You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton, Home, 17:30KO. Chris Hughton's Ma.

Oh Buoy

I think our midfield looks better with Hendo in it. 

I know Gini has played well but he shackles the midfield a bit with shorter passing.

Disagree -- Wiji moves it on much faster than Henderson -- he was very good yesterday -- misplaced a single pass all game -- offers more on the turn and has more patience in defense. Hendo overruns pursuit all the time and ends up wrong sided alot because he is too eager to make a big play when all is needed is to slow it down and let us regain shape.

Talk in the pub yesterday was when Fabinho gets up to speed Hendo is going to struggle for minutes.

I can’t see him having many mates tbf. I like him, though. I’ll be his mate

So do I. He seems like a genuine bloke. BT certainly has a ‘diverse’ panel; on one hand you have Macca who looks like he’s having a laugh all the time... and you have Keown.

Hate to bag on Hendo but it is truly laughable having him as captain now that we have proper footballers and leaders at the club. Van Dijk is the most obvious choice since Gerrard. It would be like the Mancs having Ashley Young as skipper.

France had Deschamps as their captain when they won the World Cup 20 years ago. That team had several GOAT contenders, and Deschamps was probably about the same level as Henderson as a footballer. I don’t think captaincy matters as much as you make it out to be.

France had Deschamps as their captain when they won the World Cup 20 years ago. That team had several GOAT contenders, and Deschamps was probably about the same level as Henderson as a footballer. I don’t think captaincy matters as much as you make it out to be.

Somehow I don't see Hendo becoming a World Cup Winning manager. Have you heard him speak? There's barely a shred of intelligence or charisma there.

So do I. He seems like a genuine bloke. BT certainly has a ‘diverse’ panel; on one hand you have Macca who looks like he’s having a laugh all the time... and you have Keown.

I quite like BTs post game stuff a lot of the time. The Owen talk last night was interesting, and quite sad

I hope Brighton do well this season. I like Hughton. He has an honesty about him that's admirable when you have deluded giblets like the Owl and Shitcoat to compare against.

yep agree with this. It’s easy to like teams that want to play the right way. I like Bournemouth and Eddie Howe as well.