You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

And yet the moved a Arsenal game to later in the day due to them having an away European game on the Weds. There's no reason this couldn't habe been scheduled later. 3 away games in 6 days is a pisstake 

TNT have? Isn't arsenal's game on sky, so nothing to do with tnt? 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

TNT have? Isn't arsenal's game on sky, so nothing to do with tnt? 

Earlier in the season TNT moved a Arsenal fixture

I might be wrong, thought they dud earlier. Either way no reason they couldn't get the kick off time moved. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Earlier in the season TNT moved a Arsenal fixture

But that's because they were away in Europe. They don't move them if you're not. And they don't move them if you play at home. That was the agreement on the TV deal. A deal we were more than happy to sign up to. 

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Crucial week:

Abu Dhabi play Saturday / Thursday  / Sunday.

Arsenal play Saturday / Tuesday / Sunday.

We play Sunday / Wednesday / Saturday.

And we cop yet another 1230 game

We really are being disadvantaged at every turn - we need to hope Arsenal are engaged in europe - which is exactly why some of us were shouting for them to stay in last round when some wanted them out..The longer they stay in the more it potentially helps us, and here now is a direct example with it affecting day we play.

What nonsense. The way they have arranged the Man City games is the problem and where questions need to be asked. Again. 

I do agree the way the fixtures have crumbled is shite, I’m not sure what else could be done? 

Obviously our game at WHU being a Saturday 12.30pm game is shite, it still might go to the Sunday. 

Given the possible permutations, I can appreciate the reluctance all

round for us to play The Ev in penultimate game of the season. 

Man City not having the Spurs game rearranged during the pile up is annoying but the Brighton game was postponed first so likely takes priority. 

IMG_1160.png

The next three are huge.

Brighton are awkward enough. Sheffield United to work the goal difference and the Mancs for retribution and a horrible away out of the way. 9 points and a big swing for the goal difference is the par here and a really good par. Any win at that shithole is to be celebrated but the fact is only for us being fucking imbeciles at finishing, we would have thumped the bastards over 90 mins in the cup.

Some nasty hurdles left then...but I think that will give us huge momentum for them. The Champions League draws for Arsenal and City are a thing of beauty...ideally a lovely Battle of England in the semis and a few games postponed.

Hillariously, Akanji has now picked up a knock. I'm convinced it's pre-arranged with both sets of managers. In fairness, friendlies are ridiculous at this stage of a season and players going for multiple trophies shouldn't be risked. 

7 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I don't want to hear anymore talk of getting goal difference back against Sheffield Utd.

That kind if shit invariably haunts the fuck out of us.

Especially as Arsenal play Luton the night before, so they’ll likely score a hatful that night. 

If we just win every game 1-0 we’ll win it.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The next three are huge.

Brighton are awkward enough. Sheffield United to work the goal difference and the Mancs for retribution and a horrible away out of the way. 9 points and a big swing for the goal difference is the par here and a really good par. Any win at that shithole is to be celebrated but the fact is only for us being fucking imbeciles at finishing, we would have thumped the bastards over 90 mins in the cup.

Some nasty hurdles left then...but I think that will give us huge momentum for them. The Champions League draws for Arsenal and City are a thing of beauty...ideally a lovely Battle of England in the semis and a few games postponed.

Hillariously, Akanji has now picked up a knock. I'm convinced it's pre-arranged with both sets of managers. In fairness, friendlies are ridiculous at this stage of a season and players going for multiple trophies shouldn't be risked. 

Just keep winning has to be the plan for me. I think you don't care for goal difference before a game kicks off. If it happens, nice. Get the points on the board. I see opportunities to improve goal difference in games, but it means fuck all chasing that if we don't win. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Especially as Arsenal play Luton the night before, so they’ll likely score a hatful that night. 

If we just win every game 1-0 we’ll win it.

A hatful? Against ... the Hatters? Worthy of a Thomas Muller gif that mate.

Every time someone expects us to thump someone its a nightmare of a game.

Almost everytime. It feels like we make every single game a battle even against teams full of shite players with a shite manager, who have played shite all season we turn it into Rocky v Rocky.

We have won 4 and drawn 1 of our 12.30 kickoffs this season, and the only draw was the Sky game against City. Where BT/TNT are taking the piss is that all but one of our 12.30 games have been away, and often straight after an international break. This has been going on for quite some time as well.

If we’re in contention for the title though, you have to expect every one of our matches from March onwards to be televised, and at least one of those is going to end up being a BT 12.30 game. I like the fact Klopp hasn’t been kicking off about these games this season, he’s accepted he can’t do anything about it, and I think the team’s approach has been better because of this.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

We have won 1 of our last 8 games against them.

