You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Beth Rigby on Sky News just said that Boris will be giving daily updates from tomorrow.

Him and Trump should just share the same Twatter account. 

Just offered that the Mother In Law moves in with us for a few weeks so she isn't alone, she's 76 and one of those pople who are stubborn and trying to put on a brave face whilst putting herself at risk on a daily basis. Of course, I'm letting the missus put this to her. 

9 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Beth Rigby on Sky News just said that Boris will be giving daily updates from tomorrow.

‘er, er, er, oh, well, er, well, well, um, this is, urm, a situation, that’s, urm, developing at a rate, or so to say developing, so, erm, yeah, another bunch of old giffers didn’t make the ‘morrow. As Aesop once ruminated upon, ‘if you can’t win the race blame the tortoise for cheating’. And, er, Dom said I better stop now as the social media feedback is 6.7% worse than, er, yesterday’s. Glad you’re all ok. Anyone got any underground drinking dens they could recommend. Dom’s cut me off Annabel's guest list.’ 

• Upvote 1

They've just had some Spanish woman in her 70s on the Beeb news. Her husband died the previous night and she had coronavirus too. She was gasping like hell and it looked horrible. And, she was one of those sent away from hospital as she wasn't sick enough yet. They must have some people in a really bad way inside the hospital if they couldn't take her in. 

Not nice to see. 

Public face £1,000 fine or custody for refusing coronavirus tests and quarantine

Emergency powers will give police right to use 'reasonable force' to detain the infected

People aged over 70 face up to four months in self-isolation and the public risk being taken into jail or a £1,000 fine if they refuse to be tested or quarantined for suspected coronavirus.

The emergency powers, expected to be announced this week, allow police in England and Wales to use ‘reasonable force’ to detain people who are at risk of infecting others.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020, published on the government's website, states that those suspected of having the disease, can be held for up to 14 days in a secure hospital or other suitable location. If they abscond they can be taken into custody before being returned to detention or isolation, the regulations state....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/15/public-face-prison-1000-fine-refusing-coronavirus-tests/

Guest Pistonbroke

Just been out with the missus for our late night walk, dead outside. Only saw one car and that was it. Eerie feeling to be honest yet quite peaceful without the usual noise. We discussed funeral songs we'd both like as humour came to the fore and I suggested we could trade our wedding rings for bog paper or potatoes. 

Bolsonaro, a far-right rabble-rouser who recently dismissed coronavirus as a media fantasy, left his presidential palace on Sunday to exchange fist bumps and mingle with supporters who turned out for highly controversial protests targeting Brazil’s democratic institutions.

Major cities including Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo have unveiled tough measures to fight coronavirus, including the closure of schools, creches, nightclubs and cinemas. Brazilian authorities have confirmed at least 121 cases and have advised citizens to remain at home.

But on Sunday Bolsonaro used his official Twitter account to encourage controversial street protests targeting his political enemies in Congress.

Mexico’s leftwing president, López Obrador, who some compare to Bolsonaro despite their ideological differences, is also facing criticism for what many see as his cavalier attitude to the crisis.

On Saturday, as authorities announced schools would be suspended until at least 20 April, he tweeted a video of himself hugging fans, posing for photos and even kissing one child during a visit to the south-western state of Guerrero.

Xavier Tello, a healthcare consultant in Mexico City, said health authorities were slowly changing their position but their leader remained in “total denial”.

Vietnam is now has cases in the high 50s. It was 16 until just over a week ago when some rich bitch flew back from London having attended the Milan fashion show and having already shown symptoms . Using her British and Vietnamese passports, she circumvented the travel restrictions in place. She succeeded in infecting loads of the other passengers in business class, tourists, who scattered the length and breadth of Vietnam and have caused a shitload more contact cases. Her friend who attended the same fashion show and also had the virus flew back from London in a jet chartered by Daddy for a mere 350,000 US dollars. Foreigners are now being treated by lepers in a lot of places, not helped by a few backpackers who have refused quarantine and carried on traveling. Saigon has closed all of the bars, brothels etc in  tourist areas and places like the ancient town in Hoian and Hue have been closed completely.

The borders have been closed completely to all UK and European passport holders but, strangely, not to US or Australian passport holders. The price of a 3-month visa extension has gone from $105 US for a quick trip to Laos and back to $350 US.

I still feel the fucking lot safer here than I would be in the UK or Australia.

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

So the Bible is a medical guide to Coronavirus? I was confused for a while but it makes a lot more sense now.

Guest Pistonbroke

What a shit night that was, both the Missus and myself back to coughing, sweating, headaches, dry throats. We actually feel a bit better after a shower and still no fever, so hopefully just some seasonal bug we've dragged home. Missus is thankfully going to get paid during this crisis as she'll have to work with home office on certain projects once they get things sorted. I hope that those on here who will be hit by it get the same luck. All hospital appointments cancelled as far as physio goes, so that's going to put whatever progress I've made with my shoulder back, small price to pay in the big scheme of things. Gonna drop my son off at work then I'm off back to bed on the sofa to deal with this man flu. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I was just reading local news and thieves are gaining entry to old folks houses by claiming to be from health teams checking on people then robbing them, utter fucking cunts. 

9 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Him and Trump should just share the same Twatter account. 

Just offered that the Mother In Law moves in with us for a few weeks so she isn't alone, she's 76 and one of those pople who are stubborn and trying to put on a brave face whilst putting herself at risk on a daily basis. Of course, I'm letting the missus put this to her. 

Have one of those as well . Nothing worked trying to drum common sense into him past two weeks . Doing a shop every day, cruising the trains and buses (cause they are free) meeting up with other at risk ones and discussing in detail how it’s all scaremongering. Anyway did the your nothing but a selfish so and so who’s going to pick up pieces when you dead or severely incapacitated. Penny dropped he coming to ours today. Don’t spit your cornflakes out but he high risk. Had half his lung removed two weeks ago (cancer, )72, got pneumonia in hospital so now short of breath  unbelievable but sorted now. Hope you get yours sorted