You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genk (A) Champions League - 23/10

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

How the fuck do you make something like that, take it all the way there, and it's only after you unfurl it in the ground that someone calls you a right blert and asks what the fuck are you doing? 

I'm struggling to imagine how the initial conversation must have went, when the fella walked into the printing shop and deadpan asks for a 12 foot banner of a giant black cock. 

A collection of some of the greatest goals we've ever scored in the Champions League. Sublime. The front 3 all complement each other so well; Mane-Salah is as good as any winger partnership the club-level game has ever seen. By token, they then give Firmino so much more time and space on the ball to execute his skill, which isn't there half as much when there's an inferior player like Origi on the other side to occupy defences. An utterly sublime 11 - and one built through wholly organic footballing-means.

Martin Keown was man of the match tonight.

"Wijnaldo" was quality but the bitter rant about Arsenal never asking his opinion on potential signings came out of nowhere and was right up there with Ox's second goal as the highlight of the game.

He's gloriously mental.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Martin Keown was man of the match tonight.

"Wijnaldo" was quality but the bitter rant about Arsenal never asking his opinion on potential signings came out of nowhere and was right up there with Ox's second goal as the highlight of the game.

He's gloriously mental.

Also ‘Lovrens’ in the first half, and spending the first thirty minutes repeating how high we push our full-backs like an excited puppy who think’s it’s stumbled on the secret of our success.

• Upvote 2

I didn't watch it but have just read this match thread. It changed quickly from us being shite, not a patch on last season to scoring the second and it being a great performance.  

That banner really fucking pisses me off, like people need an excuse to rip into our club but there's always some dickheads ready to give them ammunition. A United fan gives Trent racial abuse it's condemned next game some fucking twat produces that to go a step further. Publicise the racist fucks faces, they shouldn't be allowed to hide behind the club badge.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

How the fuck do you make something like that, take it all the way there, and it's only after you unfurl it in the ground that someone calls you a right blert and asks what the fuck are you doing? 

Did these people hear the Mancs singing their racist Lukaku song and think "Cool. We should be more like them"?

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Did these people hear the Mancs singing their racist Lukaku song and think "Cool. We should be more like them"?

One excuse they’d have here is maybe because his first name Divock rhymes witty Big Cock, the banner was  more in reference to that more so than his skin colour. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

One excuse they’d have here is maybe because his first name Divock rhymes witty Big Cock, the banner was  more in reference to that more so than his skin colour. 

Bullshit.

It equally rhymes with Big Clock, or Big Sock or Big Frock - none of those play on racist stereotypes, though.

There is no excuse for racism.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Bullshit.

It equally rhymes with Big Clock, or Big Sock or Big Frock - none of those play on racist stereotypes, though.

There is no excuse for racism.

Should have covered his cock with a sock then. Fine line between humour and being a massive racist dick. 

Do I think its the worst example of racism ever? No , far from it but the media love sticking the knife in us and its given them a chance to. I imagine the person who took the flag didn't do it alone which means there is a group of fans following us who thought that was funny/alright. 

46 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

My first thought was "Braindead cunts" when I saw that banner. It was clearly more than one person involved too. Imagine agreeing with your mates to allow that. "Sound, Barry. That looks exactly the banner to give the team a lift!"

You just can't fix stupid.

Harsh on Wom that. Harsh, but fair

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Should have covered his cock with a sock then. Fine line between humour and being a massive racist dick

Do I think its the worst example of racism ever? No , far from it but the media love sticking the knife in us and its given them a chance to. I imagine the person who took the flag didn't do it alone which means there is a group of fans following us who thought that was funny/alright. 

So what you're saying is that the artist became one with his creation?

• Upvote 2

A hapless pair of Liverpool fans managed to miss their team's 4-1 Champions League win in Belgium on Wednesday despite making the midweek trip.

The two travelling supporters arrived in plenty of time for a match at Gent. The problem was that their beloved Reds were playing over 150 kilometres away in Genk -- with a "k".

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A hapless pair of Liverpool fans managed to miss their team's 4-1 Champions League win in Belgium on Wednesday despite making the midweek trip.

The two travelling supporters arrived in plenty of time for a match at Gent. The problem was that their beloved Reds were playing over 150 kilometres away in Genk -- with a "k".

At least they can enjoy a mini-break in a charming European town. Plus they could watch it on TV. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

My first thought was "Braindead cunts" when I saw that banner. It was clearly more than one person involved too. Imagine agreeing with your mates to allow that. "Sound, Barry. That looks exactly the banner to give the team a lift!"

You just can't fix stupid.

I fucking knew it was one of our lot. Too much GF.

@Barry Wom you have some explaining to do.