1 win

4 draws

3 defeats

Since promotion, we hadn't beaten Brentford at their place until this season. I don't put much stock in previous results. We'll play how we play on the day. Which is hopefully a handsome win.

15 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Since promotion, we hadn't beaten Brentford at their place until this season. I don't put much stock in previous results. We'll play how we play on the day. Which is hopefully a handsome win.

Of course.

Just an ongoing poor record v them - that said i am not sure they are the team they have been and we should be beating them especially at home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Three tricky league aways in a row is ridiculous - I get that we have to fit them in somewhere, but that must be close to unprecedented. Makes us fairly clearly the third favourite in another ridiculous title race where any dropped points could finish our chances.

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I don't want to hear anymore talk of getting goal difference back against Sheffield Utd.

That kind if shit invariably haunts the fuck out of us.

Im expecting defending Sacchis Milan style that night

We constantly hear that Man City just up the gears in the title run-in and take control. This is very true but I think it gets forgotten how well Liverpool have finished seasons since 18/19.

Obviously, there are a couple of funny seasons, where covid interrupted our run, or the title has been won early, but:

We have accumulated 124 points in our final 10 games across the last five seasons. 

Manchester City have also accumulated 124 points across those 50 games. 

We have won 38, drawn 10 and lost just 2, to City and Arsenal actually (both in the title winning season, during the summer, after the covid resumption). City have won 40, drawn 4 and lost 6. The 6 they lost however, were meaningless really. They lost 3 in 20/21 when the league was all but wrapped up, lost 2 when they were miles behind us in 19/20 and lost the final game last season when it was over and they were preparing for two finals. 

This shows that City can drop points in the run-in, but usually, when they need results, they are excellent. We are also excellent when we need to be though. Across 50 games, we only lost twice, when it didn’t matter, and even last season, we only drew our final two games when 4th was gone. 

Arsenal - haha

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Razoray said:

We constantly hear that Man City just up the gears in the title run-in and take control. This is very true but I think it gets forgotten how well Liverpool have finished seasons since 18/19.

Obviously, there are a couple of funny seasons, where covid interrupted our run, or the title has been won early, but:

We have accumulated 124 points in our final 10 games across the last five seasons. 

Manchester City have also accumulated 124 points across those 50 games. 

We have won 38, drawn 10 and lost just 2, to City and Arsenal actually (both in the title winning season, during the summer, after the covid resumption). City have won 40, drawn 4 and lost 6. The 6 they lost however, were meaningless really. They lost 3 in 20/21 when the league was all but wrapped up, lost 2 when they were miles behind us in 19/20 and lost the final game last season when it was over and they were preparing for two finals. 

This shows that City can drop points in the run-in, but usually, when they need results, they are excellent. We are also excellent when we need to be though. Across 50 games, we only lost twice, when it didn’t matter, and even last season, we only drew our final two games when 4th was gone. 

Arsenal - haha

I've been saying for a while that the reason I'm less worried about arsenal than I am about city, is arsenal have a track record of finishing the season poorly. From this point (or maybe a game or 2 later) in the last 2 seasons they've blown up. They were 5 points clear of city this time last year. And they were 3 clear of spurs the year before. Where we've actually been really good even in those 2 poor seasons of ours. There's every reason to believe both Liverpool and city have got a big run in them from here. There's not really any evidence arsenal have. 

We’re due to play Spurs on a Saturday at 3pm. This will blatantly change but when will our overlords at Sky TV let us plebs know? I’m trying to make plans for that weekend.

To wrongly quote a famous saying ‘ when fans make plans, Sky laugh.’

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've been saying for a while that the reason I'm less worried about arsenal than I am about city, is arsenal have a track record of finishing the season poorly. From this point (or maybe a game or 2 later) in the last 2 seasons they've blown up. They were 5 points clear of city this time last year. And they were 3 clear of spurs the year before. Where we've actually been really good even in those 2 poor seasons of ours. There's every reason to believe both Liverpool and city have got a big run in them from here. There's not really any evidence arsenal have. 

Declan Rice headline to day in the Guardian, ‘This is a different Arsenal’. 
Oh Declan. Tempting fate much?

Just had a glance at the lineups and the injuries for the other two. 

Man city 2 injuries, Ederson and Walker. 

Arsenal 1 injury, Timber. 

Us today, 9 injuries. Four or five of which are first choice. 

Will be some achievement if we win this league