You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best outcome for us in Man City v Arsenal game?

What's the best outcome for us in Man City v Arsenal game?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best outcome for us in Man City v Arsenal game?

I'm not worried about the results. If either side win it could start them building up some steam for tbe run in. We just need to beat Brighton and the mancs and see how things are after that. Even then we have Villa,Spurs and Everton all to play. Villa amd Spurs will be battling for 4/5th champions league spots and Everton either to avoid relegation or just put a Spanner in our season, everyman behind the ball,time wasting and kicking the shit out of everyone. If we don't get a couple of earlish goals goals it'll be a long 90 mins

10 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Anything to disrupt City is good in my book. Arsenal have the most difficult run in I think, so  even if they were to beat City, there’s still plenty of scope for them to drop points.

The only downside is they blew up at this point last season and have been looking stronger all round this season, so the theory that you have to go close to then win it is looking a distinct possibility for them.

I think we’d take more confidence out of City losing than either of the other two results, but, ultimately, we need to ensure we keep winning and if it’s not enough then fair enough.

I’d be gutted if we lost to Arsenal by a point or less after the capitulation against them at their place though, whereas City winning it again would be a bit “meh” and should be tainted by them being found guilty of at least some of the 115 charges they’re facing.

I think all the talk this season has been about how much stronger arsenal have looked this season to last. I think that's a bit of make believe. The league table speaks for itself. After 28 games last year they were 5 points clear (and the same after 29 games). They had 69 points with a GD of +40. This season they have 64 with a GD of +46. They had won 2 more games last season at the expense of a draw and defeat this season. The only improvement between this season and last, is they've smashed a few teams. And the last 2 seasons they've fallen off a cliff at around 30 games. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Any result will be pointless if we don't get 3 points v Brighton. This is when you have to take advantage. Our players better show fight. Now  is the run we have to go balls out any tepid lethargic shit and we may aswell give up now.

Yep, any lack of intensity on Sunday would be unforgivable.

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

Bit tedious, given that wasn't the question 

Wining our games is what we all should be focusing on. We can’t influence the other game, so what will be will be. 

If we don’t beat Brighton, I couldn’t give a fuck what happened.

Hopefully I can give the question some thought about 4pm on Sunday. 

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

22 hamstring injuries 

My uncle Arthur had a saying, “Shoot ‘em all and let God ‘em sort out”. 

Unfortunately one day he put his theory into practice, it took 75 federal marshals to track him down, now let’s never speak of him again.

A case can be made for any result but a draw puts two points into the table rather than the three if someone wins. So a draw for me but a Citeh win knocks the Arse confidence and I think they drop away. An Arse win puts us 4 points clear of Citeh (as long as we're done our business) which is not to be sniffed at.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

A case can be made for any result but a draw puts two points into the table rather than the three if someone wins. So a draw for me but a Citeh win knocks the Arse confidence and I think they drop away. An Arse win puts us 4 points clear of Citeh (as long as we're done our business) which is not to be sniffed at.

That City run-in is sobering. Spurs might do something or they might not, but hard not to see City absolutely walking those games. 

A four point cushion from them on Sunday still looks the most valuable outcome to me. Obviously that gives Arsenal a big advantage, but they have trickier fixtures.

Arsenal would have to win their last 18 games for us not be able to over take them. I'd fancy Arsenal not doing that a lot more than I would City dropping points on the run if they beat Arsenal. Arsenal win first, draw second, City win third.

We have dropped just 11 points (including the sham v Spurs) in 24  games against teams bar Arsenal or City. We lost* to Spurs and drew with Chelsea, Brighton, Luton and Man Utd. We have not dropped any points to those teams since mid-December.

Arsenal have dropped 18 points in their 25 games that have not been v us or City. They lost to Newcastle, Villa, West Ham and Fulham and drew with Fulham, Spurs and Chelsea.

City have dropped 14 points in their 25 games that have not been v us or City. They lost to Wolves and Villa and drew with Chelsea twice, Spurs and Palace. 

If that trend continues, we will drop points for the remainder of the season, Arsenal will drop 6.5 more points, City will drop another 5.25 points and we will drop 4.5 points for the rest of the season. 

One or both of them will also drop points on Sunday. If we continue our form against the rest for the next ten games, we win the league, in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Stones and Walker both definitely out, apparently. 

Walker’s a huge loss for them.

If thats true Arsenal have had some fucking luck this year. Played us with a half our players out and playing them short now. Not to mention i can't think of any of their big players bar Gabriel Jesus that have missed many games