You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

15 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can't be right. Wrong sponsor for a training kit. 

It's the supposed design of all 3 kits next season on 1 shirt - no chance in hell that will be worn be players as training kit - they might sell it, although who would buy it i'll never know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Interesting, if not a little surprising.

Thought we may have gone with Puma, plus ca change.

Adidas are really stinging over losing the DFB deal, and Nike do seem to be cutting back. Wouldn't be overly surprised if this turned out to be bollocks as Nike were supposed to be losing Barca, but now they're talking about a new 10 year deal with them.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Interesting, if not a little surprising.

Thought we may have gone with Puma, plus ca change.

Adidas are really stinging over losing the DFB deal, and Nike do seem to be cutting back. Wouldn't be overly surprised if this turned out to be bollocks as Nike were supposed to be losing Barca, but now they're talking about a new 10 year deal with them.

The Nike deal was pretty innovative but possibly came at the wrong time with COVID, maybe they've just decided that guaranteed cash over a shorter contract gives them more flexibility in reacting to price fluctuation compared to some of these larger ten-fifteen year deals you see that start off looking massive but can plummet down the table as clubs leapfrog with new deals as the years progress.

For substantially less than what Adidas pay united. Not sure how they achieve way more than we do when it comes to kit deals. We sell more than them, we’re better than them by far and have a massive following. Granted, they do too. 
And we’ve had huge exposure over the Jurgen years. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

I want us to get back with adidas as it opens up the retro stuff like they do for the mancs.

Absolutely.  Some of the retro adidas footy gear is spot on, especially Bayern and Boca.  I bought this a couple of years back;

s-l400.jpeg

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Furmedge said:

Absolutely.  Some of the retro adidas footy gear is spot on, especially Bayern and Boca.  I bought this a couple of years back;

s-l400.jpeg

Yeah would love to see some proper retro gear for us from them.

I know it is them but the stuff they have done for the mancs is spot on....

Even simple stuff like this:

https://store.manutd.com/en/manchester-united-x-adidas-originals-trefoil-t-shirt-white/p-2314701650006697+z-907-1836023915?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r4c2:po-14

Adidas has always seemed like a more natural fit for Liverpool, but not only did they treat the club like shit off their shoe when they decided not to renew in 2012, they've saved some of their worst ideas for the years they've been our sponsor (1991 to 1995 being the worst examples). If the rumoured agreement is true, it is hopefully a similar arrangement as with the current Nike deal, only with bigger numbers, a shitload of Originals gear with trefoil logos etc, and absolutely no pissing about with the design and colours of the home kits in particular.

It's weird how sportswear companies the world over aim most of their stuff at young people who apparently love wild and wacky designs and colours, and yet in US sports the stuff is always 'classic' both in terms of design and colours. I prefer classic and always have, even back when I fit the sportswear companies' target age.