You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

22 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Suddenly found their voice? What's that supposed to mean?

It probably means they weren't vocal when Palestinian kids were getting blown up but when someone of a different colour goes down a road in London all of a sudden they're outraged? But obviously you knew exactly what he meant. 

They need to find that idiot ASAP and get him charged with (at the least) a racially aggravated public order offence. 

But, the actions of one person shouldn't be used to muddy the waters. The vast majority of people present were there to show solidarity to the Palestinian people and to protest against colonialism, racism and war crimes. I wouldn't use the videos of Israeli nationals calling for the wiping out of Arabs to tar ALL Israeli nationals. So, the same luxury should be afforded to the people yesterday who, on the whole, were legitimately protesting without even the slightest hint of racism. But, we know that some people will take these isolated incidents to further their lie that anti-Israel = antisemitic. 

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Suddenly found their voice? What's that supposed to mean?

What it says, Oberman, Riley, Baddiel etc have been very quite since the events in Jerusalem. Baddiels excuse that Israel is a place far far away is a bit of a cop out, or a convenient side step. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It probably means they weren't vocal when Palestinian kids were getting blown up but when someone of a different colour goes down a road in London all of a sudden they're outraged? But obviously you knew exactly what he meant. 

Yeah and that. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They need to find that idiot ASAP and get him charged with (at the least) a racially aggravated public order offence. 

But, the actions of one person shouldn't be used to muddy the waters. The vast majority of people present were there to show solidarity to the Palestinian people and to protest against colonialism, racism and war crimes. I wouldn't use the videos of Israeli nationals calling for the wiping out of Arabs to tar ALL Israeli nationals. So, the same luxury should be afforded to the people yesterday who, on the whole, were legitimately protesting without even the slightest hint of racism. But, we know that some people will take these isolated incidents to further their lie that anti-Israel = antisemitic. 

Yep. Twats on both sides but of course... lets go with a stupid anti-semitic wanker and ignore dead kids. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Four people have been arrested. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What it says, Oberman, Riley, Baddiel etc have been very quite since the events in Jerusalem. Baddiels excuse that Israel is a place far far away is a bit of a cop out, or a convenient side step. 

I think if racists were driving around my home city threatening to rape and kill me, it'd probably be reasonable for me to express an opinion in it.

Why should they be compelled to comment on events happening in a different country on a different continent? The overwhelming majority of British celebrities haven't said anything about it either.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think if racists were driving around my home city threatening to rape and kill me, it'd probably be reasonable for me to express an opinion in it.

Why should they be compelled to comment on events happening in a different country on a different continent? The overwhelming majority of British celebrities haven't said anything about it either.

Can you show me that part? Can you also tell me your thoughts on the people interviewed in Jerusalem saying "kill all arabs" "carpet bomb them" that I posted a few pages back? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Can you show me that part? Can you also tell me your thoughts on the people interviewed in Jerusalem saying "kill all arabs" "carpet bomb them" that I posted a few pages back? 

Me and Gnasher have both posted the video in this thread today of people driving around.

I don't have any thoughts. Should I? Stupid people saying stupid things exist in every nation on Earth.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well when that country is the only Jewish state on the planet and the spend most of their life complaining about the lack of acknowledgement afforded to Jewish people it's feasible to think they might have an opinion on the conduct of Jews engaged in violence across Jerusalem, it is a fairly hot topic. Im sure the likes of Oberman have commented on Jewish people from outside the UK before , likewise Baddiel, they havnt restrictied themselves to the uk thus far. Maybe their silence on Israel tells its own story. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Me and Gnasher have both posted the video in this thread today of people driving around.

I don't have any thoughts. Should I? Stupid people saying stupid things exist in every nation on Earth.

Thank you. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Well when that country is the only Jewish state on the planet and the spend most of their life complaining about the lack of acknowledgement afforded to Jewish people it's feasible to think they might have an opinion on the conduct of Jews engaged in violence across Jerusalem, it is a fairly hot topic. Im sure the likes of Oberman have commented on Jewish people from outside the UK before , likewise Baddiel, they havnt restrictied themselves to the uk thus far. Maybe their silence on Israel tells its own story. 

What they campaign against is racism against Jews, predominantly in this country. Why should they feel compelled to comment on things that happen in a foreign country that is nothing to do with them? What do you expect them to say?

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What they campaign against is racism against Jews, predominantly in this country. Why should they feel compelled to comment on things that happen in a foreign country that is nothing to do with them? What do you expect them to say?

A popular opinion in 1930's England.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You do realise that many within the Jewish community were also out (and have been for years) protesting about Isreals genocide? Criticism of Israel's behaviour is not anti-semitism and as soon as you get that into your thick scull the better  

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You do realise that many within the Jewish community were also out (and have been for years) protesting about Isreals genocide? Criticism of Israel's behaviour is not anti-semitism and as soon as you get that into your thick scull the better  

I very much doubt that any Jew anywhere would describe it as genocide. Jews tend to have a pretty keen idea of what genocide actually is.

Nevertheless, what "many within the Jewish community" do is up to them, as individuals, good luck to them. And nor did anybody say that all criticism of Israel was anti-semitic. You seem to be arguing against points that nobody has made.

All I asked was why British Jews ought to be criticised for remaining silent on a conflict on another continent. I'm yet to receive a satisfactory answer.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

All I asked was why British Jews ought to be criticised for remaining silent on a conflict on another continent. I'm yet to receive a satisfactory answer.

Profiles in Courage

43 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Read the book Stronts, this is exactly the type of racism he calls out. 

I for one am ashamed Jimmy Nesbitt hasn’t been taking about Northern Ireland. 

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I very much doubt that any Jew anywhere would describe it as genocide. Jews tend to have a pretty keen idea of what genocide actually is.

Nevertheless, what "many within the Jewish community" do is up to them, as individuals, good luck to them. And *1) nor did anybody say that all criticism of Israel was anti-semitic. You seem to be arguing against points that nobody has made.

Ok, how isn't it genocide? I look forward to you explaining it. Also, I will ask again (6th time of asking I think), have any arab Israeli homes been demolished in Israel? 

*1) You have called me anti-semitic... you called Nelly a jew hater and a racist, you called skids anti-semitic ..... care to qualify that?