emphasize his nose, unless you think they should have gone out of their way to make him look more attractive. 

Bin Zayed.jpg

You think Hamas are the ones manipulating the press? Fucking hell, Kurtz. Israel not only manipulate the press through their propaganda organisation, lobbying outfits, and spokesmen, they have just bombed those internationally recognised independent journalists who dare report what is going. It’s like I’ve entered the fucky by twilight zone here, mate; it really fucking is. One where people say some cunt on a megaphone is genuinely terrifying, a single blow up doll is so vile and disgusting, but nothing is said - no matter how many times they’re prompted - about bombing of refugee camps that kill children, bombing or international journalists offices, or the systematic oppression and subjugation of people who have nothing and are in control of nothing. It’s utterly fucking bizarre. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We're deffo through the looking glass if we're doing nose comparisons. What a time to be alive.

We live in country where Corbyn was once vilified and called anti semitic for giving someone a Charles Dickens book as a present, the book apparently contained an unsavoury Jewish character. 

2 hours ago, Numero said:

You think Hamas are the ones manipulating the press? Fucking hell, Kurtz. Israel not only manipulate the press through their propaganda organisation, lobbying outfits, and spokesmen, they have just bombed those internationally recognised independent journalists who dare report what is going. It’s like I’ve entered the fucky by twilight zone here, mate; it really fucking is. One where people say some cunt on a megaphone is genuinely terrifying, a single blow up doll is so vile and disgusting, but nothing is said - no matter how many times they’re prompted - about bombing of refugee camps that kill children, bombing or international journalists offices, or the systematic oppression and subjugation of people who have nothing and are in control of nothing. It’s utterly fucking bizarre. 

It beggars belief that any right thinking person can think anything else.  The insidious playing of the press and the politicians in this country - and across the west - by the Israel lobby, is a disgrace.  But that's nothing compared to the lack of basic humanity shown over decades by these cunts.  

The idiots are out on the streets, sadly predictable. Plus now the anti semitic twitter mob who hav'nt said a peep all week have suddenly found their voice. Oberman and crew seem to think the Labour party should go and arrest them.  Baddiel has stopped talking about his cat..etc...

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The idiots are out on the streets, sadly predictable. Plus now the anti semitic twitter mob who hav'nt said a peep all week have suddenly found their voice. Oberman and crew seem to think the Labour party should go and arrest them.  Baddiel has stopped talking about his cat..etc...

Suddenly found their voice? What's that supposed to mean?