You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

7 minutes ago, Dave D said:

While I’d agree I hope we don’t get Palace away 3-3 vibes where we go all out and then balls it up. I appreciate this is a different club compared to then. I just find that history says when pressure is on you to thrash someone it rarely happens.

The fixture that is bothering me is Fulham away.

Actually, scrub that, all the remaining away games are bothering me!

Haha Fulham away. West Ham away. Its like we haven't played 28 games this season coming into the business end.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Even though they are shite west ham away worries me too....they'll be up for us and will look to alehouse us off corners and free kicks.

Tricky away that for us.

West Ham have 7 goals from dead balls.

We've got 10.

https://www.90min.com/posts/premier-league-teams-most-goals-set-pieces-2023-24-ranked

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sheffield is the type of game everyone says we score a bucketful but then we struggle and nearly drop points.

They'll sack Wilder just before the game and bring Colin Wanker in and get a manager bounce and lose 2-0

I have had a look at minutes played again in the PL, now that all three teams have the same amount of games. 

Minutes played out of possible 2520 minutes: 
Arsenal 1900 minutes +: 7 players

Man City 1900 minutes +: 7 players

Liverpool 1900 minutes +: 1 player

Arsenal 1400 minutes +: 10 players

Man City 1400 minutes +: 11 players

Liverpool 1400 minutes +: 9 players 

Arsenal 1000 minutes +: 13 players

Man City 1000 minutes +: 12 players

Liverpool 1000 minutes +: 14 players 

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Code said:

I have had a look at minutes played again in the PL, now that all three teams have the same amount of games. 

Minutes played out of possible 2520 minutes: 
Arsenal 1900 minutes +: 7 players

Man City 1900 minutes +: 7 players

Liverpool 1900 minutes +: 1 player

Arsenal 1400 minutes +: 10 players

Man City 1400 minutes +: 11 players

Liverpool 1400 minutes +: 9 players 

Arsenal 1000 minutes +: 13 players

Man City 1000 minutes +: 12 players

Liverpool 1000 minutes +: 14 players 

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

It's total minutes across all competitions that matters. The Europa league has been a huge advantage and will continue to be.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

So it begins, De Bruyne ruled out of Belguim's games. 

Everything has fallen Arsenal way this year(assuming it's not just a avoid internationals injury) no de Bruyne,no Ederson. 

I don’t think we or others are making enough of a big deal about returning players. Gravenberch back now with others to follow over time. 

Trent, Curtis, Alisson, Jota.

In the early part of the season we were burning teams off with substitutions. We can hopefully get back to that again. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don’t think we or others are making enough of a big deal about returning players. Gravenberch back now with others to follow over time. 

Trent, Curtis, Alisson, Jota.

In the early part of the season we were burning teams off with substitutions. We can hopefully get back to that again. 

Jota?

Not heard anything that he's nearly back. 

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Everything has fallen Arsenal way this year(assuming it's not just a avoid internationals injury) no de Bruyne,no Ederson. 

It has its been mad. That fucking Allison and VVD mess up. Lady luck is riding bare back and they're keeping momentum.

De Bruyne expected back for Arsenal clashpublished at 13:10

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpgSimon Stone
BBC Sport

Manchester City will be without playmaker Kevin de Bruyne for Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-final with Newcastle.

De Bruyne has been ruled out of the game with a minor groin injury.

He has also been omitted from Belgium’s squad for their internationals later this month.

However, the latter move is regarded as a precaution and the expectation is De Bruyne, who had a frank exchange of views with City boss Pep Guardiola after he was substituted during Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Liverpool, will be fit for the crucial Premier League home game against Arsenal on 31 March.

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Salah is missing from the Egypt squad.

I'm aware of that but fully expect Arsenal and City's withdrawals to far exceed ours. Klopp was actually pushing for Gomez to be called up which is great for Joe but fuck me it's the last thing we need.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm aware of that but fully expect Arsenal and City's withdrawals to far exceed ours. Klopp was actually pushing for Gomez to be called up which is great for Joe but fuck me it's the last thing we need.

Too right we should never encourage any of our players to play for them cunts we are cursed on that scene

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It has its been mad. That fucking Allison and VVD mess up. Lady luck is riding bare back and they're keeping momentum.

I watched their penalty shootout against Porto and even that was lucky - for Raya's first save it hits the post, rebounds onto his leg and then drags past the post again. Probably 99 times in 100 that rebounds off his leg and into the goal.

Some interesting games in the run in around the European games…

IMG_1074.jpeg

City get their customary easy ride. 

We could do with WHU getting to the semi final of the EL. They won’t have anything to play for in the league, hopefully rest a few ahead of the semi. 

Likewise, ideally we want Villa to reach the Conference Final. Means they would likely qualify for the CL in 5th and potentially have nothing to play for. 

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's a lot of over-thinking on this thread.

If we win our games, we'll finish above City and probably win the League. That's all.

Yeah, it’s hard not to get carried away / excited though.