You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton, Home, 17:30KO. Chris Hughton's Ma.

Oh Buoy

I think we can underestimate the power of giving smaller teams a hiding at Anfield, especially if they are the type to sit back. I think we need to shrug off this 'if you play Liverpool your best method of getting points is to play deep and hope you nick some points after suffocating them'.

• Upvote 2

I think we can underestimate the power of giving smaller teams a hiding at Anfield, especially if they are the type to sit back. I think we need to shrug off this 'if you play Liverpool your best method of getting points is to play deep and hope you nick some points after suffocating them'.

Brighton aren't that defensive though, they're fairly open which is why we've given them a pasting in previous games. Hopefully Hughton will continue to try and play football against us rather than defend for their lives like mighty Man United do whenever they come to Anfield.

• Upvote 1

The psychology of battering teams at Anfield will be invaluable if we want to come close to the league. Free points are invaluable as City are finding out, and ourselves & the Mancs made an art of through the 80's and 90's.

As last season went on you could see that teams came  with the only aim of not getting humiliated and we need this to accelerate. Hughton is sounding like he is almost conceding with his comments this morning and that is great.

The most stupid thing I ever heard an opposing manager say was Ron Atkinson's ' All you ever get at Anfield is a cup of tea' which basically meant every other visitor after that was beaten mentally before they got here.

• Upvote 1

The psychology of battering teams at Anfield will be invaluable if we want to come close to the league. Free points are invaluable as City are finding out, and ourselves & the Mancs made an art of through the 80's and 90's.

As last season went on you could see that teams came  with the only aim of not getting humiliated and we need this to accelerate. Hughton is sounding like he is almost conceding with his comments this morning and that is great.

The most stupid thing I ever heard an opposing manager say was Ron Atkinson's ' All you ever get at Anfield is a cup of tea' which basically meant every other visitor after that was beaten mentally before they got here.

Spot on. Also, stop the free cups of tea.

• Upvote 1

Brighton aren't that defensive though, they're fairly open which is why we've given them a pasting in previous games. Hopefully Hughton will continue to try and play football against us rather than defend for their lives like mighty Man United do whenever they come to Anfield.

Spot on.

Fingers crossed Brighton come to Anfield with ambitions.

I’d like it to get to 93 minutes, it’s 0-0, everybody is gutted until Naby pops up with a wonder goal, then he just starts barking. Not like a big dog, but like a yapping terrier. Then the whole ground does it until the players leave the pitch. Then, when they’re getting on the coach, our fans and players are all lined up barking at them. When they stop for fuel, the attendant starts barking as they’re paying. Then, just as Chris Houghton is about to go to sleep, he gets a call and it Klopp barking down the phone at him.

• Upvote 2

I’d like it to get to 93 minutes, it’s 0-0, everybody is gutted until Naby pops up with a wonder goal, then he just starts barking. Not like a big dog, but like a yapping terrier. Then the whole ground does it until the players leave the pitch. Then, when they’re getting on the coach, our fans and players are all lined up barking at them. When they stop for fuel, the attendant starts barking as they’re paying. Then, just as Chris Houghton is about to go to sleep, he gets a call and it Klopp barking down the phone at him.

Hope Bobby Madley isn't reffing.

• Upvote 2

Ha ha, dunno what you're on but that's funny.