You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea(h) PL- Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Firmino works his bollocks off leads the press and wins the ball for us to play from....replaced by the lazy and incapable of/scared of running at any real speed in case something falls off him Sturridge.

Mane absolute key to our main tactic of stretching teams with electric pace and clever movement....replaced by the head down headless chicken Oxlade Chamberlain.

• Upvote 1

I can agree with the Mane/AOC switch if the former is nursing an injury back to full fitness. If Mane can only give us 20-30 mins from the bench then so be it. This is why we bought AOC, to add some pace and depth. Don’t get me wrong, he’s nowhere near as good, but that switch at least makes sense to me, IF Mane is nursing a bit of an injury.

Sturridge for Firmino makes no sense. Firmino works hard and presses from the front. Sturridge just doesn’t offer the same work rate.

Wijnaldum for Milner is a bit meh. The former is a lot better at home and pops up with goals, but on the other hand Milner offers a bit more tenacity so I can half understand it.

Moreno? What is there to say that’s not been said. He was nowhere, then he fought his way back into the side and has been OK this season, but then had a real stinker against Sevilla. Again. Maybe his pace will be useful? Like every red, I’ll be nervous when the ball goes near him in a defensive position.

Guest Pistonbroke

Strange line-up unless we are carrying knocks. Robertson is on the bench, that should be Moreno. Chelsea will look at Moreno and go for it, although it could be a ploy from Klopp, knowing that Milner can babysit Moreno. 

Hazard, Kante and Bakayato are going to make fools out of Henderson and Chamberlain.