You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I see fishy Rishi has gotten in on the act now.  Funny such a small thing boils so much piss. 

Probably thinks there's some votes in it for him if he gets involved, the scrawny fucking rat. 

6 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I mean, it's a weird decision to change the colours of a national flag to be playful isn't it?. Would they do it to the US flag or France if they made their shirts? Probably not.

I'd be impressed if they did it to the Saudi or Qatar team shirts. I suspect the backlash would go a bit further than a bit of griping on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'd be impressed if they did it to the Saudi or Qatar team shirts. I suspect the backlash would go a bit further than a bit of griping on Twitter.

Why them nations in particular? 

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Well for starters they have both had Nike kits in recent years.

Oh right. Sure. 

Oh and when the PM and the leader of the opposition come out moaning about it, it kind of goes beyond a few gripes on twitter but you carry on. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh right. Sure. 

Oh and when the PM and the leader of the opposition come out moaning about it, it kind of goes beyond a few gripes on twitter but you carry on. 

I'm assuming he also feels they're a bit beheady and murdery too.  

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

It's fucking weird to change colours of a national flag but if it increases Joey Barton's chances of having a stroke I'm all for it. 

It isn't any different to how crests are put on kits and training gear in different colours.

All they have done is taken the cross from the ingerlund flag and put it on neck in some of the team colours - including the new away kit and the training gear - the reactions from gammons/flag shaggers and frankly the stupid is just incredible, especially all the really loud it is all "woke" shouts.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is there a reason England uses 3 Lions? I mean, I’ve been out walking the dog and seen foxes, horses, hedgehogs, ducks, swans etc but never a lion. 

Which is always a great shame in certain places 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is there a reason England uses 3 Lions? I mean, I’ve been out walking the dog and seen foxes, horses, hedgehogs etc but never a lion. 

Wait until you find out about Wales's and Scotland's national animals, the dragon and unicorn.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

im sure a company which makes sporting gear will be devestated a load of fat middle aged gammons will be boycotting it.

I do think its a bad decision from a business view. I couldn't a shit about England or Nike but the idea the sort of people who support Stoke or Bolton would be happy with this change is ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Glorious 

IMG_2758.png

IMG_2759.png

IMG_2760.png

IMG_2761.png

IMG_2762.png

IMG_2763.png

IMG_2764.png

As if the tossers calling for a boycott of Nike wear their stuff anyway. They’ll be head to toe in stuff like Donnay, Slazenger, Lonsdale, Everlast or, if they’re pushing the boat out, a little bit of Pierre Cardin for the weekend. 

1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

I do think its a bad decision from a business view. I couldn't a shit about England or Nike but the idea the sort of people who support Stoke or Bolton would be happy with this change is ridiculous. 

they did it back on 20111 and there was barely a murmer.

its a classic example of flag shagger outrage with the usual suspects jumping on the bandwagon